Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The official 2017 Christmas break room and gift exchange 21/24 to12/30

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Yum English muffins.
put a runny egg in the middle and dip in salsa!

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Another boring wonderful day down here.

Not even going to try to contribute to the breakroom food or drink today. That's two days in a row that some of you loudly proclaimed that my contributions were not suitable for human consumption. Could add some impolite words here, but as this is a family site will restrain myself. Two strikes and I am out eh?

Have any of you heard or seen the Go Fish videos about Christmas? Here is one of them. There are more on the sidebar;
Old 12-27-2017, 07:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow. What is all that noise around here. Oh yeh, it is that wild vid Stan sent. Now that is a very different rebuke to those that love Happy Holidays. I always answer "who is Mister Holiday? Never heard of him. Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas." That group is with it, Stan. Good message in all that noise. Oh to be that rambunctious again - - that would be fun. Now that I am older, I understand why I drove my parents crazy. I better understand the comment "our grandchildren are our reward for not eating our kids when they were teen agers."

Grabbing some goodies and a ph00 and hitting the road. Have a gudurn. ....................
Old 12-27-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Ooohhh boy ... bacon egg-McMuffins good start to the day.!!!!'

Well seeing as Stan is pouting about our very sophisticated palettes I'LL supply the fruit this morning............

(Ok, it's -26c outside... the only fruit that grew well enough to share was the strawberries BUT my pack of kidos devoured all but 2 pints that my wife put back and I ain't about to bring those out... hiummm)

....... let's see here YES !!!

...... got a grocery bag full of brown mushy bananas ... we are gonna make banana bread so you guys don't eat too many. I'll leave a knife on the counter by the bag ... you can trim off the few good pieces
Old 12-27-2017, 11:19 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
I just wait for the banana bread.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
You guys got me beat, only -4°F here. Break room has been picked over pretty well, nothing left but some burnt coffee.
Started assessing the cabin yesterday, got some work to do before moving in. Wish it were warmer.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Warming up nicely today ... -21c!!

Headed out to with wife so she can shop the after Christmas sales... I run few errands while I wait on her... gotta pick up a new thermostat

I'm not much on electricity but I'm assuming it will be plug and play on a new digital thermostat... I got the old style analog little coil spring type ... keep yer fingers crossed !!

If we happen to drive by Timmy's... and if you guys happen to be on your best behaviour... I MIGHT bring back some doughnuts for later
Old 12-28-2017, 06:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Strolled into the breakroom to take back the boerwors and biltong that some of you said rude things about, but it's all gone! Somebody obviously liked it. The boerewors is similar to the venison sausage that some of you have kindly left in the past. Both are great tasting but for just the taste, I prefer the boerewors, but that can change depending on who made it and the spices used. The biltong definitely beats jerky for taste although I still eat jerky when I cannot find any biltong.

Still not going to try making any coffee, but did make ph00. Made some coffee just for myself.

Still too early to head outside to do any work, so will relax with my coffee and catch up on the crazy world news.

Ciao.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
I threw on a pot of Coffee for those that like it. I am having my black tea while I prepare myself to go load the wood stove. It is -20F* here this morning and only supposed to warm up to -5 for today's high.
I have some nice warm inside the shop work to do today so I am happy about that. I am also hoping too finally get that HX-35 turbo installed on my '91.0. I installed the oil cooler and oil filter housing on it last night before dinner.
I had a great dinner at some friends that are school teachers and are off for the holiday vacation last night which was fun.
Well the boots are on and I am off to load up the stove.
Have a good day all.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
It is -20F* here this morning and only supposed to warm up to -5 for today's high.
Wow, Oliver - -- you guys are getting hammered up there. OUCH. I will quit whining about a high of only 71. ...............................OUCH, don't hit soooo hard. ................

Seriously, gorgeous day out again. Heading for cooler days over the weekend. Can't believe the snowfall amounts in short time around the Erie area - - unbelievable. Wow, that global warming had better hurry up. LOL

Off to relieve my wife for a few hours from sister-watching. I will take a book and my ear plugs and stay with sis-in-law so wifey can do some needed shopping and just get out of there for a couple hours. My work can wait.

Ph00..........................................yahoo.

Thinking about your friend Scotty - - any news reports???
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 AM

-7°, up from -10° yesterday evening.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry i haven't stopped by lately. Life got in the way.... All good now, so back to the norm.
I see I missed some wonderful vittles. I spent Christmas eve eve through day after wrapped in the bed with the trash can by my side. Wife had a nice party from the sounds I heard through the locked bedroom door. Kinda wonder about the sounds of "take it off!". Not going to ask.......Which of you guys showed up to show their LEGGS????????
Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Here's what being a human being (never mind it's a cop who claims he's doing his job) means to me.

Two separate stories...

https://patch.com/wisconsin/greenfie...an-burning-car

And a little more local

https://patch.com/new-jersey/holmdel...e-firefighters

Can't say enough about good (great) people in life saving positions in life.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Ladies and Germs I finally kicked the creeping crud that had me blowing and coughing for 3 weeks I believe stock in Kleenex went up 2 points on my behalf alone.

Hot coffee and water for the tea drinkers, fresh phoo for busy Bob. Cracker barrel has been gracious enough to cater the break room this morning so come on in and get your favorites!

Ignore the grumbling Dragon this morning he is upset because I took down the Christmas tree and hid his Elf on a shelf
Old 12-29-2017, 10:22 AM

Back down to -10°F, it was supposed to start getting warmer. The dragon is happier, I gave him a weed eater to play with.

Quick Reply: The official 2017 Christmas break room and gift exchange 21/24 to12/30