Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New world break room and swap meet 9-24 to 9-30

Old 09-24-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
New world break room and swap meet 9-24 to 9-30

Well, I survived the end of the world yesterday, I guess it's time to start a brave new one. If there was anything spectacular yesterday, I must have slept through it. No Change in the weather or temperatures here, cat still threw up on the rug, rabbits still roaming the yard and begging for carrots at the kitchen window. The mail and news paper where delivered as usual. New neighbor moving in across the street with a bunch of noisy kids. If the world did end, not even the world noticed it.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,569 Posts
Brave New World...reminds me of the Iron Maiden album, with the same title.
Hopeful the new world is as good as that album.
Left some homemade pork sausage and a couple of IPAs on the counter for those that survived yesterday.
Looks like the dragon made it..he likes sausage, go figure.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 AM

A 1931 novel written by Aldous Huxley, later turned into a movie in the 60's. I hope his predictions are wrong, but we won't have to worry for another 500 years.
Near freezing this morning. Another torture session with the therapist in a couple hours.
I'm going to try and kick start a stalled project afterwords and talk to a guy about a local job.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:03 PM

Swung in for a quick break...
Ending up having g a warm IPA from yesterday that was still on the counter with the dragon.
Maybe no one else but cougar [the dragon] and I survived...
Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Cougar, hope you made it by the physical terrorist without too much pain. Sounds like you are about to "enjoy" a job change.

I survived the end of the world (for about the sixth time) as well.

My favorite "end of the world" was Y2K. I had friends completely disown me because I wouldn't believe that civilization as we know it wasn't going to cease just because of a computer dating problem. They were convinced that every piece of hardware in the electrical system was run by an obsolete computer.

Pulled up stakes, hooked the first gen, fiver, and bass boat up in a string and went boondocking a little ways north of here last week. Spend a couple of days camped in a hay field on a minimum maintenance road, and fished a couple of new lakes. One was Grindstone lake. Found out the landing is a joke, and navigation hazards are very big and not marked on that lake. Lost a little metal off the outboard motor on rocks. All in all it was a great, quiet getaway that DW and I enjoyed.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
18 days post op
all is well
👍🏻

Running from 90 plus temps back to 50's in a few hours yesterday. It only gets colder today.

hanyday folks!

on edit; Lary my Elder Twin? I checked the mail and my new steel wool LEGGings haven't arrived yet.
Can you track them please?
Old 09-27-2017, 07:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hot Coffee and Phoo in case Bob makes an appearance. Bacon and eggs along with hotcakes fresh off the griddle come and get it!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
OK Lary, you enticed me in. Nice grub, thanks.

Scotty, good to hear that you are on the mend.

We have had lots of overnight rain for 4 nights in a row. Last night we had 42 mm of rain and on Monday night we had 32 mm of rain. The local dams are overflowing. The days are still very nice, even although there is a bit of cloud.

Yesterday had a dustup with 1A Auto and am still very, very angry at them!

Getting ready for another 1,200 mile round trip north across the border to pick up a bunch of stuff for the orphanage and myself. For a change will not be taking my truck and for the first time will be going as a passenger and not driving. I like that. We leave on Oct 9.

Hope ol' Bob signs in soon and is OK.

Update. Our neighbourhood is trapped due to the only two roads in or out being flooded and partially destroyed. Just seen a picture of a bus half inside a large sinkhole that opened up on the main road. At least it is warm and sunny, so hope this mess gets cleared up soon. One of the local dams has burst and is flooding everything below it. I am thankfully out of harm's way, but some of our friends are not so lucky with badly flooded houses.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

There goes Stan devoting his time helping out the orphanage....Kudos on you Stan, your a GREAT guy

Scotty: your steel wool leggings are currently at the blacksmith getting the blades honed and polished should be shipping out late next week
Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Lary, thank you for the kudos.

The heavy rain last night has done more damage in the area than many realized early this morning. Am hearing more and more reports of roads destroyed, houses flooded and the poor people losing almost everything. At least the main water has receded and everybody can drive around now. As of a few moments ago, one of the local churches has put out a call for blankets and warm clothing for the folks that have lost so much and will be sleeping in the church tonight.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
So nice how you help Stan and thanks for rhe well wishes.
I have not felt so good, so Peaceful, so energetic in a very long time.
Almost like the first time Lary weed whacked my LEGGS
Blissful

I set up phoo and a full spread of the best breakfast delights.
Lots of coffee and juices too.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the breakfast spread, Scotty.
I am glad you are feeling good finally, just you are Lary keep the weed wacker to yourselves.

After two weeks of unseasonable warm followed by a three day heat wave of almost 90F during the day, it feel more like fall today. It is supposed to hit 60F as the high with a frost tonight...Perfect weather for a little more wood splitting.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:39 PM

Warmer and rained all night. The night before it froze. Landlord broke my furnace, using portables to keep warm. Had a job interview yesterday, kinda. Sent him my resume and he asked when I could start. Going to pass after finding out the details. Working outside in the winter is a job for the young folks, not us old dust farters. Other wise I would have jumped on it.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hope ol' Bob signs in soon and is OK.

Update. Our neighbourhood is trapped due to the only two roads in or out being flooded and partially destroyed.
Wow Stan - - - sounds like you might have been in Florida. Luckily our home came thru in great shape with only one smaller tree down.

Hi gang - - - Yes, I am OK - - - been out west for three weeks and not only very busy but the internet was not available in many spots.

Good news, Scotty - - made me giggle a bit to read how you felt. Been praying for you. Very good. Now, don't be stupid and push those areas just repaired. I thought of you while trying to put things back to normal today. I shuttered the house completely before leaving with that stupid hurricane just a couple days away heading straight for our house. Emptied my lanai of all furniture and plants and put my big lady statue down on the deck on her face. Wow, she is heavier than my wife and she is - - - - uhhhh, duhhhh, better now say perchance she ever reads it (which she periodically does to see how we are behaving). Anyhow, had to lift her upright, then carry her up one step to the corner, then lift her up 1' to her stand. Wow, she is heavy.

Speaking of the wife - - she decided to grace us all on our first day of vacation at Lake Tahoe (and on her birthday) by breaking her leg. Fell on wet pavement. Boy, did that change our plans in a hurry. We still carried on with the schedule, but the events planned at each place changed dramatically. We hit Tahoe for a week. Older son and wife met us in Atlanta and we flew together to Sacramento, then up to Tahoe. Gorgeous 2 br/2bath condo up high overlooking the lake. Gorgeous place. Then on to Klamath Falls, OR where our youngest son and family joined us. This is the one who lives on Whidbey Island and is an engineer with Boeing and has the daughter who HAD leukemia we were so worried about. Also has a darling set of twins, 4yo. So, Nana and Grandy had a lot of fun. Had another gorgeous place there - - 3br/2ba Condo overlooking golf course and lake for the Washington bunch and wife and I, and a 1br condo for older son and wife. Had a great time at both places. Snowed very hard at Crater Lake and so heavy and foggy could not see lake. Kids had a ball. Then the two of us went back into California to my HS class reunion. Boy, that was neat. About 30% of the class has died. Some others did not look so great. Made me thankful for whatever I am. Had a great time with them.

OK, enough. Just good to be home. Luckily changed flights home to have seating in the first row of 1st class in both of them for Marian - - I had to stay in the back. Very tired and into a house full of stuff that belongs out in the lanai. Had 3 people take refuge in our home during the hurricane. Now trying to get it back to normal. Some heavy stuff and about 2 days of hurricane shutters to remove and stow. gGGRRRRR.

Oh well, home and ph00 is hot. ...............................................

L8R
Old 09-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Glad to see you came through OK Bob, take care of that young lady or we may not get any more of her baked treats in here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New world break room and swap meet 9-24 to 9-30