Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

October break room 10/2/16 to 10/8/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
October break room 10/2/16 to 10/8/16

Fall is in full swing up here in the Norther land. Leave are pretty much off the trees and frost/freeze almost every morning. Daytime highs are starting to dip below the 50°s. Days are getting shorter and nights longer.
Country breakfast spread on the table and lots of fresh mountain man coffee.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Welcome to October, Mr Cougar. Looking forwards to Alaska snow being sent this a way. Drinking my tea and wishing for colder weather.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bit cooler down this way the last few days. Finally staying below 90. Nice - - - and dryer too. 80's should be right around the corner - - like November. Yeh.

Made some ph00 and grabbed some goodies. Off to relax a while.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:02 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hi guys and gals. Beautiful weather down here. The days start with cloudless, brilliant blue skies and then as the day progresses, some clouds roll in. The sun will quickly cook a person, but the shade is wonderful and cool.

Note to the mods: please ban the folk that persist in using bad 4 & 5 letter words such as s**w or f***t. Those are horrible, depressing words!
Old 10-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Not worried about the temps today. Solid 70 all day long. I spent the day staying close to the thunder jug. Seems a late night snack at the local greasy spoon caught up with me.

Spoke with Mom in Casper today. She said Casper Mountain may get snow tonight, but nothing in the valley.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:05 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

WOW! Have just finished watching Dinesh D'Souza speaking at John Hagee's Cornerstone church. Talk about hitting Obama, Hillary and others hard! This is probably the straightest and most hard hitting talk I have ever heard about politics, Bill, Hillary and Obama. After all he said, hope that he is still alive by the end of the year and that Hillary has not sent her killers after him. Think that it can be watched on YouTube, Facebook etc. Try and find it if you can. If you care about restoring America, then listen to this guy.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
God morning to yall. Woke up to a beautiful cloudless sunrise and 52 degrees. Been waitin all summer to get my flannels back out..
Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning, Coffee and Phoo are hot and fresh....Krispy Kreme donuts are fresh this morning dig in!
Old 10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning, Coffee and Phoo are hot and fresh....Krispy Kreme donuts are fresh this morning dig in!
Finally stopped from cleaning carpets and upholstery since 6:30 this morning. Had my oatmeal about 7:30, then back it until the blonde made me quit and come eat at 2. Had no idea it was that late and here are clocks all around me while I work. Funny, looked out in the lanai at our new clock/thermometer to see the temp and never looked at the clock. ........... ............No wonder I am tired. Soooooo, grabbing my ph00 to top off lunch and might break the diet and have 1/2 of a donut and bring the other to the blonde - - she can never say no to a KK.

OK, out of here to relax - - phooey on carpets for today. More morry.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Today's battle at work was centered on getting two raccoons out of the fuel cell hanger. Actually, I saw 2 little ones and Mama go in on camera. We never did find Mama.... Every office door was open along with a C-130 in the bay. Think that tomorrow will prove interesting. Got a call in to the airport wildlife guy to bring some traps, but we are told he is on leave for the next week. "Does anybody have a key to his trap shed?" Nope.......

The only thing missing from the circus was the clowns.........
Old 10-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
42° so far, don't think it's going to get any warmer today. Dense river fog. Couldn't see more than 25 yards in a few spots on the highway.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm going to swear.
2-3" of rain and then S N O W
And icy conditions started today, goes for next 48 hrs.
Might be icy on my way home tomorrow.
Sadness
Old 10-04-2016, 04:00 AM

Good morning. Too early to see what kind of a day it will be, but probably boringly wonderful as usual. Woke up early and my mind started to work, so could not sleep any more. This sort of thing happen to any of you? So got up and made extra early coffee and ph00. Fresh tacos and an assortment of delicious fillings are on the table. They must be good because the dragon is trying to get to them. Hope there is some left before it manages to swipe some.

Scotty, I feel for you. It is for reasons like that why I moved to an area that never sees any weather like that. Not even close. Most days here really are close to perfect with very moderate temperatures the year around.

sherod, hope that you fill us in on the rest of the clown story.

In the middle of a mod on my truck. Have always wanted double sun visors on my truck due to the fact that I often drive on roads with lots of curves and am constantly moving the sun visor from the front to the side. Recently the drivers sun visor again started to fall down and would not stay in the total up position. Another piece of cheap Dodge junk. This is the second time this has happened. On my last trip to the US, went to a junk yard and looked around. Found a pair of double visors on a Denali that were close in size to mine. The color was almost a perfect match. They are double visors with a mirror and light on both. It's a bit of a pain to modify the supports to make them fit perfectly, but am almost finished. They look good. Stole some power for the mirrors from the overhead console lights. The main attachment screws have a different spacing to the Dodge and that was the biggest problem. Ended up by using speed nuts to secure them. This works and nothing moves.

Enjoy the genuine Mexican tacos and fillings. No pigging out, OK? That mainly applies to oink Lary and oink Scotty.

Ciao
Old 10-04-2016, 04:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Woke up here at 3 AM.
Not sure why. Maybe the weather changes.
Stanadian, the family is what keeps us here and certain employment requirements. Need to buy more lotto tickets.

I love 'real' Mexican food.
Gracias.

I'll try sleeping again now.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Today, it's a bit cloudy, but better than yesterday.

After having a 6' long camera stuck up your butt as a morning chore, any day beyond that is WONDERFUL ! I have a new "First" to brag about....

Doc says I'm good for 10 years, and I need more roughage in my diet, so it's old fashioned oatmeal for me from now on ...

Woo hoo.... I feel 10 pounds lighter after Sunday's home on the johnnie episode...

Quick Reply: October break room 10/2/16 to 10/8/16