Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

October break room 10/2/16 to 10/8/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman

After having a 6' long camera stuck up your butt as a morning chore, any day beyond that is WONDERFUL ! I have a new "First" to brag about....
Last time I did that I told the doc "Whatever you are looking for back there, I am dying from it!" He asked "why I would say that?"....I told him "because we ain't NEVER doing this crap again!"

Miserable thing to deal with, I am not going there again.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Miserable thing to deal with, I am not going there again.
Friend of mine who is hugely strong guy had it done recently. When asked if the first gallon of juice cleaned him out, he said "I kinda gurgled for a bit". Second gallon nearly finished him off!

The facial expressions when he tells the story are hilarious!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Well, Lary,

The one thing I can tell you about that experience was what everyone else had said...

The day of prep is worse.

I did, however, get the BEST SLEEP I've had in the last 3 years. I woke up hysterically laughing, giggling and unable to stop for about 15 minutes. I'm in a room full of other patients that just had the same thing, and most of them were asleep.

The nursing staff were laughing at me as I just couldn't stop giggling and chuckling. Once the anesthesia wore off, I stopped. It was then when the crackers and orange juice came about that I spent the next 20 minutes passing gas (it was the air they pump in you) .

The nurses said.... "that's music to our ears".

My reply was .....

" If a night's mexican food was actually a factor you wouldn't be saying that right now...."

It was the BEST Sleep EVER !
Old 10-04-2016, 01:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had the test once and will never do it again, Bob by looking at the weather I hope all is tacked down well because it looks like things are going to get rough for Florida.

Everything is normal around here taco bell for supper in the break room this evening.

Have a good one
Old 10-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I'm going to swear.
It won't help!!!!!!!!!! ...................

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Bob by looking at the weather I hope all is tacked down well because it looks like things are going to get rough for Florida.
Have a good one
Hopefully it stays over on the east coast - - I am on the "soft" side of Florida. Really a whopper of a storm. Luckily I have only been in one direct hit (not a very powerful one) and I have been down here since 1960. Hey, how can that be - - I am only 39??????????................

Finished the carpet shampooing - - boy I am good. Look like brand new. My daughter makes some amazing and beautiful area carpets. She just put one of her customs in the 747 that carried the shuttle back and forth - - they retired it I think in Houston at the museum. Quite a honor.

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here - - go relax - - working too hard. Supposed to be retired - - keep forgetting.

TiredBob
Old 10-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
$no#ing

Speaking of gardens hose exams.
Last time I had one they thought I was asleep. I said; "wait a minute, back up, what's that shiny thing?"

We don't do those as often anymore.
We get a 'kit' in the mail for testing.
Did mine yesterday.
I put a note in with mine requesting a bigger receptacle for my sample since their tiny lil holder was hard to aim at.
And sorry about the spillage.

Probably reject it and send me a new kit.

Enjoy your day

Hanyday

Igonow

Ugonow
Old 10-05-2016, 09:09 AM

Poor Baby - - can't handle that snow. Well, I don't blame you, buddy. But, now I have to worry about hurricanes. Flying snow is a lot better than flying roofs and trees. Man, that sucker is a big one. Hopefully it stays over east and leaves us alone over here.

Put fresh ph00 on and Marian sent some kind of pastry along. Don't know what to call it but it is a winner. Hmmm, wonder what she put in it?????

Off to a meeting with close property owners and police about vagrants taking over the commercial buildings at night. They love my big overhang on the front when it is raining out. Trouble is, they don't clean up and end up breaking large store front windows in their drunken stupors. Expensive. Then they go behind the building (thank goodness) and use the parking area for their outhouse. GGGRRRRR Gotta get them out of downtown and into outskirt areas set up for them.

L8R
Old 10-05-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Don't know what was worse, the prep or the starving to death the following 24 hours. They knocked me out for the bore scope. When I woke up, the nurse said "your weird". Never did find out what that was about.
Cold and clear. Frost and Northern lights.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
One of my coworkers is headed to Fla for vacation today. I asked him if he had ever been in a hurricane. Nope.

Weather guys at lunch on the TV were talking about a chance for the storm to head east for bit and then loop right back to Fla. That kind of reminded me of years ago when Hurricane Elana ran me out 4 different times. Don't miss the storms!
Old 10-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Don't know what was worse, the prep or the starving to death the following 24 hours. They knocked me out for the bore scope. When I woke up, the nurse said "your weird". Never did find out what that was about.
Somethings on the way out people start talking. You probably just said something you would normally say.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
After open heart surgery the nurse was taking me off the ventilator telling me to Blow about 3 or 4 times in order to remove the tube. After having your chest cracked blowing hard is not on the top of your list of things to do but I was doing my best......

She finally gets the tube out and asks "whats your name?" I answered "Joe Blow!" she turned to my wife and said "oh yeah HE'S back...." hahahahaha
Old 10-05-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
She finally gets the tube out and asks "whats your name?" I answered "Joe Blow!" she turned to my wife and said "oh yeah HE'S back...." hahahahaha
Sounds like when I had a heart attack, flat lined in the rescue squad and finally woke up in the emergency room. A whole room full of gorgeous nurses standing there staring at me as I opened my eyes and looked around. I looked down and became aware I was laying there stark naked. I asked the doc "doesn't someone have a flower you can cover me up with down there?"

After the laugh, the doc said "well, he's back." I had no idea I had flat lined so it did not register with me.

My fun on the colonoscopy was not going to sleep when they wanted me to. Had them all laughing.

Time to close this thing up. Nitey night.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:59 AM

Morning all. Up and checking weather forecast - - looks like the storm is moving a few miles eastward - - not quite so dire looking. Looks like my son in Jacksonville will have ONLY 80 - 90 mph winds and 10' tides. His office building is right on the river with the lobby about 10' above the river. That could be interesting. Hmmm, he parks his car under the building - - - hmmm?????

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on with yummy pastries from the dumpster behind Krispy Kreme. Look good. .............................................
Old 10-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Lovely weather here.
Icy, snow, rain and wind.
Time to move to BobbyDependable's place again Legger Lary.
I'll bring the (censored) and the powder.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:18 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Wishing and hoping safety to all you Floridians who are in the sites of that storm. My buddy lives in Jupiter and hes confident all will be fine except for power outages and a few downed trees. I hope hes right, as I hate funerals immensely, as my suit barely fits anymore.

Stay safe folks. Not looking good from gloom and doom TWC.

Fingers crossed
The following users liked this post:
pind (10-06-2016)

Quick Reply: October break room 10/2/16 to 10/8/16