Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Nov 15-22nd DTR watercooler

Old 11-21-2015, 10:18 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok ,f inally here! found my missing saw, neatly stored in a drawer with other batt op tools I was missing. not used to using that drawer. what a maroon! of course this was hours after I got one off ebay...grrrrrrrr

bear (cherrywood smoked) bacon burger; bear mild Italian sausage (just think pepper) and backstraps, steaks, loins, and stew meat allllllll done. yes, I tried it plain, got to cook it well done but let it rest- so tender. rich taste like elk/moose. tried the sausage, mmm mmm good but not greasy at all.

hunters in last night, actually cold for hunting-good.

ed, so sorry to hear that. unplanned damage, ugh. glad you are safe though, coulda been.......

buried in paperwork, have to climb out sooon
Old 11-21-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wind is howling, temps should drop soon. First flakes of the year maybe.

Jacked up the car. No damage I can see but a quick test drive indicates the alignment is "maybe" off. Skinned up lug nuts, and 3 superficial clear coat scratches.

Can't believe how my car came out after seeing his bumper cover. It was bent and ruined.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
How Y'all liken my Alaska weather? You're missing the best part though, the -20° temps we had mid week. 30° and snowing hard this morning. The wind chill has brought it back below zero. Was out shoveling snow away from the truck so I could open the door. Land lord's son showed up with a bucket loader. Had to warn him that snow mound is the wifes car.
I hate pilot toys. Usually takes me a week to strip down an engine, pull it, hang the replacement, reinstall all the accessories, and run it. Took me a week just to remove all the junk before I could pull the engine. It will take me another week to put it all back on. Then I have to do it all over again to the other engine. In the mean time I still have the move going on.
Heidi, my wife's parents where German. Too bad she didn't inherit the German smart gene. All she inherited was the dumb blond gene.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
RIP Cougar! She's going to choose THAT one post to see what you are saying.....
He was a good ladd,.......

Brings to mind the winter we moved to MT from GA. I couldn't find the dog. Heard him bark and I looked up. He was on the roof after climbing the snowdrift.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Heidi, my wife's parents where German. Too bad she didn't inherit the German smart gene. All she inherited was the dumb blond gene.
If I called my wife a dumb blond she would be planning the wake 5 minutes later
Old 11-21-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all cool and windy here spent part of the putting up Christmas lights and putting the last coat of polyurethane on the wood work I've been working on. Myself and the wife went to a cage fight last night wrestlers and boxers found out that people who studied mma stuff will clean there clocks quick.

Latter
Old 11-21-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Brings to mind the winter we moved to MT from GA. I couldn't find the dog. Heard him bark and I looked up. He was on the roof after climbing the snowdrift.
When Dw and I first moved out to the country and were building the house, her cocker mix mut disappeared one day. Then we heard pitter-patter above our heads as we were standing on the stoop. Looked up and Kelly was looking over the edge of the roof at us. She had run up the ladder like it was a stairway. Durn near broke her neck trying to run down it the same way. Never went up on the roof again.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cancelled farmers only subscription. Have 3 conversations going on right now. Good thing when an email comes in I can see the ones already sent.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:50 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ginger ale almost on the screen , too funny Coug,

hunter saw a white deer, did not shoot . small brown spot on hip.

some snow flakes, hid in house today.