Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Nov 15-22nd DTR watercooler

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nov 15-22nd DTR watercooler

ok, it is finally open, all flood in with your comments, tales or grudges of the week.

coffee is always on, phoo is optional and tea for the genteel...

keep the ten below coug, I will stay warm here at 60. yes 60 degrees in the mountains of new York in November........

drove with the window down, handled tools without frostbite, played ball with a dog, shot targets with a first time girl shooter after her prom. now that is a country girl! even had a farmer and the lineman friend farm hand shooting..heheh sunny day, burgers on the grill mmm
Old 11-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mom, it was 54 here yesterday.
No snow, people still out on their bikes.
Hanyday.
Lots of brekky delights and phoo/coffee/juice.
Don't want the Stanican coming in griping nobody made anything.
He's probably stiff and sore from all the work he does down there.

Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, two posts today and no breakroom yesterday. Something going on??? Or is everyone as snowed as I am?

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here. Very lovely down here, slight wind but a bit humid. Flowers are sure purdy.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
-14° and still dropping. Global warming my aunt Suzie's rear end. Never got above zero yesterday. Won't today or tomorrow either. This high humidity doesn't help. Just glad the wind isn't blowing.
Just heard the division manager from back east will be on site this week.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:49 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
In a rush. Where is the coffee? Where is the coffee? Nobody make any coffee? Oh, there it is. Sniff, sniff, is that really coffee? Hmmmmm, dare I even taste it? Throws it out and makes fresh.

Cougar, are you having fun yet?

Is it my imagination, or is this site dying?

No Scotty, hard work does not make me stiff and sore.

Was a little bit cool this morning, but there was no wind. Now up to 25C and a lovely day.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tried to post two other times. Lost the net each time. Had a great weekend, nothing major. A little wrenching, a little furniture moving, and a lot u "us" time.

Today, I managed to survive a 90 plus 2nd grader tour of the KY ANG Base. Boss "voluntold" me to make it happen. Turned out to be a very busy but fun day. Sure was tempted to borrow one of the sack lunches from the kids! Made it home on time to a big plate of leftover venison, so today was a win!

Raining and getting colder. Yuck.....
Old 11-16-2015, 04:35 PM
DTR Mom

another sunny day in paradise....whoops, that is Stan's line. anyways, nice until the sun goes down.

apple cider is the drink of the week. sun sun sun till sat, then snow. go figure....

told farmer I will not put steel on roof. guess where I was today.....
getting up early tomorrow to cut up logs for myself. they will not cut themselves. fortunately they are small by what I used to cut. I am looking forward to eating lunch outside and enjoying the labor.

came home to 5 deer hanging out next to the house. hunters may sit in the recliners now...

yes Stan we are lacking comraderie on this site, but economy dictates we have to do more work, more life choices than online. visits are always welcome, lol
Old 11-16-2015, 05:17 PM

JWBM- Now you got me thinking about hot apple cider. Cooked on the woodstove... Maybe a taste to something stronger for the adults... SIGH, it's a long time till the weekend.....

To go with the "new" cider plans for the weekend, planning on taking down a standing dead red oak. Lightning got it. Might be able to save a log or two, but if not, plenty of firewood!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Whew, can finally sit down and relax! Time for my last coffee of the day.

JWBM, it sounds like you STILL do not know how to say NO! Perhaps you need a lesson in saying NO from Bob.

Talking about BusyBob, reminds me of something I read. Here it is FWIW:

Ever wondered why baby diapers have brand names like “Luvs” and “Huggies,” while undergarments for the elderly are called “Depends.”

There’s a simple explanation.

When babies go to the bathroom in their diapers, family members still want to “luv ‘em” and “hug ‘em.”

When the elderly go to the bathroom in their diapers, it “depends” on who’s in the will!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
JWBM, it sounds like you STILL do not know how to say NO! Perhaps you need a lesson in saying NO from Bob.

Talking about Bob, reminds me of something I read. Here it is FWIW:
HEY - - HEY - - WHAT IS THIS STUFF ABOUT "REMINDS ME ABOUT BOB?" Since when and why and what? ................

I forgot to say no this morning - - have to go clean the carpet in my SS class this week. Bummer. Oh well, good commercial cleaning machine and I have the chems to do it right.

Got lots done today and still had some time to relax and chill with the wife. Trying to get my computer cleaned up and transferred to second drive and be ready for the new one when it gets here. Can't wait. Hope I like Windows 10 - - - seems to be getting pretty good reviews. New one has the latest i7 processor at 6700, 24 gigs of ram, 2 terrabite hard drive, supercharger and chip - -oh wait, that is for the car. Bummer. The blonde gets my old one (which is no slouch) and the new LED 25" monitor. She will love it.
........................................gone
Old 11-16-2015, 06:30 PM

Bob, still getting used to Windows 10, but so far it is not too bad. Close enough to Windows 7 that I am not too confused. Discovered one big problem with it tho; it cannot stream live videos without chopping it up, shuttering as some call it. On checking into this problem on the internet I see that many folks are experiencing the same problem and that MS does not have a fix yet. Local videos or YouTube are no problem.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:29 AM

Stan, good info. I had fears that this would be like those dumb "apps" in my new cell phone. Still wish I had stuck with a flip phone - - I don't tweet, text or toot - - what is with all these dump looking things on my phone - - I can't even answer the stupid thing. ..............

Nuther gorgeous day has dawned and I am off across the street again - - finish my project for them on shelving and then install a sound bar. Now he is getting deaf on top of being blind - neat couple. Tough to see them both struggling with hearing, him blind and now hard of hearing but still kicking down the highway. She is a fighter - - he just sits. She is now the caregiver.

Phoo and coffee are down and I am off and running...................
Old 11-17-2015, 04:19 PM

A day filled with the joys of Management. Tomorrow, I think I'll play like a line Officer. That way, when I make a decision, it'll feel like a win. New software being dumped on us. I knew it was coming so I did a backup onto my "P" drive. Now, even the IT help desk doesn't know why I can't reconnect to the virtual. Calling it a day!! Bye!!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worked Sunday. Wanted to get a couple trucks out of the field but the boss said no, they're good there. Rained Sunday night. Got one out Monday, but not the other one. Got rained/hailed out about 6,came down so hard we abandoned trying to get the pick-ups home. Don't know how long the other truck will sit in the field now. Over 3 inches of rain in 24 hours and a couple inches of snow. And the track into the field was already about as soft as you could still get a truck across.
Have a few days off here due to rain/snow.

The Family Guy Star Wars movies are funny.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:04 AM
DTR Mom

morning dtr finest!

why make plans anymore? flying by seat o pants lately. cell phones are a boon to getting work done.

was supposed to help with big project roof, extra people around taking half day of from their work due to the sunshine. driving past an accident, got an opportunity; harvested a young bear, they all wanted to help-first time for all of them. no roof work done. now so windy, a 32 ft ladder that was tied off, ended up across an access road. only one 16 footer of steel ended up moving location. dumped twenty pounds of 6x6 wood blocks.

sooooooooo, checked out bear meat prep and recipes. have skin at home and doing more work on it before taking it to processing.

black coffee for all, had actual cream today. amazed at how sweet it was...

Quick Reply: Nov 15-22nd DTR watercooler