Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR breakroom, Jan 14 - 20

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The DTR breakroom, Jan 14 - 20

Here yah go, a fresh, brand new breakroom for y'all to start the week with. Join in and make it fun.

Fresh coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Raw honey on the counter for those who like to sweeten their hot drinks with the good stuff instead of those deadly artificial sweeteners. A big bowl of assorted cut up fruit is in the fridge. Someone else can bring some hot goodies. Perhaps doughnuts should be temporarily banned from the breakroom to protect those with weak wills and expanding stomachs. Fresh homemade spiced bread next to the machete. Don't worry, the machete may look dirty, but that dirt is washed so is clean and disinfected. Be careful because it is razor sharp. Cut yourself off a thick slice and lather some New Zealand butter on it.

This morning at daybreak brought a temperature of close to freezing. Have not seen it this cold in years. In a couple of hours and after the sun warms the place up I know that we will have decent temperatures again, but not sure if it will be warm enough to wash my truck outside wearing shorts.

Off to make a quick run to Walmart before those crazy mobs hit.

Ciao.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Great coffee Stan! I love the machete touch for cutting the bread, no sissy utensils in this room

Yall stay safe out there!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Here yah go, a fresh, brand new breakroom for y'all to start the week with. Join in and make it fun.

Fresh coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Raw honey on the counter for those who like to sweeten their hot drinks with the good stuff instead of those deadly artificial sweeteners.

Ciao.
Thanks for the goo!

Raw Bee goo goes well in my morning decaf green tea. Seems to make things flow downstairs, for an early plumbing inspection.

Hovering around 18*F today, up to 27 by the afternoon. Anticipation of a skiff over the next couple days, which will make it look all wonderlandy again.
Attached Thumbnails The DTR breakroom, Jan 14 - 20-honey.jpg  
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
40° and rain. We dodged the freezing rain here so far. Anchorage got it. Out at the cabin its stayed below freezing so any precipitation should have came down as snow. I haven't made it out there yet. Too many other things taking up my time.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - - or, should say afternoon. Just got in from church and out for some food. Picked up the wife for a couple hours at home before taking her back to her sis. We were down to 40 here last night, Stan. Up to low 60's now. Going to be that this whole week. Hmmm, let's see - - oh yeh, it January, even in Florida, and those nasty storm put together by all them northerners do make it down this way sometimes - - - and this is it. YUK - - or should I say BBRRRR. Even wore my Alaska jacket this afternoon all ready.

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here - - spend time with the blonde. ................
Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Veritable heat wave here. It was only -10° this morning, and it's all the way up to +12°. Think I'll go out in the back yard and work on my tan.
Oh wait, it's snowing like crazy.
Oh well, wacked off a slice of spice bread with the machete, Put some of that there raw honey on it, as well as in my coffee. thanks Stan.
Think I'll bail on the tanning project and take a nap instead.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:36 PM

Wow, this place is jammed - - could hardly make it in........

Heading for bed - - been going solid since 4 this morning. Tired. Nighty nite.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, this place is jammed - - could hardly make it in........

Exactly! Don't understand why when this site has over 100,000 members and frequently more than 30 viewing the breakroom, why so few join in lately. The breakroom a few years ago (when DTR had a lot fewer members) was quite lively and fun.

It's c-c-c-c-c cold here in Paradise. Right at the freezing mark this morning and some of our friends yesterday even reported a bit of frost. Not nice! At least once the sun comes up the temperatures rise quickly to a more comfortable level.

Does anybody have any idea how to clean the black off the end of the truck exhaust pipe without removing the factory silver finish? Have tried many different products and they all clean the majority of the black, but that last stubborn bit refuses to come clean. I am afraid that if I use something abrasive that it will also remove the silver finish.

Not enough visitors here to justify making coffee or ph00. There is instant coffee next to the kettle for the few that do wonder in. Can't find any instant ph00, so ph00ey on that!

Waiting for the sun to warm the place up a bit, then heading outside to see if I can clean the film off the inside of the truck windscreen. That stuff forms often and is hard to remove. It got worse after I installed a new dash cover.

Ciao
Old 01-16-2018, 09:05 PM

With ya Stan - - - sorta weird. Miss our fun times. Warmer day here today but tomorrow night is not going to be nice. Potted plants will end up back in the house - - - potted plants will end up back in the house. gggrrrr.

Been running again since 5 this morning. Just slowed down enough to catch up of stuff on the peuter. Company came in today - - just put them to bed so thought I would see who was around. Guess I will go hit the bed and watch the news and see what happened in the world. Have a good sleepybye.

Bob
Old 01-17-2018, 06:18 AM

Sun is coming up soon - - rise and shine. Fresh coffee and ph00 for y00 on the counter. Brought a pan of baked French toast with Maple syrup. No, don't eat the whole pan - - use a spat to cut off a piece of it. Try it if you have never had it - - it has a yummy surprise in there for ya. Enjoy.

Company - - better go see if they are up and serve them some baked French toast also. Have a gudurn.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast Bob!-- Finally getting caught up around here after being gone for 3 weeks and then a week of trying to thaw out well so I could get some water

Oh well hard times make you appreciate the good one

Off to the hospital to see my Mom in law, she is having tough times of her own 87 years young and they have to do a heart valve replacement...I hate it for the old gal she is the best mother in law a guy could ever have.

Say a prayer if you would, she could sure use them right now.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:00 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Evenin' All!

Originally Posted by cougar
40° and rain. We dodged the freezing rain here so far. Anchorage got it.
We got one of those lovely January rainstorms up here. Followed by a pile of snow.... Probably 6 inches after the rain and another 6-8 today. No Gym required up here to burn off the donuts.

The breakroom a few years ago (when DTR had a lot fewer members) was quite lively and fun.
The floor buffer is in the corner.... plug it in and go for a spin. Bet you cant make it 4 seconds........

Does anybody have any idea how to clean the black off the end of the truck exhaust pipe without removing the factory silver finish? ....... I am afraid that if I use something abrasive that it will also remove the silver finish.
0000 Super-fine steel wool and a quality glass cleaner has always worked for me. Use LOTS of glass cleaner. It polishes and lubricates the steel wool. Try it on the underside where you won't see it first to make sure it work like you want it to.

My wife and kids are healing slowly but surely from their ordeal. Mama got the stitches out of her arm from the surgery and that always make one feel a bit better even if she is still a bit timid about getting back in the car for now. The kid gets to loose the splint in a few more days hopefully. Kinda a bummer for her not to be able to use the hand on one of the few days where the falling snow had enough water content to actually make a snow ball.

There might be a small group coming in here but I'll brew a pot of anyways. Maybe it'll work like bear baiting.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:22 AM

I smell coffee. Need coffee a coffee fix. Ahhhhh, that's better! Thanks Marc. Good morning. Anybody up yet besides Marc and I? Note that I said up and not awake. C'mon in and have a cup of coffee and wake up.

Still pretty cold here overnight and early morning, but a few hours after the sun comes up, it warms up nicely. Yesterday was outside, greased the Carli ball joints and removed the rear wheels on my truck to check the brake pads and quickly worked up a sweat in the sun. Was pleasantly surprised to find that there is about 25% of pad left. Not bad because these are the original pads with 165,165 miles on them. I use the gears and exhaust brake a lot and it shows.

Marc, thanks for the tip re cleaning the exhaust. Will try that later today.

Good to hear that your family are all healing. Those kind of injuries take time and hopefully everybody will soon be back to normal and these injuries and trauma all just be a fading memory. May your wife soon be able to pelt you in the face with a huge, wet snowball and have cold snow running down inside your shirt.

L8tr.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High

buy
Old 01-19-2018, 07:28 AM

Scotty, nice of you to drop in, but sheesh, do you have to be sooooooo talkative? It takes forever to read what you posted and no, I am not a slow reader.

Quick Reply: The DTR breakroom, Jan 14 - 20