Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The new weak breakroom, Oct 14 - Oct 20

Old 10-14-2018, 06:49 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
The new weak breakroom, Oct 14 - Oct 20

Good morning from Paradise. Here is the breakroom for this week. The title is a play on words of last weeks title.

The coffee pot is once again disgustingly filthy. Cleaned most of the gunk out with muriatic acid, then finished up with hydrogen peroxide. Still does not look that good, but suspect that most of the germs are now gone. Found some old Tim Horton's coffee, so that is today's brew. Fresh ph00 t00. Given the lousy attendance lately in the weak breakroom did not waste my time in preparing any goodies. Maybe some kind soul will bring some in l8tr

.Hope y'all (yawl) have a great day. Go to church and give thanks for everything, yes, even your problems. Doesn't the Bible say to give thanks for EVERYTHING? Not easy to do.

This being a Sunday, here is a thought for some of you for this day;

If you want to make a difference in your day, begin each morning with prayer. As soon as you start to pray, God releases His angels to meet your every need. Then get ready! Great and mighty things are about to happen!

Prayer is the weapon that God has given His children to wage war in the heavenlies. Put on the full armor of God and make it a great day. Satan is a defeated foe who has no power over you as a child of God. He cannot stop you when God is on your side. Run to the One who calmed the raging seas with three simple words: "Peace, be still."

If you feel like you've hit more bumps than usual on the road of life, look to the face of God! He has promised to lead you down a path that will grant you the greatest possible success. If you need Him to make your crooked places straight, call on His name, then leave the driving to Him.

L8tr gater. Ciao.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Smelled the Timmy's brewing from down the hall so I followed my nose to the break room ...

Thank you Stan for the Canadian coffee! I think I left it in here last year!! And thanks for the preaching... the sermon is very true

I've got no goodies to drop off... the wife has all of us on a cutback.

Finished the message for this mornings service at church and getting ready to wake the family up and start the day

SD
Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Mornin folks. Rained yesterday, froze last night. Time to find the ice scrapers and inspect the studs on the snow tires.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Morning, folks. For a minute, I thought Stan had his login hijacked, but then I realized Bob is in class teaching, . nice thoughts for the day, Stan.

Not sure why I find this interesting, but for some reason iit always seems that milestones mean something, when they , in reality, mean nothing.

Oh well..

Finished a job, this am, and off to the shower. Maybe take a nap. Weather blows lately, and I feel more tired than usual.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon gang. Just got in from church and a nice steak at Outback with friends. Sunday School went well and the class seemed to enjoy and participate in the session. Very interesting topic today.
Stan, thought I fell asleep and woke back up in church. Good sermon and all so true. So easy to jump out of bed in the morning and hit the floor running with no consideration who gave us the ability to
hit that floor like that. Going to miss church tonight - - going to hear the Celtic musical group at our City Center. They are great musicians.

Timmy coffee - - - I will hide the notice from the blonde - - I cannot pass by a TH when in Canada without her insisting on stopping. You know how hard it is to find a place to park 53' of rig with no warning or planning of doing so? She loves TH - - she would eat all 8 meals a day there if she could - - - (I think ? ? ? ? )

Pouring my ph00 and hitting the couch for a quick nap. ………………...
Old 10-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Good Afternoon. Anybody up? Busy like me? I am going to retire next year - - - want to join? Tired of this stuff - - just now settled down long enough to open the computer and find out what is happening in the world. A little late so put on a 1/2 pot each of coffee and ph00. No time to pick up any treats, so coffee/ph00 will have to d00. Now I am off and running fixing a couple things around the house and again across the street to help my blind neighbor. Please God, not blind!!!!!! Horrible to sit all day and just listen but not see.

Gone...………………….
Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 PM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
What is ph00? Poop?
Old 10-15-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by bannerd
What is ph00? Poop?
WHAT???????? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best coffee - - flavored. You never know which one it might be each day. UMMMM YUMMY. …...
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bannerd
What is ph00? Poop?
yup
Old 10-16-2018, 05:39 AM

Weird how someone would name a coffee beverage after a walking, talking stuffed bear, eh ?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:52 AM

So, here's a "How Dumb am I" story.

Customer pays me in cash. I hate cash, as it's always a pain, and this isn't an exception.

So, Sunday night, I head over to the ATM to make deposits from a few jobs I have done, and figure "oh, the machine can accept cash, why not ?"

Famous last words.

So the machine says "up to 75 bills", and I have 50 $20 bills, counted a couple times, and stick it in the machine. 5 minutes later, the screen pops up and says " $900. deposit, accept or cancel".

I'm like..... uh ? WHAT THE *#&& ??? I counted $1000. So, I hit "CANCEL". With that the little door opens up, I see a $20 sticking out, I hear a bunch of noises, and the door slams shut. The freaking machine ate my $1000, Spits out a receipt saying "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the transaction was NOT recorded, and we cannot return your items".

I'm smoking mad at myself at this point. Had to wait till yesterday morning to get it notified to the bank. The local bank says "we don't have access to ATM machines, as it's contracted out to a service". They send me to a phone number call center. I call them, they act all apologetic, and say "they're going to temporarily credit me my $1000, but an investigation must take place, and in two weeks a determination will be made."

So, the guy who unloads the machine can't make my deposit fall into his pocket as they say he's on camera the whole time, and wouldn't want to lose his job. I guess so....

Lesson learned... don't accept everything you read as being true. It wasn't able to accept my 50 $20 bills, and I'll wait till the bank opens and bring it in to the grumpy people who work there, the next time.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Weird how someone would name a coffee beverage after a walking, talking stuffed bear, eh ?
Don't look at me - - - I didn't do it!!!!!!!!! ………..But, I did take time to put on fresh coffee and Almond ph00 for this morning. I also brought in a pan of fresh baked cimmammmmum rolls. Get while they are fresh and before the dragon jumps up here and nails them.

Off for a busy day - - AGAIN. Might see ya later and pick up our baking pan.

Bobby

Old 10-17-2018, 01:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

yup

Troublemaker!

Good afternoon from a fairly cloudy Paradise. Nice weather to be working outside. We got dumped on a couple of nights ago. Not sure if that was the last of the heavy rain before the end of the rainy season, but it could be.

Almond ph00 and fresh baked cimmammmmum rolls. Hmmmm, tempting. Should I? OK, just a small piece please.

Got a nice shiny brand new rear bumper on my truck. Noticed no Dodge or Chrysler stickers on it, but it did say made in Taiwan. It looks exactly like the one that came off, so presume it will be OK. Will find out next time someone hits me from the rear again. All this one cost me was the fuel and time to go to the body shop to get it installed.

Looks like nobody caught my play on words re the title for this weeks weak breakroom.

Almost lunch time. We eat lunch at 14:30 - 15:00. I like this schedule.

Ciao.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:10 PM

Wow, another day gone bye bye. Late getting time to swing by and say hi. Warm here today - - up to 92 and felt like100. Hey, this is middle of October. STOP IT.
Just wanted to say hi and bye - - have a great night sleep.

Bob
Old 10-18-2018, 07:33 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I threw on some "weak sauce" coffee to amuse Stan and some Phoo for Bobby.
I am having a black tea with a shot of maple syrup myself.
First real snow on the ground here this morning. Not much, less than an inch, but enough to make things white. The dogs seemed a little shocked when I open the front door this morning.

Lots of things outside to straighten out before a real snow storm hits.
I will pressure wash the dually down this afternoon and let it dry in the shop tonight. Tomorrow looks like it will just hit 50F* and be partly sunny so I plan to oil undercoat the '95 before driving it in the salty slush for another winter. It is a crappy job but really helps things from rusting up as fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The new weak breakroom, Oct 14 - Oct 20