Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The new weak breakroom, Oct 14 - Oct 20

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
This Weak is over halfway gone.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
This Weak is over halfway gone.
But, this weak sauce coffee cup is half full.....
Old 10-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow Oliver - - snow all ready. It is only middle of October. I do remember getting nailed by the biggest snow flakes I have ever seen in the Ice Fields
Parkway heading home from Alaska in late September. Then, same trip, couple days later, got another good snow just before crossing the border into
Washington.

Yesterday it was 1 degree from a high - - 92 degrees but felt like 100. Quite warm but beautiful on the beach. Fish were biting too. Felt very nice
outside this morning and going to be a bit cooler tomorrow.

Grabbing my ph00 and off and running. Have a gudurn…………………...
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Snow....yeah, I'm not ready. I got a few,weeks....I hope. Too many other things to accomplish, before.

I'd love,to try a good coffee, but I'm no longer allowed to drink caffeine , other than the little bit that's. In green tea.

Today I finished staining the 3rd side, one to go. Maybe... Next year...or not if the weather holds out. Still have to caulk the penetrations, but that has to wait till the stain cures.

Snow kidding. Ollie.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
G'day y'all. Coffee and some strange smelling ph00 is fresh and hot. No real food, but have left an assortment of different types and flavours of peanuts. One of them is quite spicy even although they look 'normal'. Taste at your own risk.

When I said this was a weak breakroom I meant it as sarcasm due to the few visitors here. Lots of lookers, but too few members participating.

Strange weather lately. The last few days have been a mixture of sun and cloud. A few evenings we have had lots of lightening and very loud thunder, making it look and sound like the sky is about to fall, but then no rain. An hour later sometimes even a few stars. The weather forecasts appear to be getting further and further off the mark. Anybody else notice this about forecasts?

I see that some of you have had snow already. That is one of the main reasons why I now live down here as I had more than my share of that horrible stuff and temperatures with a minus sign in front of it. Keep all that north of the border please. I enjoy this part of the world where almost every day I am in shorts and light shirts. My lawn is still very green and needs mowing again.

Been a very busy week, but today going to try to slow down a bit. Time for another coffee and start my morning routine.

Ciao.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:12 AM

First things first - - ph00...…………….……………...OK, now I will talk.

Morning all. NJ - - that house is looking great. Good color. Reminds me of our last house - - the two 2 story ends were Redwood with stone on the main floor. Cool. Good job
Hang in there.

Another busy day, so going to get at it. Oh, left some sprinkles perchance Lary sticks his nose in to see who/what/when is here.

L8R
Old 10-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sprinkles!
oink
Bye
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Lining up to be another one of those rain/freeze winters, yuck.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 AM

Last day of another week. Wow, that toilet paper roll is disappearing fast. :<( Our temps are supposed to come down this week with a couple nights in the high 60's. WOW - - That will be nice. Highs in the high 70's and low 80's. Yeh, I can take that.

Brought a pan of the wife's baked banana French toast with maple syrup. Coffee and ph00 are on. Come and sit a spell, eat, pet the dragon. Enjoy.

Bought a new office chair yesterday - - going out to assemble it. My old one was just not supporting my back. Good sale at Staples. Hope it helps.

…………………..……………….
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Nice snack Bob. Thanks!

55F here today, but they are calling for a cold week after today.
Time to wrap up what I can outside today.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:53 AM

Looks like we are finally saying good night to the fifties. But we are still way above our local normal of upper thirties this time of year. Didn't rain as much as predicted yesterday which was good. I was able to finish my lower book shelf. The winds however became an annoyance. My saws are set up in a connex. The wind kept blowing the door shut. Okay, not stylish or fancy, but it fits the rustic decor of the log cabin.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:33 AM

Hello, hello, hello? Is there anybody in hear? Just shout if you can hear me! Is there anyone at home?
This doeasn't happen every day. Did I miss something?