Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Nascar races finishing on Caution! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/nascar-races-finishing-caution-46050/)

ramman21921 06-14-2004 08:26 PM

Nascar races finishing on Caution!

How annoying is this.[yuk] So far this year 3 big events have finished on a caution. I went to Talladega this year spent a total of $1200 for the trip to sit in the stands and watch a race that could of been red flagged and ended in a shootout! Yesterday was a carbon copy of at Pocono I think Mike Helton needs to get his act together and think about the people spending good money that support this sport and give them a run for their money!

Lakemann 06-14-2004 08:32 PM

tell me about it! I sat through that 6 hour fiasco at Dover two weeks ago.

Jaa 06-14-2004 08:46 PM

Dodge is jinked. Mayfield looked like he had something for Jimmy, but Dodge has to finish 2nd this year. Just ask Kasey.:D

Dave65 06-15-2004 01:09 AM

I am beginning to thing it is rigged,never seemed to have these problems til Brian France took over,and I am not to fond of Helton either.

BigBlue 06-15-2004 01:29 AM

Yall see Kenseth and Wallace (I think that's his name) going at it during the caution? Talk about some crazy stuff.

jughead 06-15-2004 06:54 AM

would have liked to have seen if that dodge could have passed that chevy

Redleg 06-15-2004 07:27 AM

Nope, not very sproting that way. You'd probably be fighting network television to get it changed though.

Cumminsdude 06-15-2004 08:54 PM

Yeah, a guy that I work with went to the race and said someone threw a cooler full of beer from the stands and it hit the flag guy and knocked him out cold. The flagman slumped over the rail. Good thing he didnt fall over it. People in the stands caught the guy and held him for the cops though.

All because it finished under caution:rolleyes:

jigdog 06-15-2004 09:06 PM

i think you can thank the #29 and #17 for that. and nascar boooo[redface]

gitchesum 06-15-2004 10:07 PM

I've always wished they would run it like the local track here. Only green flag laps count when there are less than 25 laps to go. They can run 40 caution laps, but none of them count.

No more races under caution.

Cowhand 06-16-2004 01:04 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
Yall see Kenseth and Wallace (I think that's his name) going at it during the caution? Talk about some crazy stuff.
That was Harvick (29). Looks like both of 'em got fined $25K for that little deal.

And NASCAR said they were working on the caution thing. I think they're driving backwards.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even watch the super speedway races anymore. Went to the Auto Club 500 this year and it was boring as heck.

NASCAR needs to stop pulling races from the old tracks and giving them to places like Texas and Kansas. Nice tracks, and I'm sure the fans like having a local race, but the racing is boring. If anything, we need another Bristol, Martinsville or Richmond race.

wannadiesel 06-18-2004 10:07 PM

Originally posted by Cowhand
NASCAR needs to stop pulling races from the old tracks and giving them to places like Texas and Kansas. Nice tracks, and I'm sure the fans like having a local race, but the racing is boring. If anything, we need another Bristol, Martinsville or Richmond race.
Hear, Hear! And while we're at it, I'd like to see 'em do a couple of races a year on dirt. That would add a little variety!

Begle1 06-18-2004 11:04 PM

I think they should just race with Diesel duallies. :rolleyes:

wannadiesel 06-18-2004 11:16 PM

That would be a truck series I would watch! Make 'em run stock size engines with a single turbo, no drugs or alky. Limit the influence of cubic dollars by making them pass an exhaust opacity test (necessary for safety anyhow). And make them run a stock frame and suspension, too, with a factory body. I'd pay to see it!

natstayl 06-19-2004 07:01 AM

North Wilkesboro was a 5/8 mile track. They lost their two events because "they couldn't seat 60000 fans" was one Nascar response. Turned out the track was owned by two guys who own other tracks, one claims the other wanted the event date for a track he constructed in another state. Nat