Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My UPS guy is a crap head...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
On the plus side, my UPS guy is great. Super frendly, and that boy runs everywhere. Glad I live in a quiet area of town.
My UPS guy is also great. He has been delivering here for at least 12 years. If I am not at home he knows to put the package in our plow truck and hangs a plastic bag on the door ****. However, I know other people who are not nearly as lucky.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last summer I had bought an AR-57 upper, it was delivered via UPS and didn't even get a knock on the door. They just dumped it on the doorstep and left. They do this with computer parts I order from NewEgg as well.

I called the regional hub and gave the manager an earful. Both FedEx and UPS are guilty of ZERO customer service.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM

ordered a few led bulbs for my truck(what a waste of money!!!)

so package comes. pay COD cash. few months later i recieve a phone call from ups stating that i owe money for cod.. im like well i paid cash so how can that be? apparently the driver didn't recieve payment and i owe them blah blah blah.

so i say if thats the case than why did he release my package if its COD? well sir here it says you paid with credit card and the expire date is missing? so im like read the credit card number to me. not my number. they say they'll look into it.

a month later i recieve another phone call saying everything was settled out and its all good.

3 months later i get a phone call from a collection agency for 20 dollars......now honestly its 20 bucks? call me directly from ups if you really want the money that bad not a **** collection agency.

so they call back with the same stuff. i just say not my problem you deal with it the end! hung up. its been a year now haven't heard back.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dj_souvlaki
a month later i recieve another phone call saying everything was settled out and its all good.

3 months later i get a phone call from a collection agency for 20 dollars......now honestly its 20 bucks? call me directly from ups if you really want the money that bad not a **** collection agency.

so they call back with the same stuff. i just say not my problem you deal with it the end! hung up. its been a year now haven't heard back.
If its like my deal you will hear abought it yet again. I had a simaler situation with a old Internet provider. When we first got internet I had it set up threw a phone provider and they used earthlink orsomething simaler. We never realy used the internet a lot and our computer crapped out so we called the phone company where our bill was being mailed to and canceled the internet. The next month the internet was not on our bill so we asumed all was well. Abought 6 months latter we get a letter from earthlink saying we owed the last 6 months worth of service. It dident amount to much money but I had cancelled the service and was not going to pay for something I dident recieve. They said very well and that was the end of it or so I thought. Abought 6 months or a year latter I start getting calls from a collection agency. I told them where to stick it a few times and then I get a message from someone claiming to be at a law firm and to call a number. The number turned out to be the collection aggency. I had a heck of a time dealing with them and getting them to understande I had cancelled the service. I finaly had to start horassing earthlink till I got them to explain why they thought I owed for services not rendered. It took several calls to them to finaly pry the info out of them. They wanted the passwords to the account and email account that I dident have(by now its 18 months after I cannceled there service). THey couldent understand why I couldent remember or dident have them written down in a safe somwhere. After going up the chain of comand in there office I finaly got some lady to tell me that there was apearently 2 account numbers set up when the phone company set us up with the internet. One in the phone companys name and one in mine. When I cancelled the service th phone company only canceled th one in there name and left mine acctive. By now I had a new computer and had figured out that the service was indeed deactivated because I couldent get on the internet anymore. I made the lady say that she would personaly get the collection agency to stop calling and fix the entire mess. Then I made her give me the referance number for the recorded conversasion we had so that if it ever came up again I could prove I had resolved the isue. The entire prosess took months. Now its been several years and no isues.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

In my area, I love the UPS guy. If he has trouble making it down the roads, he'll leave it at the general store and give a call. Fed Ex always makes me drive to town and with my hours, it's hard to hit them when their open. And then the stuff ends up damaged.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
In my area, I love the UPS guy. If he has trouble making it down the roads, he'll leave it at the general store and give a call. Fed Ex always makes me drive to town and with my hours, it's hard to hit them when their open. And then the stuff ends up damaged.
I FedEx'd you something, (I forget what it was now), and the driver called ME to ask directions to your place! I guess we should be thankful he made the effort to get the package delivered, but still, it's the area he delivers in everyday. Even I found your place the first time without difficulty!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

The fed ex goy's been there, just doesn't like to leave the pavement.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM

they delivered to my small shop for 30 plus years. new guys were a problem until they got to know me. they had to dot the i"s and cross the t"s for a while. afterwards we had a great working relationship. i straightend a rear bumper for one to keep him out of trouble. the list is rather long but they took care of me too.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:05 AM

UPS driver won't even deliver out to my farm I will get a call from town from the town store,gas station or welding shop that there was a package delivered for me I have called in to UPS and complained, it did help because the last part I ordered was delivered to my neighbors house

Never have a problem with FedEx
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I just have everything delivered to work. fewer problems since our receiving department doesn't sign for anything with damaged boxes until someone checks it out.
Fedex and ups are both more concerned with b2b deliveries. delivering to residences is just an inconvienence for them.
Deliveries to my house varies from two steps out of the truck and a toss to actually sitting it on the porch and knocking.
USPS is just about as bad too. they can usually get the mail on the right block. altho, sometimes they mix up north and south.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:15 PM

I know a lady who worked at a UPS sorting facility near me and the stories I heard was down-right atrocious! They said they would have "fun" seeing how high (total of 6 stories) something would fall before it a) broke, b) busted the box, c) survived 2 falls.....
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator

We ship a LOT with FedEx. They're more reliable than the USPS and cheaper than UPS or USPS. But their deliveries here to the farm aren't without problems. They refuse to use the electronic gate and instead leave packages on the front step of the house instead of coming out back to the shop/office, (where most of the deliveries are needed).

The UPS driver, (Paul), on the other hand, goes out of his way to make deliveries to us. He leaves packages inside the shop on top of the washer if we're not here. If the door to the shop is locked, he'll leave them in the other barn where someone is sure to see them. He even leaves a treat for Jake every time he's here.

USPS however, well, let's just say we're lucky to even GET a package, or the mail for that matter, delivered anywhere on the property. Sometimes the neighbor gets our stuff, sometimes we get theirs. And sometimes we get stuff for people we've never heard of!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Originally Posted by dieselJon
I know a lady who worked at a UPS sorting facility near me and the stories I heard was down-right atrocious! They said they would have "fun" seeing how high (total of 6 stories) something would fall before it a) broke, b) busted the box, c) survived 2 falls.....
same with USPS [don't ask how i know]
Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 PM

I called and had a lengthy conversation with the UPS people. The manager I spoke with was an older fella, so he was very apologetic and helpful. Told me the problem would be handled and that I shouldnt have any problems in the future. He asked if I have any other problems with his drivers call him before signing for the package and gave me his office number.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:02 PM

Our UPS driver is great. Our USPS mail lady is great also and only lives about a mile from us. I don't see FedEx driver very often. But the gal that ships stuff for me once in a while from a FedEx office is really helpful. When DHL delivered their service was fantastic. I got a package that was shipped from Germany Friday Evening and it arrived at my house by 8AM Monday morning. I hated to see the union drive them out.

Quick Reply: My UPS guy is a crap head...