Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My daughter was just attacked by a dog

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My daughter was just attacked by a dog

Just got off the phone with my wife. My 5 yr old was over at the neighbors by her grand parents house and someone opened a gate and a dog bit my daughter. My daughter got bit on the nose and from what I am told its not a real bad bite. Animal control is on its way to address this with the police.

I will address this myself if the dog is not destroyed. On my way there right now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooo bummer.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Dang Scotty, I can still remember you making her birth announcement! I'm sorry. Expect probably a 10 day quarentine on the dog though to ensure there wasn't any virus passed along... then I'd like to turn my back while you do what yo gotta do buddy.... but what I suspect would be done may affect her and mommy more than you worry about, if you got yourself into trouble. I'm not judging though. Best wishes.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
That's a bummer. Be careful, big boy - - don't get yourself in trouble. Yeh, I remember her too - - only she was still in mommy's oven. LOL Let us know what the status is.

Bob
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dang it, man, I'm sorry, I truly am. Don't jeopardize yourself... wait until you can TCOB without trouble.

I'm here for you, brother.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 PM

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago while away working. Dog had to be pulled off my daughter's face by the neighbor and she had bites within a .25inch from an eye.
The doc said keep dog alive for something like 14 days to make sure it was not rabbit. The owner originally agreed to put dog down but after the 14days she thought that nobody would notice and kept dog hidden.
I knew this would prob happen and went to the owners house and obtained the dog with permission to destroy from the owner. After about a week the RCMP showed up to charge me with theft or public mischief but I was away working again. It was about 8 weeks before I returned and things had cooled down and everyone including the RCMP had time to realise that she was a mental case.
No charges laid, something about dog bites and insurance stopped it in it's tracks.
Be careful if you are taking care of business and sometimes a witness is a good thing.
If a dog was to..... say drown the RCMP could only take your taps out of your house.
Good luck and hopefully she will be fine.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Top's Younger Twin

My wife and daughter are home. I drove over there, sat outside the house and thought about what I was going to do and came back to the house. The dog is getting tested tomorrow and apparently is chained up and muzzled...which I also do not believe is correct to do. If the dog is as nuts as I am being told, it needs to go. And it will.
My daughter is doing ok, she has a puncture on her nose. Not big but its there.
Once she is gone to bed I will discuss the rest with my wife as she said she talked to the owners.
The indication I got is the owners are going to take the dog in themselves tomorrow and have it put down. I think there are rules here too that the dog has to be tested and held for 10 days at the expense of the owners and then put down.

Its a good thing that the thoughts I have and I am sure others have had about what they would do in a situation like this...did not happen...yet.

This is a time that I am really grateful that I no longer drink booze.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Stay strong, buddy, for you and your family. Again, I'm sorry you have to go though this, as well as your little girl. The good thing... kids are resilient.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Its tough. When it happend to us a long time ago in Anchorage, the neighbor hid the dog at a friends house for a few weeks and told animal control they had gotten rid of it. Than the clown had the gall to bring the dog back and try to keep it hidden. When confronted the idiot tried to act like it was a different dog. It took real restraint to deal with it in a "proper" manner.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the top 1/2 of my right thumb bitten off while taking a 150# Akita off my son whom was 3 at the time. I was doing some work on a friends truck when my wife started to scream, I grabbed a 2# mini sledge I was using and attacked the dog. The dog went crazy with rage, when I realized it was not going to let go I started choking it then it released my son and attacked me, wife grabbed our son while I was trying like hell to choke the dog to death when it wiggled out of my grasp them bit off my thumb. It happened so fast I did not feel a thing but heard the crunch of the bones. I grabbed the mini sledge again and commenced my assault on the dog until it limped out of the yard. All this went down in under 2 minutes. We go to the hospital, they put my thumb back together but my sons wounds were bad so they stabilized him until pediatric surgeons from Boston Children's hospital could be brought in the following morning. It was a very long night but all said and done they did such a great job repairing and sewing up my sons face and head that you would never see all the scars unless we pointed them out.

We get home from the hospital only to have the cops show up to take a report, then they inform me that they were being told by the state they had to make a complaint against me for assaulting and nearly killing the effin dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said you must be joking, they weren't. The cops were super guys and were sick over having to tell me that but their job is their job. In the end the owner of the dog was fined, found responsible and the dog was destroyed. All charges against me were dismissed. Things that make you go Hmmmm.

My son never had a fear of dogs, prior to or at any time after.

I feel for you Scotty, I honestly know what is in your head and heart right now. Please be patient and give the system a chance to work. If the owner of the dog has any morals at all they will do the right thing. If they don't then you will be tested.

I will keep your daughter in my prayers, and wish you and the wife the best possible outcome in this situation.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not much that I can say that already hasn't been said except that I'm thinking of you Scotty.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Top's Younger Twin

It was not a peaceful evening last night. I tossed and turned with the thoughts of what happened to my daughter. I will make the appropriate calls and efforts to see that this dog and the owners take responsibility and address this correctly.
I am calling my lawyer today. My wife is taking our daughter to the doctor to get a formal report and Animal Control is getting a report from us today.

Strange thing that my wife told me is that the daughter that owns the dog [in her 30's] tells my wife that she works with the Police. She is onot a LEO and started suggesting to my wife that this should be left alone. Something stinks here and I will find out why.

Thanks for all the concern. The last few days of been strange. Anything that can go wrong has. I'm still strong and I know the 'signs' of when Scotty is getting to his breaking point. As soon as I can, I am going to leave work and address the issues at hand.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty hope your little girl is fine. I just don't understand dogs that snap like that and go after kids.

There's a story mom has told me about my dad. When my sister and I were young young we were out playing in a friends yard, some friendly get together bbq. She said some angry little dog came after us and dad sprung into action, ended up punting the dog across the yard. She said it even surprised her cause dad is pretty aid back until you push him to the edge and he'll drop the hammer.

Anyway, keep on that situation. As for the daughter/dog owner, it's possible she's a drug search k9 unit. My cousin-in-law who's a civilian, works as a handler with PD units doing drug searches at schools and that sort of thing. I believe she was assigned a dog and was allowed to keep her drug dog at home with her family and regular dog, but she didn't treat the drug dog to the fun stuff (more strict since it was her work dog). I don't know if that is the case with that dog owner. But just relaying how a civilian can utilize a work K9 to assist PD.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 AM

Best wishes to your daughter, and be careful. My wife and daughter were out for a walk in the neighbor hood, when 2 dobies(?) jumped the fence, and circled them. Another neighbor saw what was going on, and got my wife and daughter in their van. When I got home I went to talk to the owner, but they never came out. The next day, the 4 of us ( wife, daughter, mr. Wesson, and I) went for a walk. Again the dogs jumped the fence, and started to run towards us. Mr. Wesson spoke to the ground twice, and the owner came out screaming at me, threatening to call the cops. I told her " Don't worry about it. I already called them." The cops told her that I had every right to discharge my firearm, and she was lucky that I chose not to shoot the dogs. I told her, if the dogs had so much as slobbered on my wife or daughter, she would have been mopping the dogs up. 2 days later, the 4' fence, was being replaced with a 6' fence.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
I had the top 1/2 of my right thumb bitten off while taking a 150# Akita off my son whom was 3 at the time. I was doing some work on a friends truck when my wife started to scream, I grabbed a 2# mini sledge I was using and attacked the dog. The dog went crazy with rage, when I realized it was not going to let go I started choking it then it released my son and attacked me, wife grabbed our son while I was trying like hell to choke the dog to death when it wiggled out of my grasp them bit off my thumb. It happened so fast I did not feel a thing but heard the crunch of the bones. I grabbed the mini sledge again and commenced my assault on the dog until it limped out of the yard. All this went down in under 2 minutes. We go to the hospital, they put my thumb back together but my sons wounds were bad so they stabilized him until pediatric surgeons from Boston Children's hospital could be brought in the following morning. It was a very long night but all said and done they did such a great job repairing and sewing up my sons face and head that you would never see all the scars unless we pointed them out.

We get home from the hospital only to have the cops show up to take a report, then they inform me that they were being told by the state they had to make a complaint against me for assaulting and nearly killing the effin dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said you must be joking, they weren't. The cops were super guys and were sick over having to tell me that but their job is their job. In the end the owner of the dog was fined, found responsible and the dog was destroyed. All charges against me were dismissed. Things that make you go Hmmmm.

My son never had a fear of dogs, prior to or at any time after.

I feel for you Scotty, I honestly know what is in your head and heart right now. Please be patient and give the system a chance to work. If the owner of the dog has any morals at all they will do the right thing. If they don't then you will be tested.

I will keep your daughter in my prayers, and wish you and the wife the best possible outcome in this situation.
Tim, sorry the dog got away before you were able to provide the officers with the brain for analysis...

Quick Reply: My daughter was just attacked by a dog