Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

My Brother

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Prayers do work don't they!!! Glad he is getting better.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More prayers inbound. Glad to see him getting better.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
I visited him today, and he is feeling much better. The tummy still hurts, but he ate for the first time today. It seems that the stomach and it's connection to the digestive tract work.
He is massively bored because he can't go to work.
He told me to greet all the DTRonians.

Markus
Old 04-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Markus your brother may consider himself so greeted.All the best.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:14 AM

Another update..

Everything was looking good, but then he did not get enough through the part where they had connected his stomach to the intestine. During sleep he puked and inhaled his own digestive juices, damaging his lung.
They had to put him into deep sleep again.
After a week they try to wake him up. It does look like there is no significant permanent damage to the lung, but he still needs oxygen.
I'm spending a lot of time in the hospital, and try to get some work done too, so I did not update for a long time.
Markus
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Sorry about the speed bumps there Markus. If they let you, while he's "under", some stretching and muscle massage may help things along. Or, at least give him the opportunity for a quicker recovery when he wakes back up. You'll have a sense of helping, because you actually are. They say you lose 3% of your body strength for every day you're in bed. Take care.
Don
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know who "They" are, but I was once in a hospital bed in traction for 1.5 monthes. Came out of it OK. Didn't lose all my body strength. God be with your brother, and prayers all around.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nkennedy
I don't know who "They" are, but I was once in a hospital bed in traction for 1.5 monthes. Came out of it OK. Didn't lose all my body strength. God be with your brother, and prayers all around.
That's because you're Superman apparently. Most people will experience some degree of atrophy after being in a non-ambulatory state for even a short duration of time.

Good luck with your brother Markus.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like a minor speed bump on a great recovery! More prayers and well wishes being sent for a continued recovery.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 AM

They being one of the leading ICU's in the Midwest, which is where I was in traction for a month. Followed up by a leading rehab hospital in the country, where I had the misfortune of staying for another month, and where the data was reiterated. Started out at 200lbs. with 6% body fat, lost at least 50 lbs and you could see through me I was so thin.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM

"They" refers to the doctors and other professionals in the hospital.
I do think that they do whatever is possible for Werner.
The massage and muscle stimulation while being in deep sleep is a standard procedure in the hospitals over here.
I am also quite confident that he will recover completely. I just feel sorry for him that now, when he has found a place he likes, work he loves and friends, that this setback happened. In my opinion he already had enough bad times in his life, so this isn't really fair... But he has a more pragmatic approach. He just said that he will take some time to recover and that the summer will bring a lot of time of sitting in the garden. (And getting fussed over by the nurses )
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM

They being one of the leading ICU's in the Midwest, which is where I was in traction for a month. Followed up by a leading rehab hospital in the country, where I had the misfortune of staying for another month, and where the data was reiterated. Started out at 200lbs. with 6% body fat, lost at least 50 lbs and you could see through me I was so thin. Maybe being intubated and not being able to sit up and lower half in traction made the difference?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
"They" refers to the doctors and other professionals in the hospital.
I do think that they do whatever is possible for Werner.
The massage and muscle stimulation while being in deep sleep is a standard procedure in the hospitals over here.
I am also quite confident that he will recover completely. I just feel sorry for him that now, when he has found a place he likes, work he loves and friends, that this setback happened. In my opinion he already had enough bad times in his life, so this isn't really fair... But he has a more pragmatic approach. He just said that he will take some time to recover and that the summer will bring a lot of time of sitting in the garden. (And getting fussed over by the nurses )
Sounds like your brother has a very good outlook on life, I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery
Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Father GOD we ask that you comfort Markus and help his brother heal in JESUS name , thank you

Chin up Markus, this to shall pass
Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My leg was in traction, but I could move my body around. I ate all I wanted to everyday, and I was 13 at the time. Might have had something to do with not loseing too much weight or muscle. The only part that lost muscle was my leg that was in traction, because it didn't move for 3 months. I had a cast on it for 1.5 months after the hospital stay.

Quick Reply: My Brother