Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   The Moving Forward Break Room (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/moving-forward-break-room-332029/)

Scotty 05-26-2019 08:59 AM

The Moving Forward Break Room

Starting this thread with some great news.
A Mayo trained surgeon has agreed to help me in Calgary.
This week I will know when I go there. I was assured it will be within less then a month and most likely within the next two weeks.

I fed the Dragons. Yes dragons. I thought ‘he’ looked expectant last week.

All the food is gone...dragons 😀

Shovelhead 05-26-2019 09:54 AM

Wazzup Scotty?
Howdy from the Right Coast.
Mayo-Trained?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...bc032485b5.jpg

:huh:

Scotty 05-26-2019 10:09 AM

Saving my arm Ed.
Tried Mustard
Mayo next

Shovelhead 05-26-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3360901)
Saving my arm Ed.
Tried Mustard
Mayo next

STILL having issues with that arm, or is this a new injury?

Scotty 05-26-2019 12:08 PM

Long term issues and long story, same arm
lots of mistakes and lack of skilled folk once you reach a certain point.

I’ve tried very hard to advocate for myself
Five surgeries and at least one more to try and save my arm.

FiverBob 05-26-2019 08:25 PM

Hey, Good going Scooty - - a new breakroom. Brought fresh coffee and ph00 and made a small pot of each - - getting late tonight.
Also brought something I think the dragon(s) will like so they leave our stuff alone. Also put a supply of sprinkles and other
assorted pastries in the upper center cabinet.

Such good news Scotty - - wow, wait and wait and finally some good news. Maybe this week - - wouldn't that be great. I want to see
you acting normal again - - uhhhh, well, normal for you anyhow. ….. :D

Grabbing my small ph00 ………..[coffee]………... and out of here - - tired and hurt - - going to bed early. Big week coming up. Morry.

Bob

Mexstan 05-27-2019 07:10 AM

Hey Scotty, thanks for the new breakroom and FINALLY a glimmer of good news. Please keep us posted on the breaking news eh.

DragonS?????? How did this happen? Some sort of parthenogenesis? Bet not too many readers know this word. How many are dragons are here now? Will there be a competition to name the new arrival(s)?

Yesterday was a very different Sunday for me. I have a leaky earth dam on some property and had hired a local to find a source of clay to line the bottom. Nobody had anything suitable, but on Friday a source was found, so early on Saturday I went to go and look at it. Tested the suspension on my truck as the only 'road' there was a very rocky dry river bed. Made a deal and the work started immediately as the rainy season has started and we need to move fast. On Saturday they managed to bring out 56 cubic meters of clay and dump it in my dam. Unfortunately the 14 cubic meter dump truck destroyed a tire on one of the rocks in the river bed. Managed to get a backhoe into the dam and start spreading and compacting. Due to the coming rain, the decision was made to continue the work and start work early on Sunday and work until the job was completed as the backhoe owner was afraid of getting stuck in the wet clay if it started to rain. Was out there with my wife and the guys early Sunday morning and we all worked very hard. Hate to miss church and all my usual Sunday activities, but need to do what I need to do. Got the job completed, so now it can rain. Arrived home late on Sunday afternoon, dirty and very tired. Boy, that shower sure felt good!

Off the see my favorite guy later this morning - the dentist!

Made new ph00 and coffee. Lots of fresh cut up fruit and Mexican snacks in the fridge. Some of the snacks need heating, but DO NOT nuke them as the destroys some of the taste and texture. Just popped back in and left a big bowl of litchi (sometimes spelled lychee) fruit on the counter. I love these and every year wait for them to come into season.

Got to do a quick job right now. A concrete slab under my back patio door has somehow lifted and jammed the door. Have had this happen in the past, always just before the rains hit. Now heading out with my grinder to shave a few areas on this slab. A noisy and dusty job. Will be wearing eye and ear protection. This is a steel door and not wood, so cannot just shave the bottom of the door.

Ciao

cougar 05-27-2019 11:23 AM

Scotty, still praying for you brother.

FiverBob 05-27-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3360921)
Scotty, still praying for you brother.

You got that Cougar. Too many of us hurting right now. Could not be age, could it???? Naw - - I'm only 39. Oh no, forgive me God, I lied.
(I was really just teasing.)

Stan, the man - - big job and hard work.

Blonde is calling for lunch - - better go before she whips me.

Bye

FiverBob 05-28-2019 06:11 AM

Tuesday Morning all ready. Time is flying by. Put fresh coffee and ph00 on to help get the day started. Off to doc this morning and see what on earth
is going on in my back. Knee seems to be progressing slowly, but surely so far. Waiting to hear good news from Scotty.

Gotta eat and run. ……………..[coffee]

Scotty 05-28-2019 06:57 AM

June 20 is the appt for my assessment in Calgary.
It will be sooner if there is a cancellation. I was told come prepared to stay for surgery. However, his nurse said that will all be decided after we meet and determine the correct course of action. This surgeon wants to know the whole scoop before he commits to anything after what I’ve had to deal with.

Laid out a spread of delightful eats including these...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...0fcac3597.jpeg
15 hrs into an 18 hr smoke...Pork Butts!

FiverBob 05-28-2019 03:40 PM

Wow, that looks so good it could almost tempt me to be a bad boy. Course my cardio doctor would have a heart attack if he caught me. YEEEKKKSS...
My doc appointment did not go good today. Set me up with no delay for MRI in the morning and suggested I get my stuff in order to be off my feet for
a while after surgery -- HUH, what surgery. He does not like what he is seeing and feeling and wants better pics. Boy, perfect timing. Applying for large
remodel project on the downtown office building. Need to be there to make sure it is done the way I want it. Hopefully he can hold off to let this get far
enough along I could leave it for a while. Next is nitty gritty tidy up our home and maybe put it on the market. Values are way up - - the time to get out.
Repo's are high now too. Might find a steal. And me hobbling around - - gggrrrrrr………………...[duhhh]

Mexstan 05-29-2019 06:43 AM

Good morning from paradise. Looks like the rainy season has started with a bang. Yesterday late afternoon it rained, hard. The road outside my house became a river. We needed this rain badly.

Scotty, good news. Hope you get that cancellation and get going very soon.

Bob, back surgery??? [nonono] [nonono] [nonono] That is the absolute last thing that you want! Could you not get a second opinion from a good chiropractor rather than a doctor? Sorry, but more and more I am hearing stories from friends that have received very bad advice and treatment from doctors and am becoming more and more suspicious of them and their constant pushing of meds and surgery. In my area it has just been discovered that a group of doctors are now pushing stents for any kind of heart problems. Seems like the medical profession is more and more just trying to fix a symptom with meds and surgery instead of looking and rectifying the root cause. Some time ago I started to ask my friends that returned from a doctors visit what the root cause of their problem was and they have no clue. The doctor just looked at the symptom. Better get off my soap box before I really get riled up.

Got lots of stuff to do, so had better get to it. Have a noon meeting with a friend at the local Dairy Queen. Is there a better place to meet?

Ciao.

j_martin 05-29-2019 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3360965)
Got lots of stuff to do, so had better get to it. Have a noon meeting with a friend at the local Dairy Queen. Is there a better place to meet?

Ciao.

After your rant on living healthy, which I fully endorse, you'd better think about this "rhetoric" question.

Mexstan 05-29-2019 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin (Post 3360967)
After your rant on living healthy, which I fully endorse, you'd better think about this "rhetoric" question.

I hear you. Living and eating healthy allows me the odd 'sin' and indulging in bad, but delicious so called food. One ice cream once every couple of weeks is hopefully not going to hurt me. At least, that is what I am telling myself. I can easily become an ice creamaholic, so need to restrict myself. Same with chocolate.