Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mommy's Day Breakroom May 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey Bobbles hope you get some relief soon.

I can do baked goods on the smoker. Apple pie is amazing.

Jalapeno corn bread is excellent as well.

Check the oven, Its full of heated goodies.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Bobbles?????

Just climbed down off my ladder to stop for some brekkie. What a nice surprise to find so many choices for a change. Thanks. Hate ladder work. Busy re-varnishing the wooden frames on the windows on my house. Wish I could find some sort of varnish that can resist the sun for more than two years. Have tried different types and brands but so far there is not much difference between a middle of the road quality varnish and a high priced spar varnish. The sun down here eats everything. Need to finish quickly 'cuz I dragged my feet on completing this job and the rains could start by this weekend.

Bobbles, uh, I mean Bob, hope that you knee and back problems soon go away.

Scotty, hope to hear some good news from you very soon.

As soon as I have finished eating, will go back to my ladder work.

Ciao
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Whew - - finally sat down to see what happened on here today. Daughter ended up in emergency room yesterday - - she is in
agony with her arthritis. Has a big fluid build up in her hip. Stopped and spent time with her - - she was waiting for doctors
to come and get her. Came home when they took her. Called and reported - - got huge amount out, but not good new - - it
was not clear - - yellow and green meaning infection. Sooo, she is still in there while they track down what is happening with
her. Tough to watch your kids in that much pain.

Got my knee brace on - - seems to help some and quite creative. Hope it helps is heal. Sure wish it worked on my back

Supper is on - - can't outrun that blonde right now, so better mind her. Later,

Bobble
Old 05-14-2019, 05:41 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Gorgeous day dawned here - - busy one for me. Get my knee brace this morning - - hope that helps the pain. Then off for more
"on the feet" work measuring and sketching for the plans on the major changes at an office building. Going to be nice changes, update it. We have owned it for 40 years and have not done anything outside except paint. It is time. All new hurricane, tinted
and insulated windows plus new store front windows with the same specs, only a whole lot thicker. Wow are they
expensive. $2500 for one pane of glass - - 10 panes - - UHHH, don't make me add it up - - will loose my breakfast.

OK, ph00 and coffee are on and brought a big assortment of pastries. Have a great day.
……………………...……………….
So, Bobble.

What's wrong with your knee ? What's causing the pain ? Typical arthritis ? Bad meniscus ?

I used to experience lots of knee pain until I figured out what worked for me. Considering the knee joint itself doesn't have any nerve tendons in the meniscus tissue, I figured out what the pain was caused by was the poor alignment of old cartilage, causing the tendons to "tense" around the knee to stabilize the joint. It's my body's reaction to the damage in the joint. The pain isn't actually the joint itself. It's the surrounding tendons that are cramped up that is causing the signals of pain to the brain.

So after months of different exercises, I figured out that if I "stretch" these tendons in a specific manner, I can completely relieve the pain. Riding a stationary bike helps a lot as well.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bobble has a few more issues in his knee right now.
Got an email from him. He hammered it good/bad.

Reminds me of an injury I sustained when playing rugby.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Bobble has a few more issues in his knee right now.
Got an email from him. He hammered it good/bad. Reminds me of an injury I sustained when playing rugby.
And hauling those ***** and putting them up on the raised platform, and pulling truck and trailers up a steep grade,
and . . . . . on and on. Sort of like wondering why I don't hear as well any longer. Surely racing on the track and drag
strip with no ear plugs (who knew back then???) or out hunting ducks and deer and still no ear plugs - - surely none of
that could hurt my hearing. Uhhhh WHAT??? WHAT DID YOU SAY? CAN'T HEAR YOU. LOL.

Knee? Thought I mentioned here - fell almost 3 weeks ago now - - broke a bone which damaged the meniscus and tore
one tendon and drastically stretched another. Soooo, not pleasant - - but the new brace is definitely helping. I have a few
simple exercises to do - - not OVERdo. Starting them today.

Put some coffee and ph00 on and grabbing my ph00 and get some more desk work done. Have a gudurn. …..
Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Fiver... and taking a sampling of this ph00.
Then, grab a fresh cup and off to work.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
Wishing you a speedy recovery Fiver... and taking a sampling of this ph00.
Then, grab a fresh cup and off to work.
That would be great, but the doc said don't expect to be back on the tennis court very quick. BBOOOO!!
Another doc today - - eyes - - watching that Mac real close. Drops and vitamins are doing a good job
keeping it under control.

Grabbing a ph00 and head out. L8R.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:46 AM

Morning all. Put on fresh coffee and ph00 for y00. Also brought some sprinkles. Maybe Lary will smell them and come join us.

Some tiny sprinkles here yesterday after a day mostly cloudy. Unusual for us. Gorgeous blue skies and sunrise this morning.
Going to try and fix two irrigation heads this morning if I can get down there to reach them. This is a bummer - - not me at
all. Need to fix two of my night lighting fixtures also, but doubt if I will make all that in one day. Awake from 3am on this
morning with pain in the back and knee. Tired of it.

Grabbing my phoo and go try and do something productive????? …………………...