Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mac Tools is Sending New Torque Wrench

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac Tools is Sending New Torque Wrench

Mac Tools is sending out a new torque wrench to me today. They are still going to render usless any tool that comes in that, in their opinion can't be repaired or if owner doesn't want it repaired. That is and will remain their policy. The difference is that now EVERYBODY will know the rules before hand. I still believe the policy is flawed and could be open to legal challenge.

Part of the reason I am getting a new wrench is because of a comparison I made. As follows - If you take your car into a repair shop for repair of the brakes and they can't get the parts, and the shop says "no charge". Oh, by the way since we were unable to make repairs, we rendered your car inoperable by running it through the crusher out back. The reason we did so was because our legal department said you might sue us if you drove your car with bad brakes and something bad happened. It's no wonder that there are never skid marks when a lawyer is hit and run over in the street!!!!!!!

Mac Tools needs a new legal department. Ever hear of a waiver????????
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Good to hear that they are sending you a new one. What they did to you really doesnt seem right.....
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM

Glad to hear that they are making it right. Also comforting that prevention of lawsuits doesn't extend to destruction of property without permission.