Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

looking for a good dealer in Ontario, Canada

Old 12-08-2003, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for a good dealer in Ontario, Canada

I read the whole "I think I got ripped off" thread. In my current financial situation, leasing looks easier than financing a purchase.... however..... (farming)

Need some advice on finding a "good" dealership, and on negotiating the best deal regardless of whether it is a buy or a lease....

Old 12-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:looking for a good dealer in Ontario, Canada

Smoky is around New London somewhere. You may want to drop him a PM and see if he can be of assistance.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 AM

Hi witsend. As Joel said, I am in London. Here i deal with Wharncliffe Chrysler. Their diesel mechanic is first rate. I am not sure about the kinds of deals that you could arrange on a purchase. The salesman that I use is named Chuck, and when i asked the mechanic, he also recommended him.
If I can be any help, send me a PM.

I am leaving for the south at the end of the week...perhaps going to the NC drag/Dyno Day.
george
Old 12-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Smokey, long time no talk. Hope you can make it to dyno day. See you there.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:08 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

Before I bought my truck I checked out many dealers in and around Toronto. Even tried London and Hamilton. Not a single dealer was interested in talking to me after they found out that I was not interested in what they wanted to push on me. They ALL wanted to try and sell me something RIGHT NOW from what they had on the lot. Nothing they had suited me. A couple of dealers even stopped answering my emails when I told them I was not going to make a deal that same day. What I wanted would have been a special order but they were not interested in doing this. Their attitudes were truly amazing. **** even. I ended up complaining to Dodge Canada and they in turn told me that every dealer was an independant franchise and how they handled their business was up to them. So forgot about dealing in Canada and bought my truck in Texas instead. Found a great dealer who bent over backwards to make sure I got what I wanted and with no pressure.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:54 PM

who is the dealer in Texas? my next question is, has anyone (Canadian) bought in the US and then brought a truck across the border?

what do you have to do?

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=10;threadid=23444;start=0#msg221019 date=1071014904]
Before I bought my truck I checked out many dealers in and around Toronto. Even tried London and Hamilton. Not a single dealer was interested in talking to me after they found
... and how they handled their business was up to them. So forgot about dealing in Canada and bought my truck in Texas instead. Found a great dealer who bent over backwards to make sure I got what I wanted and with no pressure.
[/quote]
Old 12-09-2003, 10:04 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

The dealer is LaGrange Dodge in La Grange Tx. www.ramtrucks4less.com. Phone 888-891-JEEP