Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lookin lots like Christmas Breakroom - Dec 8 - 14

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Lookin lots like Christmas Breakroom - Dec 8 - 14

It's almost here, gang. Christmas is right around the corner. Wandered around and found a box of old ornaments and a tiny tree. Pushed all the garbage on the counter on the floor and put that little guy on the counter, put some ornaments on it and stuffed Shrews under it. Push them shrews out of the way if you want to leave something for someone.

Ph00 is made - - yeh. Oh, made some coffee too and put some cider in a jug in the fridge. If someone wants it spiked, there is another jug on the counter - - I drilled a hole in the handle that with take a 12 penny nail. Bring one with ya, put it in that hole and pour some of the nice fresh stuff in it - - then we will know which one is spiked. LOL

OK, I am out of here - - busy morning - - heading for church and a friend invited me home for dinner with he and wifey - - they felt sorry for the bachelor - thought I was looking skinny. Have a good one.

Bob
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Mornin' campers,
Pups woke up early, Yip-yip-yip-yip-yip-ip-yip-yip-yip-yip-yip-yip-yip-yip which means we woke up early.
Wifey's up here for the week. She's headed for Peru to visit with her folks for a while next Monday.
Heading out for breakfast in a few.
Nasty weather on the way. Temps below freezing, snow, sleet freezing rain.
Ya'll be careful out there.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
If Sigmund Freud was here he would have you locked up.
But he ISN'T here so I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I learned to play with myself a long time ago.
I figured you must have.

Morning all. Why is this pathetic excuse for a tree in the breakroom? It's gonna get needles all over the place and disturb the natural orderliness of the breakroom! And Jake thinks it's an indoor bathroom.

Today is Sunday, December 8th.

1765 - Eli Whitney was born in Westboro, MA. Whitney invented the cotton gin and developed the concept of mass-production of interchangeable parts.

1776 - George Washington's retreating army in the American Revolution crossed the Delaware River from New Jersey to Pennsylvania.

1854 - Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of the Immaculate Conception. The theory holds that Mary, mother of Jesus, was free of original sin from the moment she was conceived.

1863 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln announced his plan for the Reconstruction of the South.

1886 - At a convention of union leaders in Columbus, OH, the American Federation of Labor was founded.

1941 - The United States entered World War II when it declared war against Japan. The act came one day after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Britain and Canada also declared war on Japan.

1953 - Los Angeles became the third largest city in the United States.

1982 - Norman D. Mayer demanding an end to nuclear weapons held the Washington Monument hostage. He threatened to blow it up with explosives he claimed were inside a van. 10 hours later he was shot to death by police.

1987 - U.S. President Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev signed a treaty agreeing to destroy their nations' arsenals of intermediate-range nuclear missiles.

1991 - Russia, Byelorussia and Ukraine declared the Soviet national government to be dead. They forged a new alliance to be known as the Commonwealth of Independent States. The act was denounced by Russian President Gorbachev as unconstitutional.

1993 - U.S. President Clinton signed into law the North American Free Trade Agreement.

1994 - In Los Angeles, 12 alternate jurors were chosen for the O.J. Simpson murder trial.

1998 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that police could not search a person or their cars after ticketing for a routine traffic violation.

1998 - The FBI opened its files on Frank Sinatra to the public. The file contained over 1,300 pages.

1999 - In Memphis, TN, a jury found that Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been the victim of a vast murder conspiracy, not a lone assassin.

Today's thought:
We see things as we are, not as they are.

TOB&F today, even tho he can't really make coffee!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:47 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morning all...
got in a 2 mile run this morning, cooking some thick cut peppered bacon and steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. I'm trying to cancel one with the other.
working on a hot cup of tea at the moment. I'm almost out of tea
Old 12-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi

Blend door yoga is tough.

I got the doors swapped and the dash in place as well as steering column up. Time to double/triple check wiring and bolts. And before I button it all up I'm going to clean all the parts and pieces.

Interesting how all four motors only had two screws and one had one. Watching the actuation with missing screws was interesting with how the stuff flexed.

The flapper for rear mega cab flow was stuck almost shut.

Big time to be Grateful and Thankful.

Hanyday DTRonians

Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
More ice and no snow. Bah... Took the dog out this morning and she took off after a barn cat. Legs going all over the place. Sure was funny though...
Old 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all hanging out at my girlfriends house went out to check the weather her two dogs came running when they heard the door open thinking it was her when they scene me they had the look of who are you and quitessing with us.

The weather has missed us so far so we might be out of the woods. Hope everyone has a good Sunday and prayers going up for bobs fAmily and anyone else that needs them.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Right at freezing with freezing fog. Lovely! Ventured out to the mail box yesterday. That was a mistake, couldn't keep my feet under me. All our boxes are at a mid point along the road. That is how lazy the Post Office has gotten. They won't go door to door anymore. And of course, I'm down at the end of the block.
Had another fight with firefox this morning. Left overs from a 64 bit beta version. Was ready for it this time with everything backed up.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good afternoon all y'all,
It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the shadow of the Rockies. Yeah, it is a tad cold but there is only a small breath of a breeze and there are clear blue skies. The skiers call this a bluebird day. It is good to see everyone is safe and sound as we finish another week. I finally got my posterior off the couch and plowed out the neighbors' driveway. My rusty old plow truck is a 1987 GMC 1/2 ton with the 305 v8. It hasn't moved an inch since last spring. I put the battery charger on it for a day a couple of weeks back and plugged in the block heater and battery blanket yesterday. When I hopped in today that old truck just fired right up. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ram and Cummins but there is still something to be said for those old gas power V8's with only the most basic computers.

Have a great Sunday everyone and a good week.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
My rusty old plow truck is a 1987 GMC 1/2 ton with the 305 v8. It hasn't moved an inch since last spring. I put the battery charger on it for a day a couple of weeks back and plugged in the block heater and battery blanket yesterday. When I hopped in today that old truck just fired right up. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ram and Cummins but there is still something to be said for those old gas power V8's with only the most basic computers.

Good morning / afternoon all. Should be at work right now (it's Monday) but need to go to the dentist, so am working from the hotel for a bit, then going to the dentist (pay for pain) then coming back to the hotel to play catchup for the rest of the day.

Sean, that engine story reminded me of something. Many years ago I had a farmer friend who had an old late 60's or maybe early 70's Pontiac sitting in his field. He had been storing it for many years for someone who never came back. Don't remember what model Pontiac it was, but it was a full size two door car with a 426 or 427 in it and a long sloping back. He wanted to use the field and wanted to get rid of the car. I told him that if the motor ran that I would take it. It was quite rusted, the field mice had eaten the insulation off half the wires and generally it looked very sad.

I took a battery with me and bumped the starter to see if the motor would even turn over. I was watching the fan and to my amazement it did move and even rocked back a bit. So I bumped the starter again, but a second longer. Believe it or not, but the motor fired right up and ran!!!!! It ran rough for a few seconds and then settled down to a good idle. Unbelievable. No idea how many years this thing sat in the open field and to have it run with just two starter bumps was seemingly impossible. I drove the wreck home and the motor ran perfectly. That thing had power! Push down on the gas pedal and could burn rubber very easily.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan that sounds like a parisienne.
Canadian only if I recall correctly and there was a couple of big block options in late 60's.

I found a 62 parisienne in a field. peed in the battery sat for awhile and it fired right up. Had a low compression 283 2 spd powerglide. Ran perfect.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:35 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I need a cup of tea...
Old 12-08-2013, 07:42 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I need to take a pee.
Too many cups of tea.

Howdy all,

Originally Posted by FiverBob
put some ornaments on it and stuffed Shrews under it.
Dead shrews make lousy ornaments. Their tail isn't long enough to hang em and I feel like a pervert when I attach a hook to them (there is only one good spot).

Originally Posted by chaikwa
And Jake thinks it's an indoor bathroom.
That's a surprise. I always figured you didn't have an indoor bathroom.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
but need to go to the dentist, so am working from the hotel for a bit,
A long time back you talked about having some Doctors there who were actually pretty competent.
How are the Dentists in your area.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Stan that sounds like a parisienne.
I have been a car guy forever and had never heard of a parisienne. Had to look it up.

Havent gone anywhere or done anything because of the ice and fog.
Grungy day so I have been working on organizing some music.
I recently discovered converting CD's and albums to MP3.
Turns out it has been around for a little while.
~
Old 12-09-2013, 03:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

A long time back you talked about having some Doctors there who were actually pretty competent.
How are the Dentists in your area.

I have been a car guy forever and had never heard of a parisienne. Had to look it up.

Havent gone anywhere or done anything because of the ice and fog.
Grungy day so I have been working on organizing some music.
I recently discovered converting CD's and albums to MP3.
Turns out it has been around for a little while.
~

My dentist is great. It is a woman who was trained in China and Japan. She has what appears to be all the latest equipment. For example, she can take a mold of a tooth that requires a crown, take a computer scan of the mold and then what looks like big box with 3 multi axis mini routers, in minutes produce a very accurate crown. She speaks very good English, Japanese and of course Mandarin Chinese.

Scotty said that it was a Parisienne. I remember them, not too bad a car. Don't think that was the car I was talking about was a Parisienne. Seem to remember some numbers in the model. It was an uncommon model.

You know, just last week I said that you were slllllllooooooow to catch on and now you have proven this by telling us that you have just discovered old technology. You really do need to get out a bit more.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:49 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

My dentist is great. take a computer scan of the crown mold.... in minutes produce a very accurate crown.
Neat! We only have one Dentist in our area and he is terrible. We have a dentist in CA that we really like and he charges a lot less than here.
Speaking of which, any idea of how the dental prices compare between china and US?((I have a friend who has his teeth worked on in Mexico and likes it).

You know, just last week I said that you were slllllllooooooow to catch on and now you have proven this by telling us that you have just discovered old technology. You really do need to get out a bit more.
I was just thinking about surprising my wife by taking her to the disco than to the Howard Johnson’s.
Its been awhile but their large midnight bacon, omelet and waffle platter is great and for $1.99 was a good deal.

Originally Posted by Scotty
peed in the battery
The batteries for our TV remote are dead. Will peeing on them help?

Quick Reply: Lookin lots like Christmas Breakroom - Dec 8 - 14