Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The "Leftovers" Break room ... Dec.17-23,2017

Old 12-17-2017, 06:41 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
The "Leftovers" Break room ... Dec.17-23,2017

(Tiptoeing in real quiet) ... gotta stay quiet...
(Lightning the warm cinnamon bun candle) ... (filling the dirty sock with yesterday's coffee grounds ... leave it on the counter in plain sight with the reallllly old Folgers can)
... whisper to the dragon "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil!" ... he grins and plops down in the corner...

Then .............. mmmmuuuuihahahahaha .....

Spread out theCrackerbarrel home style breakfast ... biscuits and gravy ... farm style omelettes with any three fillings ya want... pancakes stacked high with warm butter and maple syrup... patty sausage and bacon ... orange juice or apple juice cold with the sweat dripping down the side of the pitcher ... hash browns... sautéed mushrooms... and whole grain toast with choice of grape, strawberry, marmalade, or table honey

Fresh coffe for everybody and hot water for the one(s) that drink dirty water ...or I mean tea

Gooooooodmorrrrrrrning DTR ! This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

SD
Old 12-17-2017, 07:09 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Hey O-d, thanks for starting the break room. Let me see if I understand your post correctly. If I take your first paragraph and connect it to your last sentence, you are rejoicing that you have done evil in the break room. Then tried to vindicate yourself by bribing us with an abundance of good food. Ummmm, OK buuurp!

Gorgeous days down here in Paradise. Still kinda cool early in the mornings, but once the sun comes up it warms up fast and then the rest of the day is almost perfect.

Hey Bob, when are you going to retire and smell the roses? At the rate you are going it seems that you will only be smelling the rose bush roots. Not good.

Some of you may remember that recently I was whining about losing a screwdriver. Yesterday it showed up again. I was taking some stuff off of the fold down floor in the back of the truck when I happened to noticed the handle of the screwdriver on the floor between the drivers seat and the consul. It definitely was not there when I was looking for it earlier. All I can think of is that while I was sitting in the drivers seat and using that screwdriver was that absentmindedly placed the screwdriver down next to me on the seat and when I got up, the screwdriver fell down between the seat and the consul and got trapped. While driving and with the movement of the seat up and down (air seats) it finally worked it's way down to the floor where I could see it.
Attached Thumbnails The "Leftovers" Break room ... Dec.17-23,2017-alzeimers.jpg  
Old 12-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

yum
Old 12-17-2017, 07:56 AM

No no Stan ... last week I left Timmy's coffee and dollar deal sausage biscuits on the counter and like 14 hrs later they were never touched!!

Gotta read last post from last weeks break room to see the build up to today

Just gotta cut up a little around here ... could NEVER make dirty sock coffee for you guys after all the great help and advice I've gotten here ... would NEVER think about tricking anybody with only a warm cinnamon bun scented candle and not actually have something to nibble on

Oh you got me all wrong on that ... just keep looking for your tools ....?!?!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Got some coal to deliver to uncle Chris when I get home next weekend. Seems like his naughty list just grew! I'll also do his annual inspection while I'm there. Never takes very long, time seems to fly while I'm there and there is never a problem with parts. Those elves can make anything.
Snowing off and on (or is that on and off?) here in Sheboygan. More rain than snow back is AK. The engine change is going slowly due to a lack of parts. It's like putting together a 3D jig saw puzzle with the parts in the middle missing. Ya can't do it unless you like undoing what ya did to do it again.
Taking the weekend off to let the wrist heal up. One nut on the fuel pump is a real bugger with the throttle bracket in the way. If I where doing this back home, it would be done by now. I have the right tools and all the parts. But NO! I'm working out of a tackle box in someone else s hangar.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Boy I missed a heck of a spread this morning thanks O-d just the same
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 PM

Ah..... you boys don't know me well enough yet to trust my cooking so I had to order it in today

Next time the wife is out of town and I'm cooking for the kids I'll try to save some of my eggs-erroneous scramble... always seems to be left overs when I'm cooking!!!

Picking up rear axle spindle nut from Napa tomorrow evening... I did get new rear shoes but not the spring kits.., probably would be smart to have them just in case

Decaf coffee is hot if anyone stumbles through later

SD
Old 12-18-2017, 06:58 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Looks like a missed a good spread yesterday. Missing a lot everyday right now. Put on fresh coffee and ph00 but sorry, no food. Have not had any myself yet and been up two hours.

Gorgeous day dawning with same stuff as Stanman. Cool mornings (like 58 - 60) warming to the high 70's. Really gorgeous time of the year down here. Wanted to catch the first snow fall in Sapphire Valley NC but no luck to that this year. Son sent pics - - jealous.

Grab my ph00 and get back at it. Y'all have a good one. ...................
Old 12-18-2017, 07:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning. Like Bob, I have been up for hours already. Presently enjoying watching an extremely pretty sunrise. There are a bunch of high, streaky clouds and the rising sun is turning them into many different shades of reds, orange and yellow. In between the clouds the sky is turquoise. Nice way to start a day.

Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992
No no Stan ... last week I left Timmy's coffee and dollar deal sausage biscuits on the counter and like 14 hrs later they were never touched!!

Gotta read last post from last weeks break room to see the build up to today

Just gotta cut up a little around here ... could NEVER make dirty sock coffee for you guys after all the great help and advice I've gotten here ... would NEVER think about tricking anybody with only a warm cinnamon bun scented candle and not actually have something to nibble on

Oh you got me all wrong on that ... just keep looking for your tools ....?!?!

Gotcha!

Broke an old crown in half over the weekend, so off to the dentist this afternoon to get a new one made. Talking of dentists, especially for those of you with kids, have just finished reading a book that is an eye opener for tooth care and I highly recommend it as required reading for all parents and those that have dental problems. It is "Cure Tooth Decay" by Ramiel Nagel.

Lots to do today, so off to get a start on it. Oh wait, need a second coffee first.

Ciao
Old 12-18-2017, 07:50 PM

Welp ... long day at work accomplished little to nothing... seemed like I toll 2 steps forward and then 3 backward...

Stopped by Napa to get the seals for the rear drums, new spindle nuts, and rear breaks spring kits, checked on getting a proper socket to remove spindle nuts ... and they didn't have any of it... on order pick up Wednesday

I also asked for the gasket to fit the rear diff cover .., they said it doesn't have one just use RTV black ... seems odd no gasket???

Anyways , fresh coffee ... blue mountain Jamaican and fresh lemon pound cake that my daughter baked this afternoon ... no icing so we can watch our weight through the holidays!!!

SD
Old 12-19-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
SD
I have seen diff. cover gaskets but often don't use them myself.
I use RTV after cleaning everything up really nicely. I then put a nice bead on the cover which I smooth out with my finger.
I don't tighten the bolts on the cover all the way and let it dry overnight. I then snug them up the next day and fill with oil. This gives the RTV time to cure and makes a thicker "gasket" than just tightening it all the way right off.

Coffee and assorted teas out on the counter. Scrambled eggs and venison sausage in the oven keeping warm.
It looks like a warm day here as it will be hitting 30F. Lots of outside work to do that has been put off with the last weeks cold snap.

L8R
Old 12-19-2017, 08:10 AM

Yep... I looked at the FSM again last night and the exploded view of the rear axle shows a gasket for the cover and "or sealer" ... I'm sure the more I try to fix on my old piece the more questions I'll have and perhaps the more I'll learn !!!

Hope no one else wanted eggs and deer sausage.... goooooooood stufffffffff!!

Well I guess I'll leave a little... uurrpppp!
Old 12-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Very sobering day at work ... the machine and welding shop that I work part time at services many of the local logging contractors as well as the sawmill

Found out at morning coffee that one of our regular logger customers was found dead in the bush ... apparently a log shifted as he was loading with the grapple and one way or another he was crushed

Fellas ... I don't know you guys and you don't know me but may I say as plainly as possible with all kindness... turn to God... give Him your heart before you are ushered out into eternity... whether it be slow and grinding with terminal illness or in the blink of an eye

If this post violates some forum rule I'm sorry not looking to preach at anyone or offend anyone

SD
Old 12-19-2017, 07:05 PM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Sorry to hear about that SD.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 PM

Wasn't a close friend... just a guy that won't be walking through the door anymore

Looks like it's just us that have time for breaks!!!!

My wife made Christmas cookies today ... selection on the counter for you guys ... or just Oliver

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "Leftovers" Break room ... Dec.17-23,2017