Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The leaves are changing Breakroom 11OCT - 17OCT

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Man it's lonely over on the political forum. I put up a post 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any rude responses, snide remarks, or hate mail yet.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Our federal election is coming up fast.
Watching some of the speils make me wonder how shredding the current party in power is a good sales pitch. At least tell me what your platform is besides shredding.

Lots of stuff blown around here but minimal damage so far.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I know where our wind went. Calm and cold here today. Transplanting berry bushes while we're cleaning up the yard.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Our federal election is coming up fast.
Watching some of the speils make me wonder how shredding the current party in power is a good sales pitch. At least tell me what your platform is besides shredding.

The whole problem right now is excessive government. Shredding sounds appropriate to me.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Heard today some old friends in Montana got burned out in the wind. Sounds like most of the ranch buildings along with grazing went up. Not real sure of total outcome, but sounds like it's going to be a total loss. No idea of the cause of the fire at this point. Be careful out there!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:46 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hi. Been too busy to show up. No coffee or anything else to entice me either.

Somebody has donated an old car to the orphanage and it has fallen to me to go and pick it up. It is a 4 hour drive away, in Puebla. Very old, but nice city. Look it up. So leaving tomorrow to go and check it out, do any necessary repairs and drive it home. An hour from Puebla is the Bearhawk factory, (Home) so while I am in the area, want to go and pay them a visit. Expect to be home late Thursday.

Wonder how many DTR members will still be here when I get back? Some of you could be blown away by then.

JWBM, looks like you had a barrel of fun over the weekend. Good for you.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:46 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so warm here, no dew this am...

finished up side porch ceiling with a friend's help, mucho appreciacion!!
paid it forward with grooming, saddling up and teaching two old horses new tricks. nice pasture ride after arena . fixing fence, closing up a pool, finding a elec short in a power everything chevy. steak dinner made the work nice.
jeep home and nice to have everything put up for winter.

get to pick a project I want tomorrow! 72 degrees at 8 pm tonight!

enjoying this whole weekend for sure, Stanimal. A memory for sure
Old 10-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
so warm here, no dew this am...

finished up side porch ceiling with a friend's help, mucho appreciacion!!
paid it forward with grooming, saddling up and teaching two old horses new tricks. nice pasture ride after arena . fixing fence, closing up a pool, finding a elec short in a power everything chevy. steak dinner made the work nice.
jeep home and nice to have everything put up for winter.

get to pick a project I want tomorrow! 72 degrees at 8 pm tonight!

enjoying this whole weekend for sure, Stanimal. A memory for sure
Enjoy the heat. The other shoe is going to drop....tomorrow. Hang onto your hat.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morin coffee is being provided by Tim Hortons phoo by Starbucks off to see more of Canada around the falls and Toronto

Latter .
Old 10-13-2015, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Originally Posted by cougar
I know where our wind went. Calm and cold here today. Transplanting berry bushes while we're cleaning up the yard.
It went by here. Could hardly stay standing yesterday. Woke up to calm, hundreds of apples on the ground, herd of deer in the orchard enjoying the windfall, and yard clutter re-arranged at random. Hang on New England. Here she comes.

Thanks for the phoo...... gotta go find some sustenance.

Then I have to scramble to get wet system heaters in the camper. Can't get all the parts so I'm going to have to cobble some 110V cable driven by an inverter. Rube Goldberg setup for sure, but it should work. At least the tank heater pads are on the way.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JM, did a pex heat system for a 16 ft utility enclosed trailer/home away from home. runs off second system radiator (think big rig radiator in a one ton dodge) and heats as you drive down the road or from a elec connection (rv park) or battery and aquarium pump for the outback. this was the result of camping in Wisconsin at -5 below when the hinges iced over and froze. warmer in the snowbank than the zero insulated cargo trailer. used it as a firefighter rehab by circulation through a chill cooler. (not saying I used a beer CO2 box). awesome when you can McGuyver something useful.

rain missed me, nyah nyah. sunny n warm still- taking advantage by mowing lawn and MAYBE weedwhacking for last time this year. well, that is my intention anyway......

good thoughts out to Larry, Trad and all DTR members who need one

Clint!! I am 2 hours from Niagara Falls, PM me if any questions or activity advice. help ya all I can!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:58 AM

The plan is to put in all 12V heaters, about 30 amps worth. All the lighting in the trailer is led, so the load on the batteries is a few amps for lighting, 18 for the furnace, a couple of amps for various controls. 250 amp hour battery bank should hold it up for 4 hours worst case. 60 amp charger, and either shore power or auxiliary generator will hold it forever. 40 amp charging circuit from the tractor should almost hold it up while driving.

I like the idea of an engine coolant circuit through hydraulic connectors to handle the heating while driving. Might do that when I get time.

Another upgrade would be to put in thermocouples and a custom controller (Arduino probably) to greatly conserve electricity. It could run on 10 amps or less for 25° still weather for instance.

I don't plan to do much winter camping, but I may have to travel through some cold to get to where I will anchor.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:00 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Warm and light rain, calm winds. Got the yard all cleaned up.
JWBM, that's a warm idea. My trailer could use some heat. Could also stand to be insulated.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:49 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - coffee and ph00 are on the counter - fresh and hot. Come get it.

Off and running............................
Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings

Quick Reply: The leaves are changing Breakroom 11OCT - 17OCT