Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Late Start Breakroom 8/23/15 - 8/29/15

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Evening all. Flying by for a check in. Got to run to the store but should be back in a few.
Hey Arthur T-Raddy! how the heck are ya? REALLY good to see you old friend
Old 08-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by patdaly

I wish I could find a 30,000 gallon tank around here somewhere they weren't using, it would be nice to have one to fill at these prices, guys paying less than 40 cents a gallon by the rail car.
My Son is a Supervisor with the Railroad, let me know where the nearest spur is and we will drop off a old propane car for you...then if you can find tires for it we can pull it home with your truck
Old 08-24-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
LOL, Just filled mine at .899 a gallon, plus sales tax...... For once I am not hollering. Last winter there were times it was over 4 bucks a gallon.

I wish I could find a 30,000 gallon tank around here somewhere they weren't using, it would be nice to have one to fill at these prices, guys paying less than 40 cents a gallon by the rail car.
Used Propane Storage Tanks For Sale
Old 08-25-2015, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For some reason this site makes my phone browser crash. Just this one. And it keeps opening "related topic" automatically.
I don't know why I keep liking the psycho witches. Last night this one got caught lying and I'm the bad guy. I've seen it before. That's how my mom is.
So my theory is that every so often I need reminded I really do not want someone who's gonna treat me like my mom treated dad.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks like the format has changed on here... I'm getting those 'related topics' threads in this thread too. They're old threads. Also more ads in more places. I do not encounter this on other sites.

Allturd phoo goo and a myriad of eats from several different restaurants... I used Lary's credit cards.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:11 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, forum/sit5e changed. me not likey. ads haunt me. forget it on the phone.

T RAD!!! long trip to the store? got a better offer? miss ewe..

propane tank. janitor scott always wanted to make a submarine outta one.

another rail tank in Illinois? would pat really notice? muh hahah

gumbyed, more flexible than beyonce. wow.

so busy, had to charge my cell phone twice this morning. ready for a nap.

enjoy Fiver, treat that back nicely! nice to see posts!!! yay
Old 08-25-2015, 03:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It must be my week in the barrel. All week I've had to tend to putting out the typical fires at work. I was finally seeing headway today. Just about time to grab my hat and the boss walks in with a stack of papers. Turns out my civilian side of the house is getting audited by the State and the Guard Bureau. The warning order said it had been 15 years since the outfit got audited. No wonder I can't find records, I wasn't even there then! The best part? Sometime between Aug to EOM of Sept. Nothing like plenty of time to worry!

I guess I have time to look up the Army manuals they reference. That ought to be fun since I have no connection to the Army whatsoever?????

Why did I decide on the Gold badge??? At this point, just about ready to stay home and twist wrenches and spend my fortune flying. (Won't take long )
Old 08-26-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow!

Hi!

Bye!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crickets.....
Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Fly by........zoom
Old 08-27-2015, 06:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Here is your daily coffee and ph00.

Good morning from Paradise. Been too busy to get here lately, but made it today. Not sure why yet. Reading back a few posts, I see that things are about "normal" here. As expected.

JWBM, I see that you have learned half a lesson. When you take a nap, it does not mean that it is necessary to work twice as hard the next day. Try taking a nap every day and not working quite so hard. Stop driving yourself so hard. What are you, a masochist? (Note to myself. Try following the same advice.)

Was at a funeral on Tuesday night. Very sad situation. Young woman 40 years old. Had MS for the last 20 years. Lovely, very positive Christian, even tho all she could move was her left hand. She lived with the mother who is an alcoholic. Father long gone. The young woman died unexpectedly some time on Sunday night or Monday morning. Nobody knows for sure, but it appears that the mother may have been on one of her drunken binges and while she was passed out, the daughter may have choked to death. Later the mother revived and once she found her dead daughter, then tried to kill herself with pills and booze. Another daughter (married) and the maid found the two of them. The mother was taken to a hospital and was 'stabilized' but by the time of the funeral, still had not regained conscious.

Discovered that the new LED tube lights are very good. In one of my bathrooms an old two tube florescent light over the sink and mirror had died. Can't get that style of tube any more. Replaced them with one T8 18 watt LED tube. Now have just as much light with the one LED tube as I had with two power hungry florescent tubes. No more ballast either. Not that expensive, only about US$13 for the complete setup. Now that I have seen how well this works, have two more bathrooms to modify.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Mmmm Coffee

Thanks Stan...back to work
Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM

Hey, I can't believe it. Coffee's on before noon. Thanks Stan. There's a gazillion A27 led's out there. Which one are you raving about.

Started morning working with a Chinese immigrant in CA. (apparently) Sent him an e-mail about an LED I bought that got lost in the mail. His reply asked me to try reversing the connection first. Man it's tough to compose a reply when I'm laughing so hard I can't see.

I have a couple of LED's coming from China, and the one from CA that's a COB unit. I need to re-lamp the camper, destined for much boondocking, so power consumption is important. Need 12V T10 adapted flat units.

I have noticed in my digital travels that LED longevity is greatly increased, especially in the newest COB versions.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Hey, I can't believe it. Coffee's on before noon. Thanks Stan. There's a gazillion A27 led's out there. Which one are you raving about.

Hey, you could try putting on the coffee before noon .....!!!

The florescent tubes I threw out were about 4 feet long. The new LED is about the same length. Sorry, that is all the info I have.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey, you could try putting on the coffee before noon .....!!!

The florescent tubes I threw out were about 4 feet long. The new LED is about the same length. Sorry, that is all the info I have.
Thanks for the info. I'll get back to the screw based search on my own.

Quick Reply: The Late Start Breakroom 8/23/15 - 8/29/15