Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Labor Day Breakroom 9/6-9/12

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Ok, I know you have a copy, post it up!
It was funny but the real hoot was in the Hotel elevator we were on...the thing stopped on a floor to let people on and before the door opened I spun around and faced the rear corner like a child on time out..without saying a word Scotty did the same thing in the other rear corner...the door opened two people got on and acted like there was not 650lbs of men standing in the corner with their noses to the wall

I swear it I am not lying who the hell gets on a elevator with that much unstable beef if they don't have to?

As I recall they never even stopped talking like it happens everyday
Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did a nice memorial service for the Fallen. no poiticians, went well.

fought with everything mechanical today. put things right

Police: Man attempted to carjack off-duty officer | WHEC.com

hope that loads correctly. better then the elevator. you can't unsee that two men thingy......
Old 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah it was like we were twi...

I was thinking how the heck can these people think it's normal for two guys to be wedged into the corners.

Reminds me of my elevator ride at the Vegas airport. All I said was I shouldn't have had Mexican food last night...and I had almost half the elevator to myself. Swift but silent and deadly...lol
Old 09-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Friday all y'all (9/11 anniversary notwithstanding), Stan - Mother Nature is no less confusing way up here in southern Alberta. Yesterday and today are in the mid 80's and then Sunday we get rain and drop down to the low 40's. Sheesh.
I tried to pop in and write something over the last couple of days but every time I was here I ended up with awful visions of hairy leggggs dancing around and even worse I saw then up on a barre.
DW and I dug this year's spuds over the last 2 days. We wanted to get them out before the rain and cold get here on Sunday. We got at least 500 lbs of Yukon Golds, it has been one of our best year ever for spuds. Carrots did not do well this year.
Have a happy and safe Friday evening you 'uns.
TG67 - out
Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Not going to mention any names, but some of you ain't right! However, I will admit that your strange antics are somewhat entertaining - from a distance.

Yesterday the forecast was for possible showers. Those "possible showers" resulted in 1.5 inches of rain last night with flooding in some areas. It's been a nice day all day, some cloud, but also lots of blue sky with decent temperatures. Will see what Mother Nature dishes up in the middle of night. She has been acting kind of erratic and unpredictable lately.

FedEx delivered my new clutch kit this afternoon. Surprised that they handle a package that weighs about 100 pounds.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The Magnum was getting hard to start. On a whim, I cut the filter in half and found it full of rust. The tank was cleaned and lined, so the only thing left was the steel hardlines. Ran all new rubber end to end, new fuel pump, and couple "wrench this" things while i was under the car. Started up and ran fine. I even found the intermittent "tinkle" that has been really bugging me. Turned out to be the exhaust valve thingy on the manifold. The return spring is too loose.

Tomorrow I clean the shop. How can one little job make such a mess????
Old 09-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Just got a call from the Coroner...my real twin was found dead today....been gone about a week before they found him...looks like I am headed back to California.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Lary, sorry to hear that. My prayers will go with you.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lary, Sorry for your loss. A special prayer for you is on the way.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Lary,

First, my condolences. Not fun to loose loved ones, especially that close bond that can exist between twins. Second, know that we are praying for you and his family also. God knows, understands and can be a source of strength and peace.

Bob
Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Very sorry for the loss of your real twin Lary. God's Speed and keep in touch.

Today we will hit 30C or 90F range. Past few nights have had frost advisories.
Of course what TG67 gets, we get the next day. So back to chilly weather starting tomorrow.

Sean, how many hills of Yukon's? Nice winter stash!

My uncle in Vancouver had limited space for growing. He would still get a big harvest from six hills. As soon as the plants would show he'd set an old tire on top, then fill with dirt. He'd go four tires high. Several pounds and dozens of spuds from each hill.
His soil was from his compost blended with garden soil.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Very sorry for the loss of your real twin Lary. God's Speed and keep in touch.

Today we will hit 30C or 90F range. Past few nights have had frost advisories.
Of course what TG67 gets, we get the next day. So back to chilly weather starting tomorrow.

Sean, how many hills of Yukon's? Nice winter stash!

My uncle in Vancouver had limited space for growing. He would still get a big harvest from six hills. As soon as the plants would show he'd set an old tire on top, then fill with dirt. He'd go four tires high. Several pounds and dozens of spuds from each hill.
His soil was from his compost blended with garden soil.
Scotty, we had 4 rows of spuds and each row was 150 feet long. The hills are about 4 feet apart. I would estimate that we had 160 plants. We have tried many types of spuds over the years and have settled on Yukon Golds. The grow well, they grow near the surface and don't run far away from the seed potato (some grow many feet in every direction), they are good potato for either fries or mashed and they store really well.

Lary - sorry about your loss, thoughts and prayers from here.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:29 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry- prayers sent from here - Sorry for your loss .