Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Kind of freaked out.... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/kind-freaked-out-331032/)

NJTman 10-11-2018 11:19 AM

Kind of freaked out....

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...0e142b8fb7.jpg
Okay...

Back in 2015, exactly 35 years to the day my next older brother died, my Oldest brother died (I had 3 brothers). When Steve passed in 1980, I never would have imagined that the eldest brother (Ricky) of mine would life much longer, never mind 35 years to the day, Steve died. That's not the strange part.

I was awakened up in the middle of the night when Ricky passed. I hadn't spoken to him in about 2 years before he died, as things weren't good between us. When I woke up, I sat there for a few minutes, recalling a dream which awoke me. Normally, I have to pee which would have me up in the middle of the night, but I didn't, and the wife asked me.. "what are you doing ? ..... why are you sitting up at 3am in bed ?"

Told her that I had a dream, Ricky died. It wasn't but a few weeks later, my first brother's son texted me (he's in the army) that he heard that Ricky died (from his daughter). I was freaked out then, because I had zero contact with any family member which would have told me that Ricky had passed from the cancer that ravaged him for the previous 5 years. Although, I was relieved that he was gone, I couldn't help but not comprehend as to why I experienced someone passing away, some 535 miles away, with no knowledge of his current condition at the time.:conf:

Fast forwards to Tuesday, this week.

My brother Ricky left behind his wife of 30+ years. Because of the family separating after my mother passed, I haven't seen, heard or anything from them since before Ricky passed. Again, out of site, out of mind..... well almost..

On Tuesday, I was awakened up in the middle of the night, and sat up. Wife again, asked... "what's wrong?".

I told her that I had a dream about my middle Brother Gerald, coming to our house, and trying to convince me to sell my 1968 Plymouth Barracuda, as it was rotting away in my yard. Well, I sold that car for nothing back in 2007 when I bought my class 8 work truck (needed the space). I didn't think much about it, until today, when I decided to google my brother's wife's name. The reason I'm kind of freaked out is because she died on Tuesday from a long bought of liver cancer. She was diagnosed, 20 years ago, with hepatitis, and was warned to lay off the booze. She ignored the warnings, but hell, she got another 20 out of it, eh ?

So Now, again, I'm faced with the idea that I had a dream about someone in my family who then someone died on that day of that dream... I only have one brother left, and he's a part I will NEVER reconnect with, as I cannot tolerate his presence, or the thought of his presence.

I guess I have to pay attention to my dreams, as that rotten bastard is the next one on the "I kill you" mentally linked list....
:)

Ugh..... I feel all weird and I'm not liking it..:(

madhat 10-11-2018 04:42 PM

I've been there, man. I've had some weird dreams, they're something else. Can't do anything to control them, just talk about them with friends, it helps you come to terms.

If you have a dream about me, give me a call, would ya?

Ol-dodge 1992 10-12-2018 08:11 AM

Apparently if NJT has a dream about you it's to late to call ya

Sometimes we can condition our minds to "expect" or "anticipate" certain things/outcomes that we want and then connect a bunch of dots to then prove our expectations/anticipations

However, I'm in the same club of having strange dream/ideas of folks I've had zero contact with for years ... only to find out they were going through some really hard times (not death... but definitely really hard times)

I personally believe the Lord often used our dreams and subconscious mind to prompt us about things we ought to take care of... people we ought to reach out to... etc...

I'm not an expert... I've pastored a small Baptist church for the past 10 yrs. and have been in the ministry for 20yrs. ... have seen and talked to a lot of people that have gone through very similar things as NJT... your mileage may vary but, don't ignore the possibility

Keep the dodge on the road!!

SD

SIXSLUG 10-20-2018 10:32 AM

I get crazy de ja vu and can usually relate it back to a surreal dream that are so realistic I startle myself awake. Only happens occasionally but the similarities to real life events are freaky. Example: As a child I dreamed of walking around under an airplane in a cavern with my Grand dad. There was water running through the cavern and I looked up to see a hole in the bottom of the plane with a jaguar front leg and paw hanging out of it. My grandfather had a jaguar tattooed on his left forearm and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He looked down and said "don't touch that". Last winter we placed a foundation down on the channel at Bellingham bay to house a relic from the old GP site known as the acid ball. It was used in processing wood pulp for toilet paper. Its a huge riveted panel steel ball that weighed supposedly 300,000 lbs and stands on 8 legs made from girder iron. After it was placed my crew went to check it out. Well I walked under it and looked up. There was a 1 foot square panel cut out of the iron revealing the concrete liner with a 3" diameter core drilled through it. I got the feeling of revisiting the dream from 45 years ago as the old white haired city inspector said to me"don't put your hand in there". I know it's not exactly the same but the similarities took me back to that dream. Off subject but weird...