Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Kickin it in 2016 Breakroom Jan03-Jan09

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 04:52 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
We noticed!!!!!!!!!!!.....................

Oh wait - - I wasn't either!!!!!!!!!!...........
Hanyday Igonow ugonow
Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Hanyday Igonow ugonow
NO- - - - ugonalredy!!!!! ...........

Place very clean this morning - - no traffic. Lots of coffee and ph00 left -- NO, I threw it out and cleaned pots and made fresh for today. Just brought sprinkles today - - bunch in the dumpster behind Dunkin Donuts shop.

Igonow.............................
Old 01-07-2016, 06:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
I wasn't either. Wonderful intelligent, enlightening conversations in this breakroom!

Good morning from a cool breakroom. Must be winter as the temperature only got up to 21C for the last couple of days. May need to stop wearing shorts when I go outside.

Leaving tomorrow to go and spend the weekend in Guadalajara. Really do not want to go, but a family member is celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary and there is going to be a big party. For a change will not drive, but will take the bus. It is a 4.3 hour trip and the bus (about the same if I drove) for two of us is less than half of the cost of fuel and tolls. This is a luxury tour bus with every comfort. In any case, do not enjoy driving in Guadalajara as half the streets have no signs. A GPS does help, but .....!

Where can I find a decent cup of coffee?
Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
OK, that does it - - no more good fresh coffee from me anymore until your puss is in and out of here..................................

Hey, have fun. Guad is a neat place from all I have seen. Got close, but no marbles.

.............................???????????? HMMM?????
Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Brings back memories. FIL used to go south to Texas, with excursions into Mexico. He brought me some coffee once, bragging about how good it was. It had a taste that I can only guess was donkey dung. A couple of weeks later he was visiting and asked what I thought of it, so I served him a cup.

Man, did he turn red..... and get apologetic.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
When I moved to Mexico in 2000 I used to live a 20 minute drive from Guad, so visited there quite often. It's OK, but I prefer to stay out of large cities.

Some of the Mexican coffee can be somewhat less palatable than others, but on the whole, it is now pretty good.

Just to keep some of you amused, I used to live in Ajijic (Ah-hee-heek) and here are some of the daily goings on there; AJIJIC News Calendar, Home Ajijic News - AjijicNews.com This place on Lake Chapala has a very large Canadian and American retirement community. It is very popular with the snowbirds.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I figured I'd come in here for a cup as some scurrly dog mad PH00 in the pot at work last night. It's a big bunn machine. Currently, both pots and the filter holder are soaking in big batch of soapy water with a huge dose of salt. By the time I get back to work, MAYBE the "yuck" will be gone. Everyone knows you NEVER wash the pots, but jeez!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 AM

Good morning to all the diesel sniffers - - yeh, and the gasoline freaks too. Fresh Dunkin Donuts coffee, both regular and ph00 are a brewing - - come get it. ...............................................

Wifey made some Baked French Toast for our company and made an extra pan for us here. Brought it in. Wow is it good. Either like it is or maybe just a touch of maple syrup - - brought a small bottle of that also. Enjoy.

Off to prep for our company for the weekend. Big gathering again this Saturday out at the ranch. Daughter's son is in the army and home for one week leave before heading out to Pakistan. He is bringing our 6 week old great granddaughter (and wife) with him. This is our first blood "great", so, big event for us. We have two step greats also. Jax son/wife coming, sisters, aunts, uncles, you name it. Should be fun time. So you won't see me probably until Monday. Behave.

BusyBob
Old 01-08-2016, 07:10 AM

Bobby- Have fun with the babies! remember it is now your job to spoil them rotten!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Rise and Shine! Coffee and phoo for all of ewe!

i go now
Old 01-09-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Busy this morning filling out company forms I have to turn in Monday that they sent out Friday night after every one went home.
Temps warmed 20° overnight, from 10° to 30°. Starting to get some rain.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:31 PM

Spent the day doing little chores around the house. Rain coming in the next little while and then turns to "maybe" our first measurable snow this year. The ground is way to warm for anything to last, but at least if will confirm it's winter.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Spent most of the day getting the Honda up on ramps. Had to thaw out cheap light floor jacks so they'd work in the cold. Had to thaw out myself several times also.

I did that because i couldn't spot the starter from the top. Got it in the air and crawled under it and there was no starter there. Went to U-toob and found a video on starter replacement. The starter is hidden under the battery and intake air system, as well as hoses, AC lines, cables, and harness. Looks like any disjointed midget magician would have little trouble with it.

So tomorrow while the Vi-Queens are testing their new underwear, I'll be trying to change out a starter I can't really see.

I might as well dump the oil and change it while it's up in the air. probably take about an hour to get most of the oil out of the pan.

Gotta get it going so I can take mama to her Hopsital appointment Tuesday. Ain't no way I'm going to get the beast in a parking ramp, or turn it over to a valet parking attendant.