Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's New Week Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
It's spring y'all, don't ya know,
Do no more pics of stuff called "snow"!
No more chilly breezes please
Or colds that mske me want to sneeze!
Instead I wish for soft warm day
Where bikini'd girls on beaches play
Where sweat trickles cross the brow
CRAP LOOK OUT ITS THAT FLYING COW!!!!!!!
UHHHHH - - - are you asking where in Florida to come? My lawn was just covered with spoonbills - -- may 50 or so of them, looking for goodies. There was probably 150 more across the street in the neighbors yards. Spring is strong down here, flowers blooming and critters wandering. Pulled an 8' gator out of one of our subdivision lakes over the weekend. Yeh, tough having to wear my shorts and Tee shirt again. Hate it. ......................

Oh yeh, the beaches are loaded with the bikini girls from college for spring break. Hard to take. Hate it...........
Old 03-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee and phoo fresh in the pots, fresh baked cinnamon rolls on the counter enjoy!
Old 03-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee and phoo fresh in the pots, fresh baked cinnamon rolls on the counter enjoy!
No cinnamon rolls.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:55 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scotty
No cinnamon rolls.
I wanted me a cinnamon roll
But someone took them all!
Now my heart sings sad laments, and wears a greyish pall.
No sticky sweetness is for me, nor
Warm soft gooey bread
I go on with my daily chores,
My longing left unfed.
Oh how I yern for that roll,
That sweet delicious bun
Without that warm and tender bite
My day is without sun...,,

There!!
See what ya did Scotty?

Spent the weekend finishing updating the plumbing
The cast iron sewer/drain pipes from the 1940's were showing bad corrosion so they've all been cut out and replaced with schedule 40 PVC
The house is supplied by a 1 1:4 pipe from the meter, that was reduced immediatly inside the foundation to a half inch flex copper! Thst was supposed to supply 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and laundry on three floors?!?!
It's been replaced with a one inch service main feeding 3/4 supply to each point of service, all in nice clean Pex lines.
Pressure now regulated to 48psi and everything is ready to start actuslly remodeling and making it livable.
I'm only having one issue remaining with the plumbing and it's got me stumped
Kitchen faucet is brand new, supply lines are new, shut offs are new and its recieving 48 psi pressure,
When you turn on the tap, barely a trickle comes out intoll you tap the spray handle on/off, then it works fine..,
Old 03-22-2016, 02:38 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
The brand new rubber doohicky in the brand new faucet set is brand new fuddled up.

r-r warranty time.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
The brand new rubber doohicky in the brand new faucet set is brand new fuddled up.

r-r warranty time.
Naw, the doohickey is hickey-ing...aka the diverter valve is opening else it wouldn't be an intermittent issue.
Did the same on the old faucet, hence the brand new one
Old 03-22-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like an air trap of some kind. Don't really understand, but can you put a "T" on the line with about 3 or 4 inches of capped pipe above the source to the tap? might give a cushion for the trapped air.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by sherod
Sounds like an air trap of some kind. Don't really understand, but can you put a "T" on the line with about 3 or 4 inches of capped pipe above the source to the tap? might give a cushion for the trapped air.
Hmmmm
Could be ... I'll try that
Old 03-22-2016, 04:41 PM

No cinnamon rolls.
GRIPE - - - GRIPE - - - GRIPE. Boy, what is with you???? Just gunna have to come up there and - - - - and - - - - go fishing with ya. YEH.

Warm soft gooey bread
My longing left unfed.
That sweet delicious bun

There!!
See what ya did Scotty?

The cast iron sewer/drain pipes from the 1940's were showing bad corrosion so they've all been cut out and replaced with schedule 40 PVC
The house is supplied by a 1 1:4 pipe from the meter, that was reduced immediatly inside the foundation to a half inch flex copper! Thst was supposed to supply 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and laundry on three floors?!?!
It's been replaced with a one inch service main feeding 3/4 supply to each point of service, all in nice clean Pex lines.
Pressure now regulated to 48psi and everything is ready to start actuslly remodeling and making it livable.
Kitchen faucet is brand new, supply lines are new, shut offs are new and its recieving 48 psi pressure,
When you turn on the tap, barely a trickle comes out intoll you tap the spray handle on/off, then it works fine..,
Yeh, see what I mean Scotty lulu.

Naw, the doohickey is hickey-ing...aka the diverter valve is opening else it wouldn't be an intermittent issue.
Did the same on the old faucet, hence the brand new one
Me thinks it is the gizmo that has the hickups, and burps when it feels like it. A TUM will not help that, either. ............

Hey, tired - - been working in the yard since 7:30 this morning - - back is killing me. Getting too old for this crawling and stooping and bending over pulling weeds - - - - should be out playing golf or fishing - - much better for me -- - and better for my attitude. ................................................OK -- - that is better for my attitude also.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know if I've announced it on here or not, but I've got a new job. They been keeping me busy throwing all the work at me I can handle due to only working half days at my old job since Christmas. Best week there since was 36 hours.

First 2 weeks I worked around the old job, til they told me to go ahead and go to the new one full-time. And with some of what I've been hearing, I'm quite glad I'm no longer there.

It's nice having a bit of a challenge thrown at me now and again. Last Monday I backed a trailer in the shop and changed out a couple wheel studs. Had to go clear to Grand Island (over 100 miles) to get new ones (Wilson didn't even have them in stock, another trailer shop did), so I picked up some other parts while there. Took the boss's Cummins. Not sure the year but that thing is dangerous. Pulled out to pass a bread truck and a couple cars, looked down beside the second car and let off the pedal doing 70. Looked down beside the bread truck and was doing 90. And it didn't even kick down out of OD. I did have to flip the headrest, whose brilliant idea was it to shape them dang things so they beat you in the back of the head with every slight imperfection in the pavement??

The week before I was handed a u-joint and an exhaust manifold gasket set for an N14 and told "Stuart's right there if you have any questions". Stuart's the guy who does most of the mechanicing.

Baled some hay in February, too.

The boss has a cute daughter. If I was just 10 years younger. Got 14 years on her and still I can't hardly talk like a semi-intelligent being around her. Oh, well, not too worried about it. I asked someone else out last weekend. Yup, pretty much the same result as always. One of these days I'll just quit bothering.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Warm soft gooey bread
My longing left unfed.
That sweet delicious bun

There!!
See what ya did Scotty?

Sorry I ate all the buns that were hot.
I truly care and feel so bad, NOT.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM

Your lack of remorse is no real surprise
And at least your truthful and not telling lies
Cinnamon rolls do beg to be eaten
And to the treats I was fairly beaten
So todsy we have biscuits smothered in gravy
Made by a cook who learned in the navy
Have a big helping, please don't be shy
I'm off to the bakery, donuts to buy
Old 03-23-2016, 07:45 AM

Sure, take care of yourself and not even make some coffee - - - or ph00 - - or maybe put on some water to heat - - or - - - whatever. ............

OK, coffee and ph00 are on along with some apple fritters - - (don't let big boy know or they will all be gone - - - - gggrrrrr)

Off to cardio guy this morning to see if I have been a good boy. Then back to the house to finish up the spring trim, weeding, fertilize and mulch in the front. Oh rats - - just realized there are three more sides to my house - - bummer.......

......................................have some fun today, someone needs to.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:37 AM

The BOSS is unhappy with our current yard
And wants the lawn smooth and flat as a card.
So yesterdsy i mounted my wee little tractor
And with a box blade those bumps I did fracture.
I tore off the grass and the soil is leveled,
But now the yard looks more than disheveled
Bare dirt now shows were none should be seen
The wife dislikes brown and wants it all green
So tonight I will cover it all with grass seed,
A good healthy lawn is what I now need
This is what I've got planned for the day
I'd rather be fishing but the BOSS says " no way"
Old 03-23-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Thanks for the fritters dependable Bobby. I managed to beat the club bards to the treats.
I'm a long way from lawn mowing, but a little green is showing up here and there. Looks like the snow storm for today is hitting 120 miles south of me. Rochester is going to get about a foot of slop over ice.

My clay slip driveway is actually mostly clear of frost already. Now to get the water out the holes my flower child (blooming idiot) child made driving in when I told him not to and level it off. I'll get a couple of pickup loads of class 1, patch the low spots, and if I can afford it get a few real loads of top gravel hauled in and graded out.

Been having racoons raiding the bird feeder. Set out a live trap for the rascals last night. Caught the cat. Messed his mind up so bad he didn't even eat the fish in the bait tray.

Quick Reply: It's New Week Breakroom