Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's a new week breakroom 10/7 - 10/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
With so much bad news, concentrate on this for a few moments.
The Chiefs were playing the Raiders.
Your Muslim president had eliminated the patriotic military flyovers at large events.
A group of guys in Kansas City who do some formation flying in their own planes, decided that they would volunteer to take up the slack. They invited a couple of other groups to join them and before they knew it had 48 guys with their own airplanes signing up to join in. If they had more time, they would have probably gotten an even larger group and a 49th was added at the last moment.

Best if you watch this video at 'full screen'.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Hey Stan, this is much more moving to me than a display flown by folks ordered to do it, paid by the taxpayer to return a favor to some lobbyist for financing a regional election.

I don't really care about "patriotic" except for my fatherland... but I can and do value and emphasize the feeling in other countries.
Maybe I am a born and learned Austrian- but I value things much higher if they are given at cost instead of ordered as a standard procedure.
I was in the Austrian Air Force (don't laugh) in a clerical function (you may smile, no grins) - we had a significant part of the budget allotted to "present" our branch of the military.

Flyovers at sporting events were, according to the pilots "useless flying straight ahead" and a source for a lot of bureaucratic bickering if the hours should be written as "training" or "representation".

But those private pilots just do it, pay their own fuel and maintenance, take their time off to train.. they do care!
As long as a country has people who care all hope is not lost.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Great post, Stan. Sorry you didn't like our Muslim president - - - we didn't like him either. He had no concept of America first like our present president has.
That display of air support was very unique and beautiful - - and probably much quieter. Thanks.
Too late for breakfast - - sorry - - was on the computer all morning on business issues. Everything else went screwball all day but did get a lot done.
Heading in for supper - - rump is sore from sitting except for my exercise hour. See ya morry.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Bob, thanks for your good comments about that airshow. I thought that it was quite moving. Having done some formation flying and flying in airshows, that one caught my eye.

Coffee and ph00 is ready. That big jug of carrot juice in the fridge is freshly made, so hurry up and get your share before it vanishes. This batch is made with a touch of real ginger, so is extra healthy. Discovered that dragons do not like carrot juice or coffee.

Been making a new headache rack for my truck. Made one years ago, but once I installed a box in the box, there was no room for the rack. Yesterday dismantled the old rack and have engineered a new one using the steel from the old one. It is a bit difficult as the post holes in the front of the box are now covered by the box and the opening of the lid interferes with the diagonals. Got it figured out, but it sure is different. It will work to stop denting the cab roof when I carry long loads.

Waiting for daylight so that I can go and try to finish the job.

Ciao.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:46 AM

Wow, carrot juice --- - have not had carrot juice in years. Excellent for you. Ya did, buddy. I knew you were a good man. Stan, the man. And ph00 - - - double wow (wow-wow). Filled my mug and grabbed a BIG juice glass - - glug glug. Yeh, yummy. ……………......…………..and ph00...…………...……………..great way to start my day.

Been on the stupid computer all morning trying to figure out where this crazy market is going. We have been spoiled by Trump. So easy to get complacent and just have fun and ignore the obvious. Was quite happy seeing the results of the changes I made yesterday.

Refill and hit the road - - have not had breakfast yet so think I will have the blonde make me a big omelet - - yeh, and some fresh cut up fruit. Good way to start the day.
Hey, have a good day, may it be productive and a happy one for you. …….
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 AM

My wife and I start our day with a glass of fresh juiced carrot juice. It takes 5 -6 carrots to make one glass of CJ, so that translates to a huge bag of carrots coming back from the grocery store every week. Fortunately they are very cheap. We add a few stalks of celery to the juicer plus a bit of ginger, so each glass is extra healthy. Tastes good too.

Looks like it may rain this afternoon, so am rushing to try to finish up my new headache rack. Not going to get a headache if I do not finish as there is always next week. One of the perks of retirement .....
Old 10-12-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Windy, rainy, blustery week. At least I got to work on airplanes. I think I'll start the book shelves this weekend.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:12 AM

Another week has blown by. Amazing. Breakfast is on the counter awaiting your arrival. Scrambled eggs, southern grits, patty sausage, English Muffins with various N. Carolina jams, Fresh Florida Orange juice, grape juice, apple juice, coffee AND ph00 - - - ph00...…….

Have to teach class tomorrow, so busy wrapping up their lesson and getting it printed. Have a great day and enjoy breakfast. …………………..

Bob
Old 10-13-2018, 06:52 AM

Nice breakfast. Too big for so early, so will come back later and hope something is left. No carrot juice! Oh well, suppose that fresh Florida OJ once in a while will still be good. Bob, yuh dun gud!

Just waiting for daylight and then heading outside so try to finish up the new headache rack on my truck. Got the main part completed, but still have to design one part and build it. Need a bigger workshop! To do that will need a larger property. To do that will need lots more cash. To have that will need to go back to work again. On second thoughts am thankful for my small workshop.

Talking of working again, am often puzzled at how life works. Now that I have made a firm decision to retire, have been receiving requests to go back to work in Canada. The first one was to join a company that I have never worked for. Good job and good money, BUT, I had to commit for a minimum of 5 years as this is a new project and they did not want changes in personnel mid way. The second one came two weeks ago and asked if I could fill in for someone who was going to be off work for 8 months. A contract position and excellent money, but there were some problems with this, so turned it down. The last one came just last week and was for right in my city. A large international company and a similar job I did with them many years ago when they first expanded to Mexico. Waiting for them to see how far they twist my arm. So far that is also a no. Enjoying the far to busy retired life.

Off to make myself a carrot juice and rev up the day. My wife will be back tomorrow night.

Ciao.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:13 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Another week has blown by. Amazing. Breakfast is on the counter awaiting your arrival. Scrambled eggs, southern grits, patty sausage, English Muffins with various N. Carolina jams, Fresh Florida Orange juice, grape juice, apple juice, coffee AND ph00 - - - ph00...…….

Have to teach class tomorrow, so busy wrapping up their lesson and getting it printed. Have a great day and enjoy breakfast. …………………..

Bob
Oooh, Yummy ! I haven't had english muffins in what seems a lifetime. Gotta love foods that will clog your arteries faster than Stan can drink his carrot Juice.

lol

Thanks Bob. Will enjoy myself.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Nice breakfast. Too big for so early, so will come back later and hope something is left. No carrot juice! Oh well, suppose that fresh Florida OJ once in a while will still be good. Bob, yuh dun gud!

Just waiting for daylight and then heading outside so try to finish up the new headache rack on my truck. Got the main part completed, but still have to design one part and build it. Need a bigger workshop! To do that will need a larger property. To do that will need lots more cash. To have that will need to go back to work again. On second thoughts am thankful for my small workshop.

Talking of working again, am often puzzled at how life works. Now that I have made a firm decision to retire, have been receiving requests to go back to work in Canada. The first one was to join a company that I have never worked for. Good job and good money, BUT, I had to commit for a minimum of 5 years as this is a new project and they did not want changes in personnel mid way. The second one came two weeks ago and asked if I could fill in for someone who was going to be off work for 8 months. A contract position and excellent money, but there were some problems with this, so turned it down. The last one came just last week and was for right in my city. A large international company and a similar job I did with them many years ago when they first expanded to Mexico. Waiting for them to see how far they twist my arm. So far that is also a no. Enjoying the far to busy retired life.

Off to make myself a carrot juice and rev up the day. My wife will be back tomorrow night.

Ciao.
Since you're semi retired, can I ask what you did / do for a living? Why do all these companies desire your presence? Are you a male hooker, and these companies are somehow associated with Harvey Weinstein ?

Seriously.... Love to see some photos of your metal working skills. Better have fun before the wife comes home, otherwise you will have her join in, cutting up and welding all that steel.

Just did a repair for a local building supply. Paint shaker broke apart, and I was asked to "fix er". Still sitting here, because the bearings that cause the failure were sent to me in the wrong size, now waiting on new, correct bearings. Hopefully. Sick of looking at this thing.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Since you're semi retired, can I ask what you did / do for a living? Why do all these companies desire your presence? Are you a male hooker, and these companies are somehow associated with Harvey Weinstein ?
Seriously.... Love to see some photos of your metal working skills. Better have fun before the wife comes home, otherwise you will have her join in, cutting up and welding all that steel.

I had what to some extent is a niche job. I helped to build airplanes - big ones. Have worked for McDonnell Douglas, De Havilland, Boeing and Bombardier. Also used to have my own general aviation sales and service company. To put my job in simple terms, I represent design on the production floor. When a plane is designed there are many signatures on a drawing before it is released for production. On the production line, problems occur, sometimes from the design, but most cases production errors. By law all these problems and the 'fix' for the problem needs to be legally recorded. I designed the 'fixes' and my signature on those repairs represented the entire design department. This is a very responsible job with extremely high responsibilities. The official description for this job is Design Liaison Engineer or MRB engineer, a job that probably 99% of the readers here probably did not know existed. I trained all the original Mexican Liaison Engineers and then later spent 2 1/4 years in China training the Chinese Liaison Engineers on the new Bombardier C series aircraft and Q400. When I had my own company ( a Cessna dealership) used to specialize in going to crash sites, making temporary repairs and then personally flying the damaged plane back to my repair base and carry out a permanent repair. Lots of fun. Have Canadian and American commercial multi engine land and sea pilots licenses.

No photos of my metal working skills. Sorry. In any case, hardly do much now.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yum thanks for breakfast! I need to get Stan to sign off on my modifications on my 35ft boat trailer...important to have a man with his stature involved as I tend to fly it pretty close to the ground
Y'all stay safe out there and enjoy your family!
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 AM

Got hungry, so popped back in to partake of BBB - Bob's Big Breakfast. Am surprised to find enough left to have a decent meal. Very filling. Nice. Thanks Bob. Glad I made it before the big eaters arrived, such as Sc.... Will be nice this morning and not go there.

Back to my job. Fantastic weather for working outside. A bit more humidity than usual due to the recent rain, but that will soon go away. We are close to coming out of the rainy season and do not expect much more rain this year.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Very impressive resume, Stan. Sounds like an extremely important and yet satisfying career.

Very interesting job, indeed.