Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

its my birthday this week break room, Apr.8 - Apr 15

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Man - - - everyone around me is having a bunch of birthdays. Sure glad I don't have that many. Tough enough as it is. ...........

Quiet day today. Got some work done, not enough, but some planning and slower fussy stuff - - looking good.

Me heading in early - - nighty nite.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:35 AM

Hey, it's getting late and nothing happening in here yet. OK, I put on fresh coffee and ph00 and brought some fresh sprinkles to keep Lary happy. Off to see my favorite guy - - my dentist. At least he is my favorite on the golf course, but dislike him intensely when in the office. ..........do not like dentists. They just love to make you miserable and hurt.

Here it is...................
Old 04-10-2018, 06:49 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks Bob

Dentists are fun! They take advantage of you, drill a bunch of unneeded holes in your teeth, fill them with silver with bits of mercury, so that when you are old and gray, those teeth fall out.

Since y oh put out the coffee, I'll drop off a box of dog biscuits for your pooches out there. They need a good start to the day as well.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening thanks for the donuts this diet is starving me to death, it might actually get warm enough round here to to some stuff outside this weekend.
​​​​​​​Hope yall have a good one
Old 04-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Had a wonderful time with my dentist. I jumped off the chair when he stuck that probe in the cavity - - he jumped out of his chair. Looked at the XRays again - - gave me my options. Pull it and try it with nothing (next to last molar) - - only $350. How long does that take? Maybe 10 minutes after it is dead. Have a root canal, then repair. $1200. No guarantee it will not have more problems. If I don't like it without the tooth, put in a bridge - - about $1200. I am opting for the pull. I will see if I can live without the dumb tooth. Many more of these and dentures here I come - - but please not on the bottom. Huh uhh.......

Did I ever tell what I think about my dentist? Well, on the golf - - - oh yeh, all ready told ya. Bummer. Hate it. $3000 will pull them all and put in dentures. Hmmmm??????
Old 04-10-2018, 05:15 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hey Bob, for a fraction of that amount, you could fly to Mexico, stay a few days in a good hotel and also have all the work that needs doing. My dentist will pull your tooth for around 200 pesos. We have excellent dentists here. I do not need dental insurance as it is cheaper to just pay the dentist as required.

BTW, I am with you and HATE going to the dentist.

Just came back from a family lunch at a local restaurant celebrating my wife's b'day. No room for a donut, but maybe an ice cream as it melts and runs into all the cavities. Belly cavities - not tooth cavities.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:39 AM

Anyone who claims they enjoy the dentist, is either lying, or a sado masochist.

Fresh pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and a picher of Tang on the counter for all you 1970's retro guys. Coffee, tea and low-fat milk for everyone else.

Can't stop thinking of that hockey team from the Great White North. Overwhelmingly sad to envision it. Saw an aerial photo, and can't help but wonder if the trucker blatantly ignored the stop sign, or just mistakenly pulled out in front of the bus because of poor lighting, bad judgement on the oncoming bus speed, or if the bus driver was driving with no lights on, making it impossible to see him coming. In any event, I'm internally mourning a bunch of kids I never even knew existed before that crash.

Onto a bright, sunny, 50*f day, here in the land of misfit toys, and grateful for yet another moment to be alive and well.
Attached Thumbnails its my birthday this week break room, Apr.8 - Apr 15-humboldt-broncos-bus-crash-graphic.jpg  
Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
That tragedy is in my backyard.
There probably won’t be a determination of the cause for several months. Lots of guessing while the pros do their stuff.

I know some of the folks indirectly through friends and other athletes. Gut wrenching.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM

Boy, that looks nasty. Have not heard about this one, but been working at the other house all day - - no TV there. Sad. What was the casualty count?
What age kids?

Tired tonight. Getting tired of this "fixing up" stuff. Ready to get it on the market and sold.

Morry
Old 04-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 04-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Go fund me Canadian record nearing $8 million.
15 dead
coaches and players
all others were injured many still in hospital

Old 04-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning People! Rise and Shine we got work to do today if we are going to help BusyBob get that house on the market!

Hot coffee and fresh phoo ready, bacon, eggs, hash browns. oatmeal, fresh fruit (not on the stove or in oven) fresh squeezed orange juice and fluffy pancakes come and get it!
Old 04-12-2018, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning People! Rise and Shine we got work to do today if we are going to help BusyBob get that house on the market!

Hot coffee and fresh phoo ready, bacon, eggs, hash browns. oatmeal, fresh fruit (not on the stove or in oven) fresh squeezed orange juice and fluffy pancakes come and get it!
Thanks Lary. I sure do love west VA pancakes. Every time I'm driving through there, I stop and grab some.

Good jabberjaw-in with you yesterday. Great to hear a voice to match they type on the screen I see here daily. You better make yourself some oatmeal and fruit to keep those George Carlin episodes at bay. Lord knows I'll need a knowledgeable fella like yourself to fix something in the future.

Take to dog for a walk around the mountain. Exercise keep you living longer, or so I hear. Stan will send you some healthy food, if need be
Old 04-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Thanks Lary. I sure do love west VA pancakes. Every time I'm driving through there, I stop and grab some.

Good jabberjaw-in with you yesterday. Great to hear a voice to match they type on the screen I see here daily. You better make yourself some oatmeal and fruit to keep those George Carlin episodes at bay. Lord knows I'll need a knowledgeable fella like yourself to fix something in the future.

Take to dog for a walk around the mountain. Exercise keep you living longer, or so I hear. Stan will send you some healthy food, if need be
Heck man I get LOTS of exercise running away from the wife and that frying pan I am getting quicker in my zig zags or she is getting slower I aint quite sure.... but I currently only have 3 bumps on my noggin, that is down from 7 this time last month
Old 04-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Sadly another person died. 16 fatalities

Quick Reply: its my birthday this week break room, Apr.8 - Apr 15