Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's finally winter Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 05:49 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
ZERO and clear this AM. Been another nasty weather week up here. Rain, freezing rain, snow, and freezing fog to boot as the temperature hovered around the freezing mark. Lot of nasty wrecks closing the highways.
All alone at work these days, no one else in the building.
Originally Posted by j_martin
Woke up to -2° F this morning. It'll stay below zero for 72 hours, then below freezing for the foreseeable future. Should start melting before Memorial day.
Originally Posted by Scotty
-42C wind chill here.

CaN't TYpE toO CoLd

These are some of the reasons that I choose to live in Mexico. Who in their right mind wants to live in temperatures and weather like the above?
Today however, we are suffering with 'terrible' cold and for a change I got out of my usual shorts and am wearing long pants. Horrible! Expect tomorrow to be back in shorts when I go outside.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:15 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
These are some of the reasons that I choose to live in Mexico. Who in their right mind wants to live in temperatures and weather like the above?
Today however, we are suffering with 'terrible' cold and for a change I got out of my usual shorts and am wearing long pants. Horrible! Expect tomorrow to be back in shorts when I go outside.
You have parasites, bugs, and other nasty critters down there that we have no knowledge about here. They can't stand the cold.

Some of the critters that thrive here, like walleyes, northern pike, wild turkeys, ring necked pheasants, and white tail deer are very tasty.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
You have parasites, bugs, and other nasty critters down there that we have no knowledge about here. They can't stand the cold.

Some of the critters that thrive here, like walleyes, northern pike, wild turkeys, ring necked pheasants, and white tail deer are very tasty.

Not much in the way of nasty critters in my area, although sometimes I suspect that we have a species of those oversized Alaskan mosquito's. Five of them can carry the average person away, or suck him dry in 37 seconds flat

Will concede that there are a few things up in your frozen north that are good, such as the tasty food that you listed.