Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's finally winter Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:50 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdram
Wow, picked a bad week to check in on the water cooler. As if the coffee wasn't enough to make me sick, someone wants pics of Chaikwa's legs. ~Rob
Thanks a lot - - - see if I make you any more coffee..............................

Morning all - - away and out of here to my favorite place - - the dentist. .............................Nice guy on the golf course, but sure don't like him in his office - - no way, Jose..............

Sorry, but only made ph00 today - - some people don't like my coffee, so fooey on ya.................

Gone,
Bob
Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
What's this phoo goo stuff?
Yuk.
Better make some real coffee before Stanamex shows up and begins his inspection.
There, all done. Fresh brewed coffee, English muffins and some other stuff I found out back.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mmmmmm, coffee!!!!

That's better! I put some old fashioned marmalade and cactus jelly on the shelf. Help yourself!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
What's this phoo goo stuff? Yuk.
You would not understand. Just don't appreciate the finer things of life. Oh well, go to Starbucks, pay five bucks and taste that junk and you will be back crawling on your LEGGS. ....................
Old 01-14-2016, 07:08 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hi from a chilly Paradise. The last few days have been freeeeeeeezing and rainy. Even ditched my usual shorts and wore jeans and a light sweater. Enough of this nonsense. OK, we have had our week of winter, so where is the warm?

Bob, I fully understand your feelings about a dentist. It the one place that drives fear into my heart. Not only does he drain my wallet, but as I gag for nothing, all dentist visits are a major ordeal for me.

j_m, hope your wife is improving.

Any decent coffee around?
Old 01-14-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Thanks Stan. The establishment doctors are guessing and hoping. Not real scientific in my mind. She's in pretty good shape for the shape she's in. Stable and functioning at a reduced level, but not bad enough so it's noticeable. Work tolerance is maybe 20%. Stress tolerance is nil, indicating a hormone problem of some kind. Tomorrow she starts prepping to give blood and pee on Tuesday for a couple of Geneva Lab's panels.

We'll get to the source of the trouble eventually, hopefully soon.

Along the way, we discovered Peptace, which is peptides of bonita, a type of tuna. It's refined more than simple enzyme digestion, and has amazing properties in the area of ACE inhibition, but without the usual side effects. The Japanese have been using it for about 30 years.

My BP's been high normal or low hyper, depending on who's talking and what set of standards they are using at the time. Have been told to go on meds many times. Started Peptace a few weeks ago. BP is center normal for an old phart like me, and some of the subtle effects of blood vessel constriction have disappeared. (wink)

The new normal outdoor temp here for the next month or so is plus or minus zero. It was unusually toasty today at 26° (Fahrenheit) My next chore is to go throw 4 or 5 armloads of oak firewood in the boiler for the night.

The song birds are consuming 25 lbs of sunflower seeds and 15 lbs of suet in 3 weeks. It's almost like feeding teenagers. It takes a lot of fuel to keep them little critters warm.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:35 AM

Morning sniffers. Nuther week is almost history. Wow, getting old way too fast. Someone slow the world down a bit, please.

Made ph00 - - - didn't make the coffee - - too many gripers. Left some more uglies (apple fritters). Man those things are good - - and full of saturated fat. Bummer.

Me gone....................
Old 01-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Fresh Phoo and Coffee for the evening shift....fried apple pies get em while they are hot!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh Phoo and Coffee for the evening shift....fried apple pies get em while they are hot!
Morning all - - finally a beautiful morning after several days of overcast and some strong rain. Lary, you are naughty too - - now there are both apple fritters and fried apple pies sitting here untouched - - coffee and ph00 are still full but cold, so, putting the fire to the drinks and grabbing one of those fatty pies and hitting the road to go out and work in the yard - - way past due. One of my light timers hit the dust, so installing a new one this morning. Of course it had to be one of the front of the house units - - one side been dark for too long.

...............................................Y'all be good and drink some coffee.

Bob
Old 01-16-2016, 07:15 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning everybody. Thanks for the hot drinks and fatty 'food'. Not running fast this morning for a change and it feels very nice. Popped in last night and saw those horribly unhealthy fried apple pies that Lary left, so took two. My fingers were too greasy after that to type.

It's been a particularly busy week. The orphanage that I volunteer at has had a group of 25 workers come down from Manitoba so consequently I have been out there every day this week to help. There is so much work that needs to be done there that a group of 100 would not run out of things to do. Taking the weekend off, but will be back there early on Monday.

There is a bit of cloud here this morning which translates to the entire sky being various shades of pink and reds as the sun comes up. Very pretty, especially with the turquoise between the clouds.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Fever, chills....going back to bed BLAH!
Old 01-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
ZERO and clear this AM. Been another nasty weather week up here. Rain, freezing rain, snow, and freezing fog to boot as the temperature hovered around the freezing mark. Lot of nasty wrecks closing the highways.
All alone at work these days, no one else in the building.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Woke up to -2° F this morning. It'll stay below zero for 72 hours, then below freezing for the foreseeable future. Should start melting before Memorial day.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
-42C wind chill here.

CaN't TYpE toO CoLd
Old 01-16-2016, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
-42C wind chill here. CaN't TYpE toO CoLd
Hey big boy - - - type with your toes. They are on the end of your LEGGS...................................they are so hot your toes will be fine..................

Hey, sorry about the weather. It is 71 today, blue skies. Rain in the morning with high of 72. Cold Monday and Tuesday nights - - way down to 41. BRRR.
Might have to turn on some heat for a while in the night. HORRORS.

Quick Reply: It's finally winter Breakroom