Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   It's the "ah man, is the week starting again" breakroom (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/its-ah-man-week-starting-again-breakroom-314702/)

Totallyrad 10-05-2013 11:35 PM

It's the "ah man, is the week starting again" breakroom

It's that time again!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 3206048)
good for you T raddikins, but shearing type is affected by hardwoods, right?
right speed/angle by type. that from a one armed redneck......lol

Correct on all counts but the toughest issue is the shift from fir to hardwood.

Originally Posted by Shorts (Post 3206035)
Up and at em. Shower. Load up. Continental breakfast at the neighborsthe hit the road. Hattiesburg Mississippi tonight or bust..

Woo Hoo! Time for some traveling music.

slevhansen 10-06-2013 06:15 AM

So I better get stuff done around here, getting back to work monday...that'll be fun, the boss always gets all freaky and stressed out. [laugh]
This halftime workthing better keep going for a long time, I'm still trying to build myself a new cave, and it ain't going very fast [duhhh].

Just for the fun of it, I got my paycheck in the mail the other day, so I looked in the envelope since it felt like there was more in it...and what do I find, a little booklet "welcome to the company".

But I've been here for 15 years for crying out loud

Guess I've been hiding purdy good huh[redface]

Gonna go out in the nice weather, trying to build something.

Slev

chaikwa 10-06-2013 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3206114)
It's that time again!

What'd you eat that you shouldt'a? It was kinda late to be usin' the terlit on any kinda reg'lar schedule!

Mornin' all! Sittin' on the terlit, usin' my laptop... NOW it's that time again! :hehe: <how's THAT for a picture burnt into your brain!>

It is Sunday, October 6th.

1683 - The first Mennonites arrived in America aboard the Concord. The German and Dutch families settled in an area that is now a neighborhood in Philadelphia, PA.

1848 - The steamboat SS California left New York Harbor for San Francisco via Cape Horn. The steamboat service arrived on February 28, 1849. The trip took 4 months and 21 days.

1866 - The Reno Brothers pulled the first train robbery in America near Seymour, IN. The got away with $10,000.

1884 - The Naval War College was established in Newport, RI.

1889 - The Kinescope was exhibited by Thomas Edison. He had patented the moving picture machine in 1887.

1890 - Polygamy was outlawed by the Mormon Church.

1939 - Adolf Hitler denied any intention to wage war against Britain and France in an address to Reichstag.

1961 - U.S. president John F. Kennedy advised American families to build or buy bomb shelters to protect them in the event of a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union.

1973 - Egypt and Syria attacked Israel in an attempt to win back territory that had been lost in the third Arab-Israel war. Support for Israel led to a devastating oil embargo against many nations including the U.S. and Great Britain on October 17, 1973. The war lasted 2 weeks.

1992 - Ross Perot appeared in his first paid broadcast on CBS-TV after entering the U.S. presidential race.

Today's thought:
Something I learned early is to not worry about what I can't control... But what I can control is my attitude, my effort, and my focus every single day.

C0ffee's on. Ph00 t00.

old dog 10-06-2013 08:48 AM

Let`s all bow our heads & prey for america -because i fear she neads it more now than ever . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

FiverBob 10-06-2013 09:13 AM

Morning gang - - back up on my feet somewhat so thought I would harrass you a bit today - - - and grab some ph00...................[coffee]

Originally Posted by old dog (Post 3206134)
Let`s all bow our heads & prey for america -because i fear she neads it more now than ever . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

With ya there, buddy. We are in deep doo doo. Need some major changes starting in the White House, then moving down the street to Congress. Need to clean out about 70% of that building.

OK, gone. More later. Enough for now. More ph00................[coffee]...............[laugh]

Bob

PistolWhipt 10-06-2013 09:22 AM

Holy cow ...the cold front finally moved south. My toes are cold ....SEND FEMA !!! Don't give it a second thought if y'all see me stuff my feet in the microwave ...I reckon I could move them to the side if ya really need to warm up a pastry or something.

Cheers,
PISTOL

Scotty 10-06-2013 09:58 AM

I'm back home for a few hours. Beautiful fall day. I was in 80 plus weather now 32.1 lol
City workers must be grinding out some overtime cuz their here digging up the road again.

Enjoy the day folks.

Hanyday dtronians. [coffee]

FiverBob 10-06-2013 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3206142)
I'm back home for a few hours. Beautiful fall day. I was in 80 plus weather now 32.1 lolHanyday dtronians. [coffee]

Hey, that means you missed that nasty storm that just came thru up that way. I was watching on the TV and wondered if it got that far north. Sure dumped some snow on some areas. Nice down here again today - - just came in from the lanai drinking my ph00 and enjoying the birds singing.

cougar 10-06-2013 10:12 AM

Went out to check on the cabin before winter sets in. Saw some very beautiful scenery and some very stupid people. Rain, snow, ice. Don't understand why our military has to rotate people in and out of the state right at the onset of winter. One guy in a hurry to get to Anchorage lost control and planted his car in the trees. Not the first time I've seen this happen.

railroaderone 10-06-2013 10:25 AM

Morning yall spent yesterday drooling over the new Indian Motorcycles at their demo rides down in charlotte NC gona save me some pennies for a down payment then order one.

Court hearing on Tuesday to decide whats going to happen I want to see my kids but that's up to the judge.

Hopefuly truck is back under its own power this week

Have a good day Latter

NE frmhnd 10-06-2013 11:30 AM

All we got from the storms was 2 days of winds. Thursday night parts of the Platte valley got 8-10 inches of rain, wind, hail, the storm just kinda sat there. The daycab is getting new steer tires. Left one's down a couple more /32s that it should be. Got a couple pivots that need the ripper drug across them before being drilled to wheat. GOt one almost half done and it's only taken 2 days. Going to catch up with a friend who has some used BFG mudders for my pick-up today. One of the coopers I put on in PA got 70 PSI put in it at some point (must have been when the tire shop patched it) and is about bald.

kthiemann 10-06-2013 01:14 PM

Hope ya'll don't mind if I pop in from time to time, going into the body and frame shop in a few weeks to get some joints in my foot screwed together and my knee cut open, that outta be a hoot. [dummy]

twichit 10-06-2013 02:19 PM

uggg Mondays coming ... how s everybody doing?

Tallguy67 10-06-2013 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by kthiemann (Post 3206172)
Hope ya'll don't mind if I pop in from time to time, going into the body and frame shop in a few weeks to get some joints in my foot screwed together and my knee cut open, that outta be a hoot. [dummy]

You are very welcome to pop by. There are enough people around here with messed up tendons, replacement hips (that would be FiverBob) and transplanted brain (that would be T-Rad) that you will fit right in during your post-op receuperative period.

Tallguy67 10-06-2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by twichit (Post 3206178)
uggg Mondays coming ... how s everybody doing?

Twich, I haven't seen you around here in ages. You still having fun tormenting your family members? As for Monday, look at it this way, once Monday is over it is only 4 days until Friday.

You know that whole discussion about whether the glass is half full or half empty, my response always is 'who the heck cares, there is room for more rye'....