Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Ignore List - Anyone Use It?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/ignore-list-anyone-use-65459/)

Hoss 04-04-2005 10:01 PM

Ignore List - Anyone Use It??

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever use the Ignore List or the Buddy List? I found myself placing a guy on another forum on my ignore list one time and ultimately discovered that I STILL read what he had to say just because I got curious every time the little "This person is on your ignore list" popped up next to his name in a thread.

This was a gun related website (GlockTalk.com) and the guy was a complete MORON. After getting tired of reading his nonsense, I put him on my ignore list. But then, every time I saw where he posted something I just had to go see what his latest idiotic comments were regarding us "gun nuts".

And then there's the Buddy List...which as far as I can tell does absolutely nothing. [eyecrazy]

This question popped into my mind tonight as I read yet another one of his anti-gun comments. Is it just me, or doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose??

This session of "Things that Make You Go Hmmmmm" has been brought to you by Hoss :D

**Note: If you are taking the time to read this thread then you are not allowed to add me to your Ignore List. :D

phox_mulder 04-04-2005 10:04 PM

I think using an ignore list would get me fired as a Moderator.

I need that extra income to keep shoes on my kids feet.:rolleyes:

No, I've never used the ignore list on any of the forums I belong to.
If I don't want to read what someone says, I just skip over it.

In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing.

phox

Hoss 04-04-2005 10:12 PM

Originally posted by phox_mulder
In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing.

And I thought you Moderator types knew EVERYTHING. ;)

TxDiesel007 04-04-2005 10:45 PM

No i dont...

there is no need, everyone on here is cool! :D

Tx

BigBlue 04-04-2005 10:47 PM

Agreed. I've never used it on a forum. My AIM buddy list on the other hand is a different story.

Bubba_CTD 04-04-2005 10:51 PM

Haven't used it on any of my forums either... I just know who's posts to skip over. lol

Sidewinder 04-04-2005 10:55 PM

Hoss,

You of all people shouldn't be giving others ideas about an IGNOR list. ;) [laugh]

dssimecek 04-05-2005 12:01 AM

Hoss,

I dunno if the will bake you feel better or worse, but when I was new on this site I clicked on the buddy button and you are on my buddy list. Don't know what it duz.:confused:

kandgo 04-05-2005 06:03 AM

Hoss you are on my buddy list also;) Tempers flaring on a gun site,that cannot be good for anyone!!! Goodluck,,Rick

Hoss 04-05-2005 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Sidewinder
Hoss,

You of all people shouldn't be giving others ideas about an IGNOR list. ;) [laugh]

[laugh] SURELY you're not implying that someone on this board might want to ignore ME. :D

Hoss 04-05-2005 07:21 AM

Hoss,

I dunno if the will bake you feel better or worse, but when I was new on this site I clicked on the buddy button and you are on my buddy list. Don't know what it duz.
Awwww shucks.....we must be buddies. :D

Hoss you are on my buddy list also.
:D

Tempers flaring on a gun site,that cannot be good for anyone!!!
Actually...it's NORMALLY a pretty civil site. Lots of good guys on there....just like this board. Lots of great info available about Glocks and about carrying. However, every once in a while a person will join up and it will be obvious from their very first post that they are very much anti-gun and think that everyone else needs to be too. It's actually kind of funny when they post because you KNOW it's going to be one of those "sit back and grab the popcorn" kind of threads.

;)

DieselDaze 04-05-2005 08:19 AM

Who you guys talking too?
Who's this Hoss guy?

Hmmm, that must be one of the names on my ignore list.

[laugh]
Rich

DieselDaze 04-05-2005 08:22 AM

Originally posted by phox_mulder
I think using an ignore list would get me fired as a Moderator.

I need that extra income to keep shoes on my kids feet.:rolleyes:

phox

Hey! Wait a minute.... you make enough to buy shoes!

LARY! I WANT A RAISE!
(Or at least a bigger office. The leaking gas from the water heater in my current "office" makes me dizzy).

Rich.

spunbearing 04-05-2005 10:41 AM

Have a cigarette dieseldaze.... that'll make ya feel better. ;0)

Dieseldude4x4 04-05-2005 10:53 AM

Yep.