Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   If you're a correctional officer look at this (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/if-youre-correctional-officer-look-245778/)

1qckdodge 06-21-2009 01:06 AM

If you're a correctional officer look at this

I love my job, but man I work with guys just like this, and after a 16 hour shift I might have done it a time or two[laugh].
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QG_IX4PdA

madhat 06-21-2009 01:49 AM

That's funny...

chaikwa 06-21-2009 07:49 AM

So because he had no nuts, he let all the prisoners escape?

I didn't know nuts were an 'energy food'.

chaikwa.

Justwannabeme 06-21-2009 10:50 AM

you have no nuts, you wouldn't know that...

funny commercial- if I saw that on tv i would be hooting- retired state prison guard here. hubby was a commander (lieutenant in charge of shift).

want nuts now? for that generator gas run at 4:30PM?

too funny

chaikwa 06-21-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 2509337)
you have no nuts, you wouldn't know that...

I think I'd know if I didn't have any nuts! Wouldn't I?

chaikwa.

RichM752 06-21-2009 03:10 PM

Seeping on watch is a court martial offense. I can honestly say I have NEVER, EVER, slept while on duty. Twice in 32 yrs I have emptied a 5 gal. bucket of ice water on men I have discovered asleep while on duty. Once I wrote a guy up and dismissed him for cause.
If eating peanuts will keep you awake for duty, then by all means eat the peanuts.
I see no humor in someone sleeping on watch.

chaikwa 06-21-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by RichM752 (Post 2509489)
Seeping on watch is a court martial offense. I can honestly say I have NEVER, EVER, slept while on duty. Twice in 32 yrs I have emptied a 5 gal. bucket of ice water on men I have discovered asleep while on duty. Once I wrote a guy up and dismissed him for cause.
If eating peanuts will keep you awake for duty, then by all means eat the peanuts.

Jeeez, lighten up, it's a JOKE for goodness sake. And a joke to sell nuts no less.

chaikwa.

ratlratl 06-21-2009 09:15 PM

Now that's funny....better watch that one guy!

Chris

DmaxEter 06-22-2009 05:25 PM

What if that bucket of ice water had sent one of those poor guys into cardiac arrest like such an act has been known and proven to do? That would have been strange there you seeing what it looks like from the other side of the bars with all those guys that would love to have a go at you! [duhhh] He may not have ever slept on the job in 32 years but that man slaughter charge would suck!

RichM752 06-23-2009 11:01 AM

Simple solution.
Don't sleep on watch.

cincydiesel 06-23-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2509259)
So because he had no nuts, he let all the prisoners escape?

I didn't know nuts were an 'energy food'.

chaikwa.

Well if ya had some you would know[laugh] Dang, I just noticed mom beat me to it[redface]

chaikwa 06-23-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2511012)
Dang, I just noticed mom beat me to it[redface]

You're kinda 'slow', ain'tcha?

chaikwa.

s cesnick 06-26-2009 12:00 AM

Dude, I am A C.O. at one of the most violent Federal Penitentiaries in the country and I think that was hilarious.

Blake Clark 06-26-2009 06:52 AM

Former LEO here, and had a great belly laugh at it.

glocklove 06-29-2009 04:47 PM

I think some people missed the point. I am a Admin Sgt. (AKA 1st Sgt.) for a county correctional facility and guys sleeping on the job is no laughing matter in the real world but we are talkin TV here, not the real world. I laughed and shook my head when I saw this on TV, and just thought about some of the guys who have worked for me over the years.