Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I upset someone over running my truck today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel
I also hinted that I'd start using baby seals and kittens for fuel if the cookies ever stopped coming.

You owe me a keyboard.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tell them they are cute when they act mad.
Or I can't hear you over this diesel.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had some people i know complain to me about my truck and how harmful and wastefull it is. so a week later i bought a 2001 suburban as well lol.

Than my father bought the tundra.

Now they wont even talk to me lol
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by klx650a2
the Prius that she so desperately wants and asked hew what is she going to do with that big old battery pack in 5 years when it won't hold a charge? Plus, I told her that with all the gas money she's saving she should put away about another $7,000.00 (on top of the $5,000 premium she will pay for the car initially) for a new battery pack. Doing the math, a prius does not make sense, if you want good fuel economy, go by a honda civic and in the long run you'll be money ahead.
Aint that the truth, you pay $30+k to get 42mpg and have to pay $5k every 5 years for a new battery pack. I bought a beater civic for $3k drive it like I stole it and still get 35 mpg and I dont need a new power pack every 5 years. Not to mention liability insurance with the salvage yard repair plan make maintainence and the cost of driving much less. There are people who make good financial and environmental decisions and there are people who want to appear to make good financial and environmental decisions.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 PM

I tell people that I will be first in line to buy a hybrid when they get one that will pull an 18K fiver over the Colorado Rockies. We are travelling medical people, covering western USA, and live in our fiver. If the fiver doesn't go, we don't go to the contracts.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Chapter President

I have to agree with the "bonehead move" for the smoke show after she is already complaining about just idling is wrecking the environment. I figure I'll say something along the line of, "I have to let the exhaust temps get below 300 degrees, if you insist that I shut it down NOW perhaps I can send you a bill for the $2000 turbocharger, if that does not appeal to you perhaps you can shut up?". Then maybe I can blow some of that nasty cigarette smoke in there face......
Old 07-10-2009, 06:02 PM

ya sounds like somethin i would do.. it wasnt her business at all.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I just got a complaint from the new neighbour next door, about my truck fuming his house out when it idles.

Mind you, we live on 3.5 acre lots, and his house is nowhere near my truck (s)

However, I've been here 11 years, and he bought his place last winter. Seems a bit of a whiner. Works on diesel generation systems, but doesn't like diesels. Did I mention he's british? and I'm irish. this isn't going well so far.

However, he seems to get the picture that I'm a mobile guy with a career, not a stationary guy with a job, so hopefully it all works out.

Gotta love snivelers, they make me feel good about myself.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The worst part is there will be a day sooner then later when these people get their way. We loose ours. You cannot blame it on your current President. It's the whole Western culture is changing and trying to find blame on everything else but themselves.

It sure will be funny to see a Big old Dodge 4x4 on 44's rolling past with the hum of a electric motor, with some sort of steam generator to make a look of smoke out a set of dummy stacks.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Lol... In her defense some of ya'll just dont really know how bad the truck smells or how loud it is until you're on the recieving end.

I once was idling my truck and went in my friends house, which was a good 150 ft away, and my truck was very audible in the house, even could smell it a little.

Just have some common courtesy for everyone around that doesn't have the same interests as you, and they won't complain so much.

Cost of idling cost more than the cost of a good oil that wont burn in the turbo, which is the only reason to idle... if you wanna make yourself and everyone else a little happier
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
perhaps I can send you a bill for the $2000 turbocharger
Been shutting down "hot" (400*) for years now, and no problems.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by pind
Did I mention he's british? and I'm irish. this isn't going well so far.
Eh, just lob a .50 over his house........... Irishers never back down.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by MCummings
Been shutting down "hot" (400*) for years now, and no problems.
with dual turbos seems you can afford to buy another if the need be.....I on the other hand don't have money for twins......let alone another single. It takes about 3-4 minutes of idling and when rolling through a parking lot to find a parking space and park the truck, less than that, usually below 300 when I get parked.

I agree on the fumes, I get a good dose each time I hook up my trailer, don't know why I thought that would be a good idea.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Back when I had the old Ford NA Navstar
I was at the drive up teller one day. I would shut it down because it was so noisy so I could talk to people. Well, this old bat in a Cadillac pulls up to the box on my right. After finishing my busyness I made the mistake of being nice. I told the lady that she may want to close he window while I start my truck, it alway lets out a huge black cloud on start. Instead of being appreciative of the warning she starts the wacko rant. So I put my foot to the floor and cranked it. The bat and her Cadillac faded from sight, along with that end of the building. A week later the teller said they were smoked out inside as well because it was sucked in through the shuttle tubes. They didn't like the bat either and thought it was funny to see the whole drive through disappear.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Back when I had the old Ford NA Navstar
I was at the drive up teller one day. I would shut it down because it was so noisy so I could talk to people. Well, this old bat in a Cadillac pulls up to the box on my right. After finishing my busyness I made the mistake of being nice. I told the lady that she may want to close he window while I start my truck, it alway lets out a huge black cloud on start. Instead of being appreciative of the warning she starts the wacko rant. So I put my foot to the floor and cranked it. The bat and her Cadillac faded from sight, along with that end of the building. A week later the teller said they were smoked out inside as well because it was sucked in through the shuttle tubes. They didn't like the bat either and thought it was funny to see the whole drive through disappear.

did that to a guy in a acura vigor. he was acting like a total ... kept cutting me off so on the first chance i got i went full throttle when my exhaust was in his window. i had about 5 liters of 2 stroke oil on a cold winters day with cheap diesel.

he had to stop and get out of his car.

Quick Reply: I upset someone over running my truck today!!!