Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   I love orders from Genos (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/i-love-orders-genos-317731/)

Shorts 05-07-2014 04:31 PM

I love orders from Genos

1 Attachment(s)
<Teehee>

I giggled the entire time opening this. Love the 'NO - my truck is not for sale' sticker and the complimentary koozie too :thumbsup:

So, who wants to help me put on rear shocks?

Fronty Owner 05-07-2014 06:14 PM

I'm busy that weekend... sorry...

railroaderone 05-07-2014 07:20 PM

I feel for you but just can't reach you. Sorry man

soulezoo 05-08-2014 09:06 AM

Rear Shocks!!

I'm in!

Any excuse to wrench...[coffee]

Shorts 05-09-2014 01:05 PM

Well got 'em installed this morning. I'm sure you guys were really on the way and just had trouble finding the house, right?? [laugh] I was planning on treating the help to a lunch of 7-11 hotdogs and a cherry icee, a large cup even!

The shocks were actually easier than I figured, sans needing two hands. And those nut tabs are annoying. Didn't Dodge care that the average owner is going to be under the truck rather than have it up on a lift, wheels off? Would have been much simpler to hold the bolt head and ratchet the nut than the prescribed hold nut and ratchet the bolt [duhhh]

Pulled the spare out to have a little room. Ended up cranking that into place three times before I figured out I had the tire flipped the wrong way. No wonder I ran out of cable before it got tight, the 4th time.

The stock Mopar black shocks were shot. Compressed easily. For curiosity sake I put a 25lb weight plate on the end and it compressed. No wonder it rides kinda rough.

Test drive was good. Truck hit the bumps like normal but did not "splash". Feels under more control. We have those speed humps in our 'hood so I got a little spirited going over a few. Good test, the "urban whoop section".

Oh, the sockets I used was a 21mm for both the bolt and nut. And of course I didn't have a 21mm box end wrench. I had a 20mm and then a 22mm. What in the heck? How'd my wrench sets I overlook that!? I gotta rectify that. The 7/8" didn't fit. The 13/16" didn't fit. So I had fumble with a shallow 12pt 21mm socket and a deep well 6pt on a 6" extension. Kinda silly with both of them on breaker bars. :o

Anyway, mission accomplished. Only one shock got loose from the retaining strap before it was in place. Dang! I got smarter on the second one, taped the strap on [coffee]

Now, where shall I hang my new Cummins sign? :cool:

Shorts 05-09-2014 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Es goud, no?

soulezoo 05-09-2014 04:05 PM

Well, I had my tool kit and was on my way. It says you are in the land of bad drivers so I drove all around Sacramento and did not locate you! Found a VFW instead... got distracted by the beer case.

Sorry...

And the sign es gut. Sehr gut.

Shorts 05-09-2014 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo (Post 3236129)
Well, I had my tool kit and was on my way. It says you are in the land of bad drivers so I drove all around Sacramento and did not locate you! Found a VFW instead... got distracted by the beer case.

Sorry...

And the sign es gut. Sehr gut.

[laugh] Don't blame you. Every time we stopped at the VFW intending to visit only a few minutes. It always turned into a few pitchers :o I mean, we couldn't be rude and decline a friendly gesture, right??? [redface]

sherod 05-09-2014 07:49 PM

Shorts, I agree on the sign. As a favor, why don't you stop by and make my shop look nice and neat like yours??

Shorts 05-09-2014 08:55 PM

Sherod, careful what you ask for. I'm a good garage interior decorator but I make a lot of demands - move this, carry this, stack this, sort this [director]

rockcrawler304 05-09-2014 11:20 PM

If you were still in Texas I would have been a lot closer to help [coffee]

SIXSLUG 05-10-2014 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shorts (Post 3236093)

The shocks were actually easier than I figured, sans needing two hands. And those nut tabs are annoying. Didn't Dodge care that the average owner is going to be under the truck rather than have it up on a lift, wheels off? Would have been much simpler to hold the bolt head and ratchet the nut than the prescribed hold nut and ratchet the bolt [duhhh] :cool:

Dodge only cared about the dash and the fuel delivery system, you should know that by now!![dummy][laugh]

Tallguy67 05-10-2014 04:43 PM

Shorts, you put me to shame. You accomplish more with 1 arm in a day than most of us accomplish with 2 arms in a week. I wish you would come clean and organize my shop / barn.

I love the no-parking sign.

TxDiesel007 05-14-2014 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts (Post 3235878)
<Teehee>

I giggled the entire time opening this. Love the 'NO - my truck is not for sale' sticker and the complimentary koozie too :thumbsup:

So, who wants to help me put on rear shocks?

man I need a pair of those stickers for my 12 valve!!

I keep getting asked about mine by local kids around here.. and yes, ordering from genos is the equivalent of Christmas time on the day your order arrives...

I love getting their stuff!! I just cannot say enough good about them....

if you were in TX, and I could take those stickers (and a case of beer) off your hands.. heck yes id help...

Shorts 05-14-2014 02:28 PM

We'd have to arm wrestle for the stickers :slap:

Just a head's up, the C sticker was a monthly special I think, just had to be certain I put it in my cart before check out. And the No my truck is not for sale sticker was a goodie they tossed in. So, don't know if you need anything from Geno's but you may be able to get some stickers ;)

Oh, I also got a new 21m wrench last weekend. Won't screw that one up again [duhhh]