Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hot and Humid Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
You just called it. Have a place in he mountains for the summer and Florida for the winter. Perfect. Or, have an RV when retired and go wherever the weather is the best and scenery good
for that time of year. This has been one of my few summers here in many years. Had too much garbage going on this year to get away.
If I had your money I could just move to the Bahamas so I guess I'll just stay where I'm at, me and my wife are both retired with an R V so that's a possibility
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Or move to my part of the world where the weather is relatively moderate the rear 'round. Humidity seldom gets above 70% unless it's raining. Most times it is less than 30%. No rusty cars here. No A/C in my house and no heating either. No need for expensive house insurance either.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
If I had your money I could just move to the Bahamas so I guess I'll just stay where I'm at, me and my wife are both retired with an R V so that's a possibility
You could probably go retire by Stan the Man. Living is quite cheap there and some beautiful country in there.

We have had multiple RV's since 1973. The past 25 years we have been on the road with the RV's most every summer. Our first trip to Alaska was 3-1/2 months in the state plus another 1-1/2 months getting home. Second trip to Alaska was two years ago and spent 3 months that trip. Some character named Scotty harassed us on both those trips. LOL Spent one whole summer in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. Wonderful trip. Spent one summer in Mexico, ferried to Baja and went up Baja to the coastline along California, Oregon and Washington and into Vancouver Island, then into the Rockies, Yellowstone, and neat spots along the way back to Florida. That trip was 6 months long. Those are a few of our longer RV excursions. Love the RV lifestyle but always happy to get back home for a while.
Can't believe another week is about to bite the dust. It has flown by. Too busy again - - gotta quitit.!!!!!!! Morry
Old 08-03-2018, 10:41 PM

Mexico or Canada is a no no for me I can't carry any firearm to defend myself or my wife. Well I got my truck back yes.
​​​​​​​You all have a good one
Old 08-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Last day of this breakroom. Sooooo, come and get it. Big breakfast spread of baked banana/nut French toast, southern grits, venison sausage, banana bread, orange/grape/apple juices, AND -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- ph00 - - -- - - - - -- AND, just realized we can no longer change the font or size. ………………..

Y'all have a good day and enjoy yourself - - do something fun - - like put on your bathing suit, pour a ph00 and go sit at the pool and get a tan, then jump in the pool. See ya there.

Bob
Old 08-04-2018, 08:36 AM

Breakfast thanks Bob cannon ball

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 08-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Dang nabbit, Bob. That breakfast was fantastic. I'm full.

Stupid rain, it seems never to end..
Attached Thumbnails Hot and Humid Breakroom-0804181104a-1024x576.jpg  
Old 08-04-2018, 10:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Thanks Bob for the oversized breakfast. Passed on the tasteless, gritty grits. BURP! Pardon me. It took me while to roll from the breakfast table to the computer as I had to stop for a digestive nap on the way.

Clint, if you can't leave the States, there is something in the news today that may help you. Take a look at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

Another glorious day down here in Paradise. More clouds than sun for a change, but I like it. Hope the clouds bring some rain soon.

Time for another coffee and another nap. Will get to the honeydo list later. Or maybe tomorrow. Oh wait, tomorrow is Sunday, so no work on a Sunday.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Either hot and dry or cold and wet around here. Like every other day.
If I had the money I'd move further North. The Anchorage urban sprawl is moving in to my quiet valley. Projections show population growth that will make us the second largest borough in Alaska in only a few years. Anchorage has just about reached its land capacity and housing is so expensive people are being forced out to the valley. Obviously, it is pushing the prices up here as well. Which means higher property taxes as assessed value increases, which will push a lot of people out of here, including me and everyone else on a small fixed income.