Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hot and bright breakroom, June 2 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Well, well, look what scooted into the breakroom. Long time no see Ed, welcome back.

Coffee ... ahhhhh! Needed that fix this morning. As tempting as they are, will pass on the pastries.

On Friday night I developed a bad toothache that progressively got worse. Was living on high powered Tylenol to try to dampen the pain. Finally figured out that the cause of the pain was a very old bridge that broke loose and had maybe developed an infection under it. Around midnight on Saturday even the Tylenol did nothing to ease the pain so got desperate and decided to work on the loose bridge to see if I could take it out. After a long struggle, got it out and then started to rinse my mouth out with hydrogen peroxide. Within about 2 hours most of the pain was gone. Called my dentist early yesterday and he was booked solid, but could squeeze me at 16:00. Went in and he decided that the two teeth that the bridge was anchored on need to come out (one was a molar) as they were starting to rot. Both were broken below the gum, so not easy to extract the roots. Now two teeth less and a lighter wallet. Down here I do not carry dental insurance as the dentists are cheaper than insurance. The visit yesterday cost me 1,000 pesos, about US$52. See if any of your US or Canadian dentists can get you in so quickly and with a low charge like this for two difficult extractions!

Scotty, still keeping you in my prayers.

Been told to take it easy today. This is difficult for me to do, but know that if I do not that my wife will get on my case, so will take the lesser of the two evils and find ways to take it easy.

Bob, good luck on your hobbling around. May you soon be back to normal.

Off to take it easy and finish my coffee.

Ciao
Old 06-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Stan - - a great quick temporary fix for a tooth ache: 2 teaspoons of liquid anti-acid plus one teaspoon of children's liquid Benedryl. Mix together, put
teaspoon full In mouth and hold it at the sore spot and read a book. When you have too much saliva and liquid in mouth, do not swallow, spit it
out and put fresh teaspoon full in and repeat keeping at sore area. Quite amazing how it works. Repeat if necessary or save the other
teaspoon for later.

Hmmm, wonder if it would work if I soaked my knee in it????????? Hmmmm.

Bobble
Old 06-11-2019, 05:48 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Bob, thanks for the temporary toothache fix. Hope that I never need to use it, but others here may, especially those with kids.

Scotty, as I have some forced time on my hands did take a look at biofilms as you suggested. Boy-oh-boy, they/it sounds really nasty. Here are a couple of extracts from what I read;
As research has progressed over the years, biofilms — bacterial and fungal — have been implicated in a variety of health conditions. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) noted that biofilms accounted "for over 80 percent of microbial infections in the body." Biofilms can grow on implanted medical devices such as prosthetic heart valves, joint prosthetics, catheters and pacemakers. This in turn leads to infections. The reason that biofilm formation is a great cause of concern is that, within a biofilm, bacteria are more resistant to antibiotics and other major disinfectants that you could use to control them," said A.C. Matin, a professor of microbiology and immunology at Stanford University. In fact, when compared to free-floating bacteria, those growing as a biofilm can be up to 1,500 times more resistant to antibiotics and other biological and chemical agents, according to the article in Microbe. Matin described biofilm resistance combined with the general increase in antibiotic resistance among bacteria as a "double whammy" and a major challenge to treating infections. Fungal biofilms can also cause infections by growing on implanted devices.
Is this what you and your doctor are dealing with?

Sounds easy to fix, just remove the devices, scrub well with filtered diesel and reinstall eh.

I am kinda draggy today. Maybe my dentist know something like this this would happen and why he told me not to exert myself for at least 2 days? Still occasionally bleeding, but for what I went through yesterday, maybe that is not surprising.

Looks like my taste buds are changing as I now find myself not enjoying coffee like I used to. Maybe I need to switch to ph00?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, thanks for the temporary toothache fix. Hope that I never need to use it, but others
here may, especially those with kids.
Scotty, as I have some forced time on my hands did take a look at biofilms as you suggested. Boy-oh-boy, they/it
sounds really nasty.
Looks like my taste buds are changing as I now find myself not enjoying coffee like I used to. Maybe I need to
switch to ph00?
Stan, you are welcome on the toothache stuff - - wife has used it several times with success - - once while on the road in
remote campground at Denali. Interesting article on "biofilms" - - had no knowledge of them.
As for the ph00 - - - wondered how long it would take you to get smart. WHEW!!!...……….

No ph00 made and a bit late, so will forego this event for here and make it at home. Busy day on the computer.
Making some progress.

Morry
Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 AM

Morning - -- up at 6:30 to hit the day. As much as I hate it, I will have to head up into town to the office building. Hurts. GGRRR
Made fresh ph00 and coffee and have sprinkles for this morning. Maybe Stan will make breakfast and I can grab it when I get back.

No word from Scotty, so keeping on with prayers for him. Horrible not knowing what is happening with your body. Thoughts are
with him.

L8R - - - - - - ………..
Old 06-13-2019, 07:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
This site is starting to frustrate me.
Even though I’m logged in I keep getting messages to log in, then I get a message that I would see fewer ads if I was logged in. And it tells me my username or password are incorrect.

Anyway, made calls to surgeon in Calgary yesterday asking for an update on where the requisitions are. They tell me the surgeon here received them Friday afternoon. I call his office and the first thing I’m told is he is really busy. “Yes I am aware of that but its been six days since he received all the information from Calgary.”

This is what’s most frustrating. I was assured the requisitions would all be done asap. What’s asap? You have the time to communicate with myself and the other surgeon on Friday but you are not able to...
Old 06-13-2019, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
As for the ph00 - - - wondered how long it would take you to get smart. WHEW!!!...……….

Too soon old ..... too late smart.

OK, will try the ph00 for a change. Hmmmm, not bad. Taking pity on HobbleBobby and will make breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ in the fridge. Also a large jug of freshly made carrot juice mixed with beet and ginger. No Mexican goodies today, but there is an extra large bowl of freshly cut up fruit. This is comprised of mango, grapes, two kinds of melon, guava, papaya, watermelon, lychee and maybe some other fruit if I dig deep enough in the fridge. Next to that is a plate of nopales. Eat one leaf a day and your chances of stomach problems are drastically minimized. Enjoy and be healthy.

Scotty, thanks for the update. ASAP? Maybe it means something else in Canada? Is there only one surgeon in Calgary? Presume this guy works for a government organization? Does that not translate into somebody that really does not care for you and has a calendar instead of a clock? Mañana - maybe.

As usual, got stuff to do, so had better get doing.

Ciao.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well about ASAP for surgeons.. my little cousin was an emergency surgeon before she got wise enough to be a general practitioner..
Told me stories like that:
Well, you work your shift, some accident comes in, severely torn (mumbo jumbo body parts in a dead language) with some more mumbo jumbo and you are on it.. work some 12-14 hours to get it right... missed some appointments.. hope the secretary will shuffle some.. paperwork... oh my next shift starts right now, no chance for snooze, get on it... thankfully only routine for the first few hours... oooh, interesting, this implalement of the lower abdomen.. another 12 hours on the table, saved the leg, well, maybe some coffee to get enough energy to snooze... no, there's that complication.. needs immediate attention.. everything's fuzzy... no problem, cuppa joe, good for another hour..

Looks to me like the gifted won't get rest..
Old 06-17-2019, 04:29 PM

Just got a note from Scotty - - - not sure he will be able to post anything, so I will give you the latest information I know ab out him.
Sounded like he was dealing with Congress and the fake news this past week. His test results were ready and were sent in to the
doctor - - - UHHH, on yeh??? Doc had nothing, but they told doc and Scotty oh yes, been sent. Scotty got after them this morning - -
they traced it down, no record of them being sent. So, finally the doctor got the test results today. Soooo, now he is waiting for a
time from his surgeon. Yikes. Horrible communications and flat out lying. Hopefully he will have word tomorrow and can plan
from there. Keep those prayers rolling.

I got some good news this afternoon about the office building renovation today. Another bid came in for complete replacement of
exterior windows on both floors with the latest vinyl storm rated windows with tinted and insulated glass and two new metal and
glass commercial metal and glass entrance doors also with the storm rated glass and tinted and insulated. His price will be
$32,000 less than the previous bid. Plus, his price for the front plate glass show windows with the same storm/tinted/insulated
glass is over 40% less than the previous quote. Wow, I may not have to give up eating for the next six months as planned to
pay for them. That was a load off my back. And, no more boarding up windows for hurricanes coming in. What a relief.
I feel like smiling again.

OK, going to fix myself a ph00, sit back and enjoy it and pet the dragon and give him/her a treat to celebrate.

………………...……………...
Old 06-17-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Scotty can get his lab results himself...

https://myresults.lifelabs.com/#/

Ok, I don't know what or where he was getting these result...

He can get lab test results just as fast or faster than what the doctor can deal with them...
Old 06-18-2019, 08:49 AM

G'day from Paradise. Gorgeous weather down here, but a lot hotter than normal. Had some rain yesterday afternoon, just after I washed our vehicles. My truck is still clean, but my wifes SUV is now dirtier than before because I washed it just before the rain started and she had to drive home in the rain.. The rainy season is starting, but not fully developed yet. This morning the entire sky was very red, so maybe more rain tonight or tomorrow.

Fresh coffee and ph00 is made. No munchies today.

Scotty, are your bureaucratic health problems never ending? Sure hope for your sake that action quickly starts. Hearing about all those types of problems makes me very glad to live where I live and not have to deal with that kind of bureaucracy.

Bob, what a difference in prices. How soon before that big job is completed and the tenants take occupancy? How are you doing with your leg and back problems?

Brekkie awaits, so me gone.

Ciao
Old 06-21-2019, 06:48 AM

ONE POST ALL DAY YESTERDAY ON THE COMPLETE SECTION OF THIS FORUM CALLED "OTHER."

What is happening to our website and forum? Sad. We had some great times on here, but it is very skinny. WHY?
In fact, drift down all the other sections and look for fresh posts - - almost none. And at the bottom of the screen
is shows so few members on-line - - - it used to be three and four lines long.

Sad Bob
Old 06-21-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
I am with you Bob. Even the 1st gen section only gets a couple posts a day now.
There are just a few major builds going on and way less people commenting then there have been years back.

Oh well, I left some Apple Fritters on the counter along with an assortment of teas and hot water, in case anyone makes it in today.

I am off to work on the '85 12V crew cab today with my daughter, as we are taking it to Carlisle for the car show in a month.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

I hear that Stan can't afford the tariff on his posts, so he's minimized his involvement here

This break room should have ended 13 days ago. Thanks for the fritters, there Ollie. Grab and go back to my dungeon

The hole is the way into hell
Old 06-21-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
The hole is the way into hell
UUHHHH, not from what I read and am seeing. The hole to hell is a whole lot bigger than that. ………...

Quick Reply: Hot and bright breakroom, June 2 - 8