Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hot and bright breakroom, June 2 - 8

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 07:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a damp Paradise. Nice rains recently. It's starting to clear up a bit, but expect more rain later today.

Goodies are here, on the counter and in the fridge. Tuck in and enjoy.

Scotty, got you in my prayers for your appointment today. May God guide the doc and may he find the root cause of your problem and be ably to rectify if without removing parts of your body.

Big party at my house this afternoon where a large bunch of large women will descend on the place to do what women do at a baby shower. My wife has been working hard for 4 days now preparing for this. Have been helping her as required, but today about an hour before the masses appear I will disappear. Home Depot and other places are calling me.

Got stuff to do, so better get moving.

Ciao
Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Met with the Surgeon.
He asked to have the afternoon to consider this and review it more. He is going to call me this afternoon and he knows I’m here for a solution.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Sounds like he is not making a snap decision and may even be consulting his peers. That is good.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:19 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Scotty there are thumbs pressed on this side of the pond.

As Mexstan said it's nice to know that it ain't a shot from the hip.

Carmen and I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Sounds like he is not making a snap decision and may even be consulting his peers. That is good.
Thanks for the update- - sounds like a good doc - - no snap decisions.

Looks like one of my first lazy days today. Can't do anything physical, so maybe get time to get back to editing my travel movies. Got a
bunch that need doing.

Put on fresh ph00 and coffee but no goodies - - can't get out there and get them. ……...

Ph00 …………….
Old 06-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Met with the Surgeon.
He asked to have the afternoon to consider this and review it more. He is going to call me this afternoon and he knows I’m here for a solution.
Hello from a newbie. Scotty, I want to join the wishes - wish you to get better soon.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:40 PM

Hi Newbie -- - welcome to our group. Quite a bunch here. Some are sane, some are crazy, some are funny, but all are neat in their own way. We love
ribbing each other and sharing joys and pains also. I assume your name is Dalton, so Hi Dalton. Come see us each day and get involved. We love
neat breakfasts, good coffee and some of us like flavored coffee (our name for it is "Ph00").

Bobby
Old 06-07-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiver Bob,
Thank you for the warm welcome! And oh, I finally understood what this strange Ph00 thing means. Juha!
Old 06-08-2019, 07:20 AM

Good morning from Paradise where our rainy season has got off to a good start. No rain today and according to the weather prognosticators (who seldom seem to agree with one another) the next couple of days should be rain free too.

Dalton welcome to the group. HobbleBobble put it very well. Definitely a variety of folks here, so join and be prepared for anything.

Strange ph00 and real coffee is ready and hot. An assortment of delicious Mexican food on the counter. Everything is ready for you to make you own hot tacos or gorditos Watch out for the green sauce because for some of you it will be exceedingly hot. I love it. Fresh carrot/beet/ginger juice in the fridge.

Got the truck loaded and will be heading out very soon to spend the day working on my country property and breathing lots of oxygen laden fresh air. Will come back tonight tired and dirty, but that is good.

Filled up last week and had something strange happen. Could not put fuel in without it spitting back a lot of foam. Also could not fill the tank as usual and it cost a bit more. I am wondering if the pump was sucking air and I was being charged for the air. Have filled up at this station many times and never had that problem in the past.

Getting worried that we have not had any new news from Scotty. Scotty, sure hope that everything is OK with you. Still keeping you in my prayers.

OK, outahere.

Ciao
Old 06-08-2019, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Getting worried that we have not had any new news from Scotty. Scotty, sure hope that everything is OK with you. Still keeping you in my prayers.
Morning all. Quite a spread there, and all that after a long, hard day working. Good Man, Stan.

Got a note last night from Scotty - - he was heading home while they analyze tests they have made and having more tests done back home. Then,
he will return for the operation. He seemed upbeat that things are rolling finally. Just keep them prayers coming for him and the family - - wife is
feeling the pressure.

I am going to grab some food, try to skip the hot stuff, grab my ph00 and get some more paperwork done and work on videos. I don't know what to
do with so much time and have to stay off my legs - - have lots I could do if I could walk more and lift. GGGRRRR

Have a great one...………………….……………….
Old 06-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
The surgeon wants a clearer picture since lots has happened over the past few years. He wants a new set of tests.
One is a white blood cell tagging to see where they go.
They need to bring isotopes in for that and it made no sense waiting a week or two in Calgary when there are ways to expedite this at home.
They take blood, separate the white cells, tag them with radioactive dye and reinject them back into my body.
A scan is done 15 Minutes later, then again at 4hrs to see where the white cells are gathering. Then again at 8hrs to see if they’re still gathering or levelled off.
This tells him where the white cells are fighting infection.
He is also concerned with Biofilms and how they protect bacteria...you might want to read up on biofilms. He’s leaning hard towards this issue with the hardware in my arm.
A fresh set of xrays to see the hardware, another MRI to look at the whole area and more bloodwork.

Once he has all this information, we’ll set up a surgical plan asap.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Great expansion on my short note - - - thanks for making it clearer for us. Know we are all with you and praying for you.
We all wanted to know all we could of where you are and where going. Hang tough big guy.
Bob
Old 06-09-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,573 Posts
Hoping for a smooth recovery plan for you old boy.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-23-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Praying for the “Big Guy” to guide the hands of the surgeons, and a smooth and speedy recovery.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:33 AM

Woke up to the sound of gentle rain - - summer in Florida. Put fresh coffee and ph00 on, the Blonde brought some big beautiful (too pretty to eat - maybe)
pastry treats that will help your cholesterol and fat molecules retain and gain their position..... ...…..

On to trying to get stuff done on the computer for the office building - - can't run, so hobble along and try to see something happening up there.
Y'all be good and have a great day - - - say some prayers for Scotty today. …………….

Quick Reply: Hot and bright breakroom, June 2 - 8