Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Help! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/help-23496/)

DarrellB 02-03-2003 11:14 PM

Help!

I've actually been busy for 2 weeks strait at work. [undecided]<br><br>When I get home I'm tired, and ready to go strait to bed. [undecided]<br><br>Worst of all it's cutting into my time on the DTR. :o :'(<br><br>I don't know who the bosses think I am but don't they know I've got more important things to do at work than fix the crap they break. Geesh, what do they think I am the Maintenance Tech or something. ??? :'( I'm telling you this thing of working when I'm at work just isn't working out for me. :-[ I'm going to have to find an easier job or something.<br><br>Ouh, gotta go my beeper's going Ape $hit on the desk again. :P<br><br>Help!<br><br>DB/Maintenance Man

PistolWhipt 02-04-2003 05:42 AM

Re:Help!

Quick fix ...<br><br>Drop the beeper in the toilet and go to the bar. (It worked for me)<br><br>PISTOL

Shovelhead 02-04-2003 05:44 AM

Solution B: always keep 1 dead battery handy........ ;)

pappyman 02-04-2003 05:46 AM

Solution C: always keep 2 dead batterys handy....... ;D. mine takes 2 AAA's

DeaconWayne 02-04-2003 08:31 AM

When I retired from the Air Force almost 10 years ago, I started looking for a job where I would show up for work at 11:30, have a coffee break from 11:30 to 12:00, lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, coffee break from 1:00 to 1:30, and then go home and get paid for the full 8 hours.<br><br>Hey, wait a minute - I succeeded - I'm a government contractor [laugh]

Lary Ellis (Top) 02-04-2003 08:54 AM

Darrell, I found that a beeper will skip a minimum of 8 times if thrown properly into a lake ;) <br><br> Then all that is required is a somber look as you explain that you really don't have any idea how you could have lost that pager [undecided]<br><br> If you decide to go the dead battery method, it adds credibility if you change battery's in front your Supervisor a few hours prior to sticking in the bad one's. ;)<br><br>

TPilaske 02-04-2003 09:54 AM

Now when you guys get Darrell fired... how is he supposed to BOMB his truck? <br><br>Get back to work Darrell!! ;D

Wade 02-04-2003 10:09 AM

A sick day or 2 wil force other employees do their jobs. Unless your boss is like mine and saves it for when you return. What I have found is when you come back a more realistic time frame is set.

Mule Skinner 02-04-2003 10:48 AM

T to T is the best work shift there is.<br>10-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays ;D ;D

DarrellB 02-04-2003 06:41 PM

Yea, I tried that battery trick. The down side is when the pager doesn't work they come looking for me. :( It was a good idea though, and worked for a few days. :) <br><br>Like right now, I'm having to use my computer at home to get on the DTR. (what's up with that) ??? Well I'm going to go to work tonight and look for a good hiding spot, something dark and big enough to take a nap in. ;D<br><br>DB