Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   HD Mobile Dash Cam DVR $35 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/hd-mobile-dash-cam-dvr-%2435-290915/)

jlipskoc 06-07-2011 11:08 PM

HD Mobile Dash Cam DVR $35

A while back someone on here was looking for a mobile dash cam dvr, if you go to ebay search "dash cam dvr" you'll see several of these square ones with a flip down screen $35-$45.

http://hz00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/263/...938263_835.jpg

I went to youtube, found them on "dr-v9" wow what amazing quality.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr-v9&aq=f

Wow for that price, I'm gonna buy one for each vehicle. Can't wait to try one.

These would also make great theif catchers since they are motion activated.

Shovelhead 06-08-2011 05:31 AM

Nice find! :cool:
Thanks, I'll check it out.

jlipskoc 07-07-2011 12:25 PM

Testing out my new cam, its very good quality, and its on the lowest setting, its small so I shoved it up in the visor, plug in and it automatically starts recording. Very neat.

About 1.4 gig of 25 min video on the lowest video setting w/audio. I'm gonna try it without audio to get the files smaller.

Heres a test from 'vga' mode.
Wrong date, whoops.

http://youtu.be/BBJnDffXC90

Eb-y search "IR Car Vehicle Dash Cam Camera Rotable 270° Monitor"

Scotty 07-07-2011 02:24 PM

Thats cool. Can you expand memory to an external?

Totallyrad 07-07-2011 02:41 PM

Scotty, it didn't look like it but it works in a loop if you want it to.

jlipskoc 07-07-2011 02:50 PM

It comes with a empty SD slot, memory goes up to 32gb.

I put a 4gb cheap one in and its working fine so far.

chaikwa 07-07-2011 05:12 PM

So this continuously records, erasing what has been previously recorded until you stop it and save it. Am I understanding this correctly?

Scotty 07-07-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2990872)
So this continuously records, erasing what has been previously recorded until you stop it and save it. Am I understanding this correctly?

I think thats correct. Sounds pretty darn cool...with 32gb it would take awhile to rewrite again.

Does it have a video out?

chaikwa 07-07-2011 07:01 PM

Thanks Scotty.

Totallyrad 07-07-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2990936)
I think thats correct. Sounds pretty darn cool...with 32gb it would take awhile to rewrite again.

Does it have a video out?

It has a usb port. When I looked on Ebay they had a couple different models. The next one up has an HDMI port.

jlipskoc 07-08-2011 08:08 AM

No video out on the one I bought. I changed the setting to no audio, the files sizes stayed the same, around 120 meg per every 2 min. Theres a setting to save the file every 2,5,15 minutes.

The motion detection works well, great for security, deer cam, or playing around. Gonna try it on my tractor see how it looks piddling around.

So far pretty happy with it. Can't beat the price.

jlipskoc 07-08-2011 08:11 AM

copy/pasting specs from one link:

Technical Specifications

1)IR day and night vision for recording

2) Recording resolution:

1280x960

720x480

640x480

4) Repeat storage by section: 2/5/15 minutes or off

5) Power source: Built-in rechargeable battery or 12V/24V Car Charger

6) Supports SD/MMC card ( From 1GB up to 32GB)

7) Microphone: can record sound

8) Interface: USB2.0

Setting the functions:

Turn on the DVR and press to enter into setting interface.Menu Button. Confirm by and select by for the following setting. Press again to exit after finished.

1.Movie Size: Select [

1280x960

720x480

640x480

]

2 Audio Recording. :Select On or Off

3 Volume:From 0 to7

4 Motion Detect: Select On or Off

6 Recording time:select [2/5/15]minute to decide how many time will be storage per one section.

7 Date Stamp: Select [Date &TimeStamp]or [No Stamp]

8 Date/Time: Set correct recording Dateand time.

9 Language: Select [English/Chinese/Russian]

10 LightFrequency: set [50/60Hz].

11 Restore Default:. Select[ Yes]or [No].

12 Version:. Show the software version Number.

Note:

1) Please insert the SD/ MMC card before recording.

2) Please adjust the time display before recording. If not set a time, the DVR cannotrecord.

3) This DVR records in cycle if you choose 2/5/15 minutes as storage time.When the storage medium is full, it will record from the beginning again and erase over the previously recorded material automatically.It will have 3 seconds paus time,and namely the contents in the 3 seconds will not recorded.If select Off,when the storage medium is full,it shows Card Full and stop recording.

4) Because the DVR is DC5V input,please use the attached car charger. It have adaptor 12V/24V transfers to 5V already.

5) When you cannot stop recording by pressing REC button, please check if you have selected the is Montion Detect ON. If yes,please select OFF .

Scotty 07-08-2011 11:26 AM

I am thinking about getting 4 of these for around the house. Mini solar panel powered. I could move them around a lot easier then the security system I am looking at, at Costco.

One at the back lane, one on the back yard, one on the front of the house and one aimed at the driveway...with the video out option, I could run a cable and dload. I am assuming I would have to be very careful about the elements/weather. Sure do like this idea. Thanks for posting.

chaikwa 10-06-2011 04:03 PM

This is a follow-up of this conversation;

We bought a dash cam right after I read this thread, my reasoning being that big trucks are almost always found at fault in a crash, whether it's the trucks' fault or not. I wanted some feeling of security in the event I was cut off, or some idiot pulled in front of me then jammed on the brakes or... whatever. At least I'd have SOME evidence to display to investigating officers. The dash cam is in the lowest part of the windshield and runs all the time whenever the ignition switch is on.

Well, we are in Massachusetts doing the fire safety routine with 20 different locations to hit before we go home to Michigan. Yesterday, we were pulling into a senior center to do a safety program with 40 senior citizens. Keep in mind the truck and trailer is 68 feet long. The entrance to the senior center is basically an alley between 2 buildings that expands into a massive sized parking area behind the center. This means that traffic can only progress in one direction at a time because the alley isn't wide enough for 2 vehicles to pass each other.

We had traveled the length of the alley and were at the 'mouth' of the alley where it opens into the parking lot when I saw a pick up truck heading in our direction, on our right side, exiting the parking lot. I stopped to make sure the driver saw us, which he did, and he started to back up. He didn't actually have to back up as there was enough room for me to pass by him as we were going straight into the lot and parking. The senior center had set up orange traffic cones for us to ensure we had a place to put the truck and trailer. Michael got out of the cab to move the first cone so I could drive into the 'box' that the traffic cones formed, and as soon as he got to the front of our truck, the pick up truck starts to pull forward. While walking to the cone, Michael signaled for him to stop, with the intention of telling the guy what we were doing. The guy keeps coming, (slow speed). Michael holds BOTH hands up now, trying to stop the guy. He can't go anywhere once he gets to the front of our truck because there isn't enough room for anything to get down the alley beside our truck. Now the guy decides that Michael shouldn't slow his progress and keeps coming anyway, hitting Michael and shoving him backwards a few feet. The guy finally stops, Michael screams at him to back up, (Michael never screams at anyone!), and in return gets shoved another couple feet by the guy and his truck. I lean on the air horn, the guy yells at Michael that he doesn't have time for this crap, but finally backs up. As I drive by this idiot I can hear Michael thru the open passenger window of my truck loudly telling the guy there's NO way we're going to back our whole rig into a busy state highway just because HE'S in a hurry. I park the truck and call the police while the guy leaves. Described the truck and the guy to a few people at the senior center and had a name and address by the time the PD arrived.

As I told the arriving officer, while I don't expect the guy to be charged with anything, he should at least get a stern talking to. THEN I remember the dash cam! The officer was more than delighted to see the footage! :hehe:

Officer calls the offender, who vehemently denies the whole thing, said Michael jumped on the hood of his truck and that he never hit anyone. Officer replies that he has video, offender gets more arrogant than ME! Well, long story short, there's now a senior citizen that's had a personal visit and serious attitude adjustment by the officer! He was ready to charge the guy with assault w/ a dangerous weapon, but both Michael and I were quite satisfied with the verbal 'adjustment'.

Thank God for the dash cam! Best $50 we ever spent.

wyododge 10-06-2011 08:02 PM

Wow Scott, That is a scary story. What a jerk!!!

You are a better man than me, I would have told the cop to do what he thought was best. After running him back the second time, I would not have had a whole lot of sympathy...

probably why I will end up in hell I suppose. :(