Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

October's haunted house and leaf pile wrestling break room 10-1 to 10-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
October's haunted house and leaf pile wrestling break room 10-1 to 10-7

Morning kids. Below freezing with clear skies, maybe mid 50°s later.
Scotty, please stay away from the leaf pile. We don't want anyone frightened by the leaves sticking to your Leggs.
The next storm is moving in this evening. With the cold temperatures I wouldn't be surprised to see our 1st snow in the valley.
I made some real cowboy coffee. Sorry the doughnuts didn't make it. There might be some crumbs left in the box.
Taking the dragon for his morning walk.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the coffee Cougar.....I love my coffee thick enough to chew

Leaves are piling up here as well, almost got my buck early when he jumped in front of me at the end of my driveway last night I see an average of 4 to 10 deer here in a day but I really am not looking for them, so likely many more come through.

Working on the old 96 getting her ready for her new home I am going to miss it but I haven't driven it more than a mile in 2 years. 143,000 miles she runs like brand new better than me
Old 10-01-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Came around a 20 MPH curve at the usual 30 or so on the way home from church just after dark and there was a young doe standing in the middle of my lane. Got stopped a few feet from her, and she just looked at me, than ran around in circles for a bit before finally getting off the road.

Everything I drive has a mushy grill from pushing on the deer herd.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Warm temperatures and high winds as the next storm blows in. Supposed to be raining all week.
Fortunately I've missed most of the morning moose migration being off work for the past 6 weeks. That is a close encounter I prefer to avoid.
Off to another torture session and then to the hardware store.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:44 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning peoples from a soggy Paradise. We have had more rain this last week and a half than any time this summer. This is surprising because we are almost at the end of our rainy season.

On Sunday was asked to deliver a mattress and some other stuff to a family that lost everything a few days ago in the heavy rains. He lives in a small village not far from me and the extra heavy rains last Tuesday night caused a major flood in the entire village. These people are very poor and do not have much and many lost everything. The guy that I delivered the stuff to had his car parked outside his house and the storm took the car and dumped it full of mud 500 meters away and upside down. I was in his house and saw high water marks and they came up to my shoulder. Don't know what he will do for work now as he used his car to go to different customers and do work for them. Not only that, but he is recovering from donating a kidney to his BIL last week. Count your blessings for what you have!

Cougar, out of curiosity, why don't you move to a different state? It sounds like living where you are is not very pleasant.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening looks like all is normal around here thanks for the coffee putting on some fresh and getting outa here

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 10-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon gang. Took a shot at that coffee, but my molars could not handle it. Soooo, made some ph00 - - be ready in a few.

Been raining off and on here since getting home the other night. From the looks of the height and density of the weeds, it has been raining lots the whole time we were gone. My gutters are jammed with little branches and leaves. Gotta get someone to clean them out and put on gutter guard.

Week started out really great. Company came in last night -- bro-in-law and wife. We tried to reach Marian's sis by phone last night but no answer - - thought probably in bed. No answer again this morning so went over with bro-in-law. No answer. Let ourselves in with key and hollered - - muffed cry out from her bedroom door. She was on the floor behind the door still in her pj's. Could not roll over, could not get up, rather disjointed in her talk. Said she had been there since Sat. night. Could not raise her beyond sitting up. Called 911, checked her out - - good EKG and heart rate and blood pressure. Got her up in a chair with wheels and took her to living room. Got some food in her and water. One of us will stay with her for the next few days. Thank goodness bro-in-law is here since I have a wife in a wheel chair for another month or so with broken leg. OUCH.

So, welcome home, Bob. Some day I will get the hurricane shutters down, furniture for lanai out of the inside of the house and straighten things up. Been quite a welcome.

OK, ph00 is ready ........................................
Old 10-02-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning peoples from a soggy Paradise. We have had more rain this last week and a half than any time this summer. This is surprising because we are almost at the end of our rainy season.

Cougar, out of curiosity, why don't you move to a different state? It sounds like living where you are is not very pleasant.
Well, I'd rather deal with deadly animal encounters than mindless people encounters. And I deal better with the cold than I do the heat. The hard part of living here is the cost of living and being treated like a 3rd world foreign country by our own. Oh, did I mention I can carry a gun without interference?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
Oh, did I mention I can carry a gun without interference?
You can here as well, concealed or open is legal....not much work around here thanks to Obama but picking up thanks to Trump
Old 10-03-2017, 11:43 AM

My wife went to the post office yesterday and the subject around the office was the shooting. One old guy said I sure am glad I can carry a gun here. One of the postal employees behind the counter boldly said there are no guns aloud around here. And the old guy replied how does it feel being defenseless in a place that a nut case knows you will be. Wife said well put.
Cold rainy weather. The little critters are stocking up.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - - put fresh coffee and ph00 on and straightened up a bit, but no time for more. Spent the day at sis-inlaw's house putting in a new microwave and some other things she needs. Bro-inlaw helped. They are headed for the condo on Longboat in one more day. Do not like what I am seeing in sis-inlaw since her incident. She cannot get out of a chair by herself any longer. She lives by herself. Soooo, come Friday, who is going to be with her? Can't be my wife - - she is in a wheel chair and sure can't pull on her sis or fix food. Still have all kinds of work to be done at our house to get things back to normal, shutters down, garage straightened back up, house cleaned. What now, Maggee????

Ph00.............................................that's what!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 AM

44° and rain.
Landlord fixed the furnace, we hope.
Off to another torture session. Lost a lot of ground working on the 2nd gen yesterday. Didn't take that much.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Dropped off some baked goodies and home made lemonade....off to hide in the leaf pile waiting to ambush Scotty when he walks by
Old 10-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Shhhhhh! Don’t tell Lary I set a Bermuda Tiger trap under the leaves.
He thinks his LEGGS are bad/good looking now!
Hahahah
Old 10-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Was 29 and clear here this AM
Headed for 55

Quick Reply: October's haunted house and leaf pile wrestling break room 10-1 to 10-7