Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   hatfield and mccoy pics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/hatfield-mccoy-pics-170499/)

jk6140 09-22-2007 10:55 PM

hatfield and mccoy pics

Just Uploaded My Pics From A Trip Me And The Wife Took To Hatfield And Mccoy Atv Ride...had a Great Time Tryng To Go Back Next Year...THEY ARE IN MY PROFILE

scootertrash35 09-23-2007 11:04 AM

we went 3 years ago, it was a blast,except for 2 of us blowing tires as soon as we got there(lots of rock)

rustyshakelford 09-23-2007 11:08 AM

does anyone go riding up in alto?

has anyone tried to tackle helicopter hill?

brett

bkrukow 09-23-2007 11:31 AM

Looks like fun. We are debaiting where to go next year. for the past 5 trips over the last 4 years we have gone to Taylor Park in Colorado and now we want to try something diferent. Its either the Piute in Utah or H&M. They are both abought the same drive from here(1200ish miles), so rite now its a toss up.

ouchman 09-23-2007 03:46 PM

So that's where my family lived...

My grandmother (born in 1892) was Laura Hatfield. She was a true hillbilly (and I use that term as a compliment, not a put-down). She lived until the age of about 95. When she was 89 she taught me how to chop wood with an axe and how to build a fire. One amazing lady. Looked quite a bit like "Granny" from the Beverly Hillbillies.

checkster 09-24-2007 10:01 AM

WOW can you list the contact info for the cabins? ive been dying to try that place.

lastchance 09-24-2007 04:02 PM

here is a link you can follow to check out the trail system the hat mccoy trails are so wide spread and many many places to put off at you can really get lost.

one cool thing is that you can ride into town legally on atvs and the cops want say anything.

Oh Yea this place here i am talking about is the closest to the virginia line so depending on where you live there might be a closer destination as to getting to the trails.

www.atvresort.com/ashland%20amenities.html

firemandodge 09-24-2007 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ouchman (Post 1709532)
So that's where my family lived...

My grandmother (born in 1892) was Laura Hatfield. She was a true hillbilly (and I use that term as a compliment, not a put-down). She lived until the age of about 95. When she was 89 she taught me how to chop wood with an axe and how to build a fire. One amazing lady. Looked quite a bit like "Granny" from the Beverly Hillbillies.

Maybe we're related[laugh] My grandma was a hatfield (maiden name) and my mom was born in Bluefield. Great grandfathers name was Hazard Hannibal Hatfield. born Oct. 13, 1898.

justagoodolboy 09-25-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford (Post 1709140)
does anyone go riding up in alto?

has anyone tried to tackle helicopter hill?

brett

Yes & Yes.

checkster 09-25-2007 11:53 AM

thanks for the info man, i appreciate it.

Originally Posted by lastchance (Post 1711075)
here is a link you can follow to check out the trail system the hat mccoy trails are so wide spread and many many places to put off at you can really get lost.

one cool thing is that you can ride into town legally on atvs and the cops want say anything.

Oh Yea this place here i am talking about is the closest to the virginia line so depending on where you live there might be a closer destination as to getting to the trails.

www.atvresort.com/ashland%20amenities.html