Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Cracker Barrel - - - - a place to hide southern "crackers" when they are naughty. Also, a neat place to eat breaky - - - so, having at it, plus a big mug of ph00. Yah00.

Nice here too, Stan. Another gorgeous morning, cool, low humidity - - -just finished a long walk with my brother-in-law. Now sitting down to munch and gulp. Long day planned - - y'all be good.

Bob
Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all. Just heard from my stepfather that he is getting a new mill and lathe. Thinking about a 1911 frame, could be a really cool project.

Other than that, looking at that rocky mountain blue sky... Nothing like it anywhere else in the world!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
Morning all. Just hear rm my stepfather that he is getting a new mill and lathe. Thinking about a 1911 frame, could be a really cool project.
If you decide to do it, PM me your email addy, I happen to have the drawings to help you along......... Big PDF file though, about 4 megs, but it is official drawings of all the parts.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly
If you decide to do it, PM me your email addy, I happen to have the drawings to help you along......... Big PDF file though, about 4 megs, but it is official drawings of all the parts.
Will do. I have some from CNCguns, but all the info I can get helps the program. Been away for a while so I am assuming the gun forum has gone by the wayside??
Old 05-12-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I pick bolatuse (SP?), horse and shaggy mane shrooms up here.
Should see them very soon.
Ah yes, look for the boletes, especially boletus edulis pictured. Shaggy mains are late summer shrooms. Meadow mushrooms grow aplenty around here in the fall. Every once in awhile I'll see a couple of sulphur shelf mushrooms growing off a tree. Cut off the tender edges and cook them up. You could pass it off for chicken.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Ah yes, look for the boletes, especially boletus edulis pictured. Shaggy mains are late summer shrooms. Meadow mushrooms grow aplenty around here in the fall. Every once in awhile I'll see a couple of sulphur shelf mushrooms growing off a tree. Cut off the tender edges and cook them up. You could pass it off for chicken.

Thanks for the tip about the shelfs.
I've seen those.
An elderly Ukrainian guy showed me the good and bad/poisonous. We spent a lot of time together. He was my 8th grade teacher's father in-law... Another great teacher.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:38 AM

Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14-big-shroom.jpeg
Do you find the "Great Morels" up North?
Old 05-13-2016, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by RocknRick
Attachment 46022
Do you find the "Great Morels" up North?
Rick - - - Scooootty only find spheres up north.................

Morning all - - - put the coffee and ph00 pots on. Time to rise and shine and go do something productive. Wow, what could that be today??

Later.

Bob
Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I've seen boots like that up here.
And yes the morels here too.
I would go to a heavily treed pasture area shortly after a rain to find the others.
Morels were often found in more grassy areas.

Mushroom phoo goo for ewe know who.
Mushroom omelets and sliced gopher in shroom sauce all hot or cold and ready for brekky.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:00 AM

Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14-20160426_080014.jpegI thought so Scotty, just wanted to confirm. I tried some Dryad's saddle or "pheasant back" for the first time this year. They had a mild morel flavor. I sliced them thin, lightly floured and fried in butter. Real Butter is the key to flavor all of the mushrooms I find. DW wouldn't try them, even after I woke up the next morning after eating them
Old 05-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Looks like there is fungus among us

Good Morning fellas, thanks for the yummy breakfast Scotty....the gopher was nice and tender
Old 05-13-2016, 10:33 AM

Hey all. Not a mushroom fan myself, interesting stuff though. Just one more reason to get outside and look around. Not sure what kinds are up in the rockies, might just have to check that out.

Y'all behave
Old 05-13-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mushrooms on my pizza, maybe my beef. By themselves, not a big fan. Lot's of folks out picking around here though....

I spent this afternoon shining, cleaning, starching and digging for all the parts to put my Class A uniform back together for a function tomorrow. Believe it or not after 21 years retired, it still fits fine. The wife's POW/MIA Flag Guard Organization is presenting to the surviving family members of Louisville's 3 MIA from Vietnam. Got to look my best as my Boss is the keynote speaker. I'm pretty proud of my Girl!

Got a guy coming by tomorrow afternoon to tell me how tore up my house and shop are from the hail a few days ago. I'll take his written estimates to the insurance guys next week. To me, roof is toast, all metal is dented, siding is holed, shop looks like a ball peen hammer went wild. Maybe Wyododge let his hammer get loose!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning all. Coffee and ph00 awaits. Being your own shrooms.

Off to start my day.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:47 AM

Mercy - - - another week is toast. Where is the time flying? Getting old too fast - - "make the world go away, and get off my shoulders" - - - oh boy, I think maybe I may be "too old" all ready to remember that one.

Coffee and ph00 are on. You guys be careful up there with all that ice ball fights going on. Not fun. What does the car/truck look like? Second thought, I don't think I want to know.

Be good= = = have a great day.....................

Quick Reply: Happy Mothers Day Break Room 5/8-5/14