Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

2013 Ram Refreshed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 Ram Refreshed

The 2013 1500 was unveiled today at the NY Auto Show.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-4931363/

Nice truck, but Im kinda 'meh' about it. I loved the current 4th gen interior, but the new one leaves me kinda..... so so.

I think its the center stack/radio area. To me it seems like they are trying to go too, European Luxury Sedan or something with it.

What do yall think?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope they don't stick those same headlights on the heavy duties.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucker has an air ride system on it. It can lower the truck at highway speeds to get better aerodynamics and mpg. Interesting. They have some good ideas.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's some more info

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/2013/ram_1500/
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am split on the whole air ride thingie. It is great and provides a superior ride right up until you have a leak. After years of experience with Range Rovers and my S-class Mercedes... well, lets just say I'm not sold.

Lincoln did the air ride/speed adjustable thing some years back and it was horrible. Now those were three high end big dollar vehicles I just mentioned. If its a problem on those cars, imagine what it may be like on a lil ol dodge. (oops, Ram)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Looks sweet but not for a work truck. I'm partial to the old school ergonomics. Crank up windows, 6 speed tranny and AM FM radio. I tend to keep my trucks forever.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah,the air ride suspension sounds good until it leaks and leaves the truck dragging close to the ground. Two of my neighbors had their Lincoln/Mercury air ride systems fail in the rear. Both spent hundreds of dollars fixing them. One just replaced the whole shabang with coils,the other went aftermarket air ride suspension and dumped it.

The tranny **** is scary too as it should employ a servo to engage the tranny. Lots of neat stuff if it holds up I guess.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:22 AM

Talking

The air ride is almost the same set up as the WK (Grand Cherokee), and is actuall pretty nice, it has a park level, normal level and two off road levels...We worked most of the bugs out on the WK two years ago, the interior is nothing to jump for joy over, but alot of people will be intrested in the 3.6l with the 8 speed and by 2014-15 the Hemi should be offered with the 8 speed auto, which is a really nice combo so far....When it works.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mmmm, nice for the street crowd but I'm leery if the push buttons and switches and electronics. The tranny selector was a **** right? I like a full center console but I am extremely partial to a manual tcase. Designers and engineers need to quit being lazy and design a full center console around a manual tcase.

Anyway, nice truck but I won't be buying a 1500 gasser anytime soon....ever.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
With the new MPG mandates you guys just better get ready. They will be pulling out every trick in the book and not in the book to meet them.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by soulezoo
I am split on the whole air ride thingie. It is great and provides a superior ride right up until you have a leak. After years of experience with Range Rovers and my S-class Mercedes... well, lets just say I'm not sold.

Lincoln did the air ride/speed adjustable thing some years back and it was horrible. Now those were three high end big dollar vehicles I just mentioned. If its a problem on those cars, imagine what it may be like on a lil ol dodge. (oops, Ram)
Yeah, I feel the same about the air ride. Great idea in theory, but after a few years its just a pain in the butt. Bags and lines leak, pumps get tired and solenoids quit working. Very complicated to diagnose, expensive to fix, and lots of those parts are gonna be obsolete after ten years. Dodge did that in the eighties/nineties on some Fifth Avenues and New Yorkers with load leveling and/or full air suspension too and they were always a headache.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I'm with Shorts and Cincy...

I'll keep my second Gen. I know I can beat on that truck if I have too. I would be afraid to go over crack in the highway with the new ones. That and they have a Gazzillion dollar price tag.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:39 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm starting to wonder if Dodge is thinking, if you can't get the tranny to hold up under work stress, just dazzle them with more gears.

4spd --> 6spd -> 8 spd --> ?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I went with my 07 because of the 6 spd auto. I would have preferred a manual trans case but was unable to locate one when I needed the truck.
There is only one set back with my truck and that is the 10500 GCWR compared to a quad cab. I have to be careful with pin weight in the bed when commercial...primarily in the province of BC.

Right now I am leaning towards acquiring an engine and trans to have on hand when and if the need arises for a swap. Cheaper then going to a new or newer truck and starting over.

However, a 4500 sure does look appealing to me.

So far...I prefer the 3 gen I have over all previous trucks but it took me awhile to get to that place. My 01 was a real good truck too.

I did buy some lotto tickets so that might change.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Way too girly for me.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram Refreshed