Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Happy Birthday America Breakroom. July 5 - 12 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/happy-birthday-america-breakroom-july-5-12-a-322378/)

sherod 07-07-2015 02:40 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...20bc499835.jpg

This is the sales brochure for the car. Mine is red with white leather interior. I'll try to figure out how to actually put a pic of the car up.

Basically, 360 Lean Burn Ignition, 727 lockup trans, 185 hp from the factory due to the 2bbl and lean burn. Easily upgraded with MSD ignition to run tons better. Mine is original and still working, so no changes. Have every piece of paper since dealer delivery. The only thing that's a problem is the A/C, and that will get fixed soon. (wife hopes)!

sherod 07-07-2015 04:31 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...81db6dde3f.jpg

This is the actual car. It's cleaned up considerable from when this was taken.

Mexstan 07-07-2015 06:30 PM

Good morning, afternoon & evening.

Been way too busy to post here lately. Leave the house before sunup and work hard all day. I see that the group hangs around the cooler has not changed, so all is well. On the other hand, maybe we should start to be concerned - very concerned. Some of you are working too hard. Some of you are ........ maybe I had better stop here. [coffee] [laugh]

Sherod, what did you do, have the brochure in your hand and walk around your car until you had it in the same stance as the brochure? The car looks good.

We had quite a spectacular storm last night. Lots of very bright lightening and almost instant house shaking thunder. Just under an inch of rain, but all in a very short period. It has just started to rain again as I type.

Gotta run, more catching up to do before I can go to bed and do it all over again tomorrow.
Ciao.

Justwannabeme 07-07-2015 11:06 PM

Ed, very nice shape! I DID recall that car downtown, but it was hidden by the large floppy hat..........snicker snicker... purple polyester suit and diamond shades... j/k

I had plans to get one big project done but that went out the window.
weather, short fix on the backhoe and some lame visitor ruined my energy level. glad I worked in the field where you have to be suspicious. you could see this individual running outcomes in his mind......

time to reorganize priorities.. [coffee]

FiverBob 07-08-2015 04:46 AM

Nuther day has dawned. Time to rise and shine. Fresh ph00 is on - - - - uhhh, oh yeh, made some coffee too for you that don't know about the joy of ph00..............[laugh]

Stan, slow down. I am trying, but not having much luck. Heidi, likewise. Time to prioritize.

OK, off on my day - - - have a good one.

....................[coffee]

Bob

Mexstan 07-08-2015 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3280007)
Nuther day has dawned. Time to rise and shine. Fresh ph00 is on - - - - uhhh, oh yeh, made some coffee too for you that don't know about the joy of ph00..............[laugh]

Stan, slow down. I am trying, but not having much luck. Heidi, likewise. Time to prioritize.

OK, off on my day - - - have a good one.

....................[coffee]

Bob

Thanks for the coffee and ph00. May try some in a while.

Bob, will make a deal with you. When you slow down, let me know how to do that, so I can learn to do the same. OK?

Lary Ellis (Top) 07-08-2015 07:59 AM

Thanks for the coffee Bob, Cracker Barrel is delivering breakfast so come and get it before Scotty pops in and bags it all as carry out!

Nice car Ed! I love the looks of the older rides they have character where as the new cars seem to all just want to look like Japanese auto clones [yuk]

FiverBob 07-08-2015 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3280008)
Thanks for the coffee and ph00. May try some in a while.

Bob, will make a deal with you. When you slow down, let me know how to do that, so I can learn to do the same. OK?

SLOW DOWN???????????? NO NO, SPEED UP. Need another turbo on my fanny - - not getting enough done each day to reduce my list. Oh wait, is someone adding stuff to my list without my permission??? HMMM. ..................[dummy]..................[nonono]

Back atit.

patdaly 07-08-2015 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by sherod (Post 3279980)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...81db6dde3f.jpg

This is the actual car. It's cleaned up considerable from when this was taken.

Had virtually the same car, same color combo, 76 or 7 Cordoba, 400 4 bbl.

I loved that car, the only thing I never got used to was where you sat in the car, it didn't give you a butt feel of when the rear was hanging out. Made for some interesting driving on ice. That was the only car that I ever had that was that way..........

sherod 07-08-2015 08:49 AM

This one needs new rear leaf springs and all the bushings. It kind of wallows it's way along. For now, I'll put some spring over shocks on the rear. The funny part was it had brand new Sears Roadhandlers on it while it sat for 20 plus years. For giggles, I took them in to Sears and wanted to use the replacement warranty since they showed checking.... The kid behind the counter was REALLY REALLY confused....

Justwannabeme 07-08-2015 09:15 AM

Good Morning!!! storm last night went by and dumped rain, five minutes later all done. wow. fast and furious.

anyone remember the commercial "...rich Corinthian leather.." ricardo montlebahn. yes, boxy cars of the 80s to the melted jellybeans we see now.

chipping off the list s l o w l y....

Scotty 07-08-2015 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 3280032)
Good Morning!!! storm last night went by and dumped rain, five minutes later all done. wow. fast and furious.

anyone remember the commercial "...rich Corinthian leather.." ricardo montlebahn. yes, boxy cars of the 80s to the melted jellybeans we see now.

Yeah I remember that commercial of the K cars and they even had a k car limo. Hahah
Tattoo was sitting in the limo.

Tallguy67 07-08-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 3280032)

When I was in my second year of university my grandfather gave me his car, it was a 1983 Chrylser Cordoba with the rich Corinthian leather interior. It had the 225 slant 6 so it didn't have much in the way of horsepower. That was probably a good thing as at that age I suffered from a severe case of testosterone poisoning. The only way I could get that car to speed was downhill with a tailwind. On the plus side it ran for a LONG time. I seem to remember it had 650,000km on the odometer when I sold it and there were never any major mechanical problems. I had to replace the carb about 500,000km and other than that just normal wear and tear stuff. Neither the engine nor the tranny were ever opened up.

When I got it my grandfather did mention that it ate its electronic ignition every once in a while so I kept a spare in the trunk (I think the whole module cost $40). I was on my way to pick up a date one night when the engine just stopped for no good reason. I pushed it to the side of the road, undid the 6 (or so) wire connector from the top of the electronic ignition unit with the screwdriver in my pocket knife, attached the new module. It got its ground from the frame and I didn't have sockets with me so I found a good spot near to where it should be put a pop can on top of it and closed the hood, partially crushing the pop can. That gave me a good enough connection that it fired right up and I went on my date. I think I was only about 5 mins late picking her up. Those slant 6 engines just run and run and run....

Lary Ellis (Top) 07-08-2015 01:42 PM

I had a Plymouth Volare with the slant 6...got great fuel mileage and was very dependable.....wish I had it back now.

Shovelhead 07-08-2015 02:38 PM

Still have my Mom's 86 Dodge Aries with the 'powerful' 2.2L Fuel Injected 4 banger. <60,000 miles

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...02576a5448.jpg