Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hanyday

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, have two jobs I can take anytime, not sure about the one, or working for the other, but it's something. One is a custom harvester, the other is a rancher. Have to talk to another rancher as well. Both would be temporary, 3-4 months, but it may give me time til another farm job opens.
The farmer I talked to decided to give his current hired man a couple more months. Said it's a lousy way to make a business decision, he went to school with the guy, their kids are in the same class, and their wives are friends. If corn was still in the $5 range, he said he's heard enough good things about me he'd just put me on, but he can't do it with $3 corn.
Need to talk to another couple of trucking companies as well.
Things are looking (mostly) good.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
NE- Glad to hear things are looking up for you!

I had friends who were custom harvest. They did the Neb to MT route. They all loved it except for the "be there or else" demand.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Got DW home from some same day surgery. All is well except for the nausea. That is just now starting. I am taking tomorrow off to hang around and pester her to a speedy recovery.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Just running through - - fresh coffee and ph00 are on along with some sprinkles I found in the dumpster behind Dunkin Donuts last night. L8R

Old 02-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Those were sprinkles, but not what everyone thinks
Old 02-10-2016, 06:37 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Just running through - - fresh coffee and ph00 are on along with some sprinkles I found in the dumpster behind Dunkin Donuts last night. L8R

The way you phrased this made me think of Old Dog.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Those were sprinkles, but not what everyone thinks

Sprinkles of what ????????????????
Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Still in analysis.
Appear to be droppings.
Probably not any more harmful or less flavorful.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

wakey wakey eggs and...
Old 02-11-2016, 07:10 AM

Morning all. Eggs???? hmmmm...............sounds good. Don't have them often. Throw some rabbit toast with jelly in the mix .hmmmmmmmmm...........yeh. And ph00...........

Busy day - - Valentine's party for my class tonight - - big din din, everybody dresses all up, have games, fun time. Lots to do to have everything ready. L8R
Old 02-11-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Morning all. Eggs???? hmmmm...............sounds good. Don't have them often. Throw some rabbit toast with jelly in the mix .hmmmmmmmmm...........yeh. And ph00...........

Busy day - - Valentine's party for my class tonight - - big din din, everybody dresses all up, have games, fun time. Lots to do to have everything ready. L8R
After 40 years, the dietary cholesterol lie has been removed from the federal dietary guidelines.

Also being shot down is the idea that forcing cholesterol levels down with statins is actually beneficial. The reason statins help is because they are also anti-inflammatory. Cholesterol by itself doesn't cause arterial plaque. Inflammation is the cause.

Cholesterol is a needed component of our diet. It's a critical component in almost every tissue in our body.

Also being found out after a long time is that the bacon is better for you than the rabbit toast.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Opens door slowly, peeks head in) Is this the breakroom? I dont see the janitor anywhere? The coffee actually smells decent. No dragon? What have all you old people done to this place!!!!!

I kinda like it
Old 02-13-2016, 05:50 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Extra strong, very hot coffee and ph00 is now ready. So is some hot chocolate for those 'enjoying' the latest winter storm. Just keep it up north, OK?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Extra strong, very hot coffee and ph00 is now ready. So is some hot chocolate for those 'enjoying' the latest winter storm. Just keep it up north, OK?
Morning Stan,
Ph00................................................

MMMMM good. And I am with you on them thar storms. Don't need them. Time for us to start the spring routine down here. Trying to plan my Breakfast on the Beach for my class, but weather has been so quirky we are putting it off a couple more weeks.

OK, off and running with the wife. She wants to hit the Mennonite restaurant this morning for breakfast then do some shopping. Soooo, I will go and maybe find something for myself too (like a new Porsche or something similar).......................... Have a gudurn

Bob
Old 02-13-2016, 10:08 AM

Morning Gang!
Nice pretty day, but cold. 3-4 inches of the white stuff coming in tomorrow. Don't forget the flowers and candy!
Old 02-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Woke up to zilch - 13 for temp. Rolled over and made like a racoon for a couple more hours. Wood fire went out. Propane's a burning....... ZZZZZZZ.

Took DW out to Eichten's restaurant last night and had some buffalo burger and chili with sweet potato fries... Made us some omelettes with the leftovers for break.....er brunch. Double nummy.

Snow storm slated for here looks like it'll break up before it gets here. We need some snow, but I'm going to have to go cut a little more fire wood, so I don't know what to wish for.

It's warming up now. Cold blast headed toward Stan and Bob. Don't think it's going to make it that far, though.