Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Week that Is Breakroom - KISS 8/20-8/26

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
The Week that Is Breakroom - KISS 8/20-8/26

Ahhhhh, you found it. Now, wasn't that simple. Welcome to the breakroom for THIS week. Special breakfast catered from the Breakfast Cottage in Florida. Their specialties are many, but I enjoy their banana/walnut pancakes with special batter and maple syrup. Careful, one or two will fill you up. And each plate comes with a gorgeous special edible orchid flower to enhance your experience. Oh yeh, their omelets are big and full. I will go ahead and make the coffee and ph00 and the place was still pretty clean this morning, so I just did a quick once-over and it is ready furya.

Sunday - - go to church. I am missing it today - - still in misery - - pills have not kicked in - - - soon hopefully.

Y'all have a great and enjoy breakfast.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Great Breakfast bob Thanks!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Coffee and toast today ... guest preacher at church this morning is sometimes busier than just doing the preaching yourself

Save me 2 pancakes and I'll fry an egg sunny side up when I get home this afternoon... put it between and syrup and butter on top ... ummm

Hope the meds kick in soon
Old 08-20-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 2,385 Likes on 1,575 Posts
Thanks Bob.
Nice breakfast spread!
It is a beautiful day here in VT.
The weather here is starting too feel like fall is in the air. I am going to stack up firewood today.
Hopefully I get some help from my daughter...I know she likes a warm house...
Old 08-20-2017, 09:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where this morning I do not know how it would be possible to improve on the weather. Been outside all morning enjoying the day.

Bob, you have dun extra gud with the breakfast. I like! Sorry to hear that you are ailing. May you heal fast and bounce back as good as ever. You do know that there are two meanings to KISS don't you? Which one are you using for this bunch?

Off to enjoy another coffee outside. This fantastic day is too good to sit inside.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Mornin kids. Batch of 4 new bunnies came out from under the house yesterday afternoon. They're sooo cute when they're little.
Went and looked at a house. HUGE garage, but the rest of the place was a bust. One of two places that survived the Sockeye fire in that subdivision.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
You do know that there are two meanings to KISS don't you? Which one are you using for this bunch?
Now you know me better than that - - shame. After the name last week, it meant Keep It Simple Stupid. There see - - how could you have bad thoughts of me? Shame. KISS - - See, it works. ..........................
Old 08-20-2017, 04:38 PM

I've got my sunny side up egg ready did anyone save me those two pancakes??

Oliver... what part of VT ?

Stan the Mexican glad to see ya back ... been away for a few days?

We're have the church family over after service tonight for a cook out ... so I might be a little late but I'll have hamburgers and hotdogs , potato salad and chips, probably some watermelon... lunch is on me or .. um the church tomorrow

I'll put all the grub in the refrigerator... don't stand there with the door open and don't leave the dragon unattended!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:54 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Now you know me better than that - - shame. After the name last week, it meant Keep It Simple Stupid. There see - - how could you have bad thoughts of me? Shame. KISS - - See, it works. ..........................

Bob, Bob, Bob, I would never have imagined that you would stoop so low as to call any of the DTR members Stupid! Going to have to rethink my opinion of you.
I had assumed (wrongly) that you were referring to Keep It Super Simple.

No Ol-dodge 1992, have not been away, just busy. I do have another life beyond DTR.

Still gorgeous weather down here. Wish that we could have days like this every day. Went out for lunch with my wife and stuffed myself with delicious Mexican food. Started with a big bowl of Caldo Tlapeno soup, then went on to a huge beef gordito accompanied with lots of spicy guacamole. No room for dessert after that. Most of you will not know the foods I am talking about, so do a search on them and start drooling. Lunch for the two of us came to 197 pesos, roughly US$11. Had my truck hand washed and dried while eating and that cost me about US$2.80. Sure do love living down here.

Off to do --------------- nothing. It's Sunday afternoon, so doing nothing is allowed.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 2,385 Likes on 1,575 Posts
Ol-Dodge 1992 I am near Stowe VT, which is pretty far north near Canada, but in the middle of the state east to west.
It was a nice day and my daughter and I got a good 3/4 of a cord of firewood stacked....now just at least 8 more cords to split and stack and we should be warm for the winter.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECLIPSE DAYYYYYY!!!! who else is up already?
Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I took all the labels off all the canned goods. Today is can o' surprise day. Kind of like a good eclipse

My Elder Twin removed the light bulbs too.

Phoo is allturd and ready fore olive ewe.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I opened a couple cans to make lunch. Don't know what happened, but today's lunch looks to be pickled beets and pineapple chunks.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just bought a locking ratcheting can opener. may be as great as sliced bread.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:10 AM

Look in the fridge!!! I left all the stuff from our cook out in there ... hamburger hotdog salads chips ...

Errr ummm where is the dragon??

Quick Reply: The Week that Is Breakroom - KISS 8/20-8/26