Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Got a Glock

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hoss
Some states (California for instance) require that shell casings and bullets fired from the gun be turned over to used as a ballistic fingerprint in that state. If you're lucky enough (or smart enough) NOT to live in one of those states then they send them to you instead.

At least that's what I've been told.
I guess Utah is lucky enough to not be one of those states.

phox
Old 03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by txfiremedic
Glad you are doing the research!
Perhaps...but now you've really got me curious. I did a Google search for "limited edition Glock" and the only sites that came up were some offering new "customized" Glocks and some offering a "20th Anniversary Limited Edition Glock" which has some laser etching on the slide. There was also an Oklahoma Centennial edition, but it appeared to be customized aftermarket. In fact, I'm fairly certain the 20th Anniversary edition was customized aftermarket as well just based on what I read about it. "Limited Edition Glock 27" brought up nothing on Google...and a search on GlockTalk revealed the same.

BUT...I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you're happy with it.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Got yourself a Glock eh?
OH well, better luck next time.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps...but now you've really got me curious. I did a Google search for "limited edition Glock" and the only sites that came up were some offering new "customized" Glocks and some offering a "20th Anniversary Limited Edition Glock" which has some laser etching on the slide. There was also an Oklahoma Centennial edition, but it appeared to be customized aftermarket. In fact, I'm fairly certain the 20th Anniversary edition was customized aftermarket as well just based on what I read about it. "Limited Edition Glock 27" brought up nothing on Google...and a search on GlockTalk revealed the same.

BUT...I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as you're happy with it.
Here ya go, I am positive this wasn't done aftermarket, On the Glock box that it came in, is a factory placed sticker which states: 27 40S&W LIMITED EDT 2MAG with the serial number on it, don't think that was done aftermarket. I know the pix suck but thats the best I could get and if you look closely you can make out the Limited Edt on the sticker.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Well...there ya have it I guess. I can be a bit of a skeptic at times.

Who's Brandon??
Old 03-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Well...there ya have it I guess. I can be a bit of a skeptic at times.

Who's Brandon??
Sorry, I was thinking about an email to a friend of mine. I try doing too many things at once. Anyways, you have any idea of where I could get a value on that gun??
Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 PM

Since "value" is in reality determined by what someone is willing to pay for it, your best bet to determine what it's worth is to take it to a gun show and see what kind of offers you can get for it. If it truly did come from the factory that way then it is indeed a rare gun, which of course will increase it's value.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Similar to the shell casings was an interesting thing I found in my Sig P220 box when I opened it, was a signed target stating that the tester had fired my gun at 25 yards. The target had 3 holes in it and the grouping was about 1.5". I guess this was just a testiment to the quality of the gun? Do other manufactures do this?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 PM

He probably fired them from 5 yards.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
Got yourself a Glock eh?
OH well, better luck next time.
Ya ya ya.

One of these days I'll win the lottery and be able to afford a collection like some folks have.

phox
Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

It isn't quantity that counts in the heat of the moment, it's quality. And what you can shoot most accurately. Glocks are like Chevy's and Fords, I just don't like them. I'm a Dodge - 1911 freak I guess.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
It isn't quantity that counts in the heat of the moment, it's quality. And what you can shoot most accurately. Glocks are like Chevy's and Fords, I just don't like them. I'm a Dodge - 1911 freak I guess.
I haven't owned enough variety to form an opinion quite yet.

I love shooting my Ruger 9mm and my Taurus .357 Magnum, both too big to carry.

Hate shooting my previous carry gun, my Walther PPK/s .380, which isn't a good thing for a daily carry.

Time will tell with the Glock, but already is more fun to shoot than the PPK.

phox
Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Thumbs up

I have the XD-9mm and the Glock-27 40cal and I really like them both. The XD is a little bigger and holds 16 rounds! The Glock shoots just as good as the XD, but I'm going to have to go to the range and shoot the full frame 45's that both offer! Accuracy with both are in the range of 3" at 30 Yards ! I know, I know, I need to practice more! I ran through 200 rounds Saturday in the XD and 50 in the Glock. I intend to do the same this Sat with both guns again! JB
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Hoss, have you ever seen a Sig?

Hay
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Yes...and I've fired one too. Very nice guns. I have nothing against them. However, it's just hard to beat the utterly reliable simplicity of a Glock. There is NOTHING that could possibly go wrong with my Glock that I couldn't fix myself with the exception of a cracked frame or slide...and I'm certainly no gunsmith. Glocks are simple...and tough...and reasonably priced...and they work. Are there prettier guns? Yes. More accurate guns? Yes. More expensive guns? Yes. More reliable guns? Arguably, no...and when my life is on the line reliability is my biggest concern.

Quick Reply: Got a Glock