Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Go easy on me guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go easy on me guys

I was cruising the Vette board and I asked a question about some free mods I could do to my cooling system to keep it cooler. I know there are some for the vette and I was curious if they would work for my truck. So I put a post up and this is the reply I got back:<br><br>You dad can take his vette to a local tuner (not a dealership) and for $40 to $60 get his fan speeds reset to come on at a lower temperature. That's what I did and my car never heats up over 187 deg F.<br>As for your Dodge pickup......kill it and get rid of the krautmobile. Dodge/Chrysler never has made a decent engine and they still don't. Go buy a Chevy, it'll last longer, ride better, look better and you can take some pride in not driving a german product.<br><br>Just my opinion.<br><br>Now here's where yall are going to kill me. But isn't the Cummins made in the good ole' USA? And isn't Dodge also an American based company (I know they have assembly plants outside the states but that doesn't matter). This guy kind of ticked me off insulting my truck (most of those guys know jack crap bout diesels) and I want to prove him wrong. Thanks for the help.<br>
Old 05-08-2003, 11:18 AM

Re:Go easy on me guys

You have a link ?? Please ;D<br><br>Most Cummins are built in Mexico or Brazil.<br><br>Time for somebody to go over there and start posting 1/4 times.....<br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 05-08-2003, 11:30 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136189 date=1052410099]<br>Dodge/Chrysler never has made a decent engine and they still don't. Go buy a Chevy, it'll last longer, ride better, look better and you can take some pride in not driving a german product.<br>[/quote]<br><br>ACK! Thems fightin' words. Remind him that 426 Hemi of 60's and 70's was nearly unstoppable. The little 340 of the same era is easily one of the best small blocks ever built. The 360, for its size, is an awful capable engine, for a gasser. And the little 318 CANNOT be killed by man <br><br>Even when I wasn't a fan of Dodge (yes, at one time I was Ford man, but I've reformed and am recovering nicely), I still had to agree with my father (who is died in the wool Dodge) that the Dodge powerplants were far tougher than the Fords and Chev's I was playing with at the time.<br><br>As for where a product is built, there is nothing on the market right now that is purely North American built. Cummins farms out to Mexico, Brazil, and China. Dodge farms out to Japan and a host of other countries. Chevy powerplants have more Japanese components in them than North American. Ford's got manfacturing plants all over the place. 'American built' is no longer a term that holds any water.<br><br>And as far as the diesel engine itself goes, we won't bother getting into that arguement <br><br>Rod
Old 05-08-2003, 12:40 PM

Aren't Chevy Duramax engines built by Isuzu?<br>Tim
Old 05-08-2003, 01:48 PM

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136203 date=1052411455]<br>[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136189 date=1052410099]<br>Dodge/Chrysler never has made a decent engine and they still don't. Go buy a Chevy, it'll last longer, ride better, look better and you can take some pride in not driving a german product.<br>[/quote]<br><br>ACK! Thems fightin' words. Remind him that 426 Hemi of 60's and 70's was nearly unstoppable. The little 340 of the same era is easily one of the best small blocks ever built. The 360, for its size, is an awful capable engine, for a gasser. And the little 318 CANNOT be killed by man <br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>Dont forget the ole bulletproof 225 slant 6!!! I have one in my1983 power wagon with over 300,000 miles on it with no motor work except a couple carbs!!!!! An also that newer 4.0L inline 6 in the jeeps that is a great engine and will outlast most Ford or chuvy's!!!!!!<br><br>-Ian
Old 05-08-2003, 01:53 PM

tlea, they are indeed Isuzu. As Rod so aptly pointed out, there are no automobiles made completely &quot;USA&quot; they all get parts, sub-assy, etc. from overseas sources and it really makes no difference where it's made when you are looking for the best. For truck diesels in our class, Cummins makes the best. The old Chrysler inline 6 gassers (flathead sixes) were almost indestructable just like the old Internation Harvester of similar design (this was in the 50's and 60's). The forign cars made inroads to our market primarily because they addressed a niche (economy cars) at a time when domestic makers did not.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

BB, I would not waste my breath on that guy, he won't hear anything you say anyway. People like that believe their own set of &quot;facts&quot; and if you argue with them, they just get a chance to spew even more of their junk.<br><br> Guys like that are best served with a smile and go on your way knowing you drive the best built truck engine in the world.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136189 date=1052410099]As for your Dodge pickup......kill it and get rid of the krautmobile. Dodge/Chrysler never has made a decent engine and they still don't. Go buy a Chevy, it'll last longer, ride better, look better and you can take some pride in not driving a german product.

Just my opinion.

Now here's where yall are going to kill me. But isn't the Cummins made in the good ole' USA? And isn't Dodge also an American based company (I know they have assembly plants outside the states but that doesn't matter). This guy kind of ticked me off insulting my truck (most of those guys know jack crap bout diesels) and I want to prove him wrong. Thanks for the help.

[/quote]

He probably didn't even realize you have a diesel.

Just ignore him Blue...he's an idiot.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Banned

Corvette owner mentality.... <br>gotta send this link to my uncle--he has 2 'vettes!!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Banned

Yeah. I fed him a couple of 1/4 mile times. Told him a little bout the amount of boost and stuff we push on stock engines. Told him the power we put out. And the mileage we get while putting down that power. I'm not going to post the link cause I know that it will get deleted as soon as I put it up there. I just wanted to make sure that Cummins/Dodge is not based in Germany.<br><br>Hoss, I wrote in the post that I have a diesel and I have the same signature over there that I have here. So I don't know how he didn't notice it.<br><br>Top, your right. I know he won't listen to me. I could show him all sorts of facts and evidence and he still won't believe me. That's the bad thing about some vette owners. They can be incredibly ignorant.<br><br>Thanks for the help yall.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:20 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Don't forget Chevy's attempt at the I-6. 305 was a real hotty too.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=Redleg link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136294 date=1052428831]<br>Don't forget Chevy's attempt at the I-6. 305 was a real hotty too. <br>[/quote]<br><br>I had one of those, bored to something like 320, Harman Collins FR cam, Stromberg carbs (3), Mallory Magspark. I was turning low 12's way back before I want to admit. It was a going machine. We made our slicks using worn out truck tires. Fun days. :<br><br>Sreamin'Bob
Old 05-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=14509;start=0#136293 date=1052428551]Hoss, I wrote in the post that I have a diesel and I have the same signature over there that I have here. So I don't know how he didn't notice it.[/quote]<br><br>Your signature doesn't mention what engine is in your truck. I'd just ignore him... :
Old 05-08-2003, 04:33 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Maybe you found the combination to keep it going <br>My uncle had the head gasket done twice, then a new head under warranty in a pick up w/ the I-6.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:22 PM

That guy is a complete MORON!! Chrysler hasnt built anything good a?? As Push Rod mentioned allready!! HEMI!! has to be by far one the the most genuis products ever built!! u dont see anything chevy going down the track at 300+ mph ;D or producing 5000+hp either!! just tell him four letters HEMI!!! Bring it on!!!!!

Quick Reply: Go easy on me guys