Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Geez people here are crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts

Yesterday morning a few blocks from my house I drive down this street almost every day some guy though it might be fun to shoot at the passing cars.

This prompted an Active Shooter response from Los Angeles County Sheriff SWAT team, local PD and CHP.

Man live streams Covina standoff with SWAT after allegedly shooting at passing cars, deputies

Then at the same time, about 7 miles away.

Investigation underway after deputy-involved shooting in La Puente - Story | KTTV

And then this morning in San Bernardino,

Teacher and Student Killed by Teacher's Husband in Apparent Murder-Suicide at Elementary School:
the 8 year old was in the line of fire and died on the way to surgery.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/female-te...180128368.html

There are crazy people everywhere even when I drive down the freeway people will cut me off or intentionally stay in my blind spot so I cannot change lanes.

You have to drive defensive and well as knowing offensive driving tactics, people tell me "aw come on, you do not live in a war zone"

Really!

We live in an upper class neighborhood with houses that range from $300,000 to over $2,000,000.

How is your neighborhood, do you think you are away from crime?

Jim
Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Jim - - - what do you expect? You are in California!!!! ........

Just teasing. Our whole world is coming apart and becoming very cruel and
no appreciation in life itself. What do we do?????
Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Worse drivers in the country live in California. The way these people drive I just cannot understand how they manage to stay alive. I try to stay clear of them driving in the middle lane mostly. You can always see them coming up on you in the rear view mirror going 80 mph. Changing lanes constantly and speeding up then slowing down. Gives new credence to the song Jesus take the wheel Save me from this road of crazies.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:07 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Jim,when I was a kid, we thought it was fun to throw rocks at passing cars in front of my own house... I think differently now.

You do live in Crazyfornia. So yeah, maybe it's you whos crazy enough to live there. Like I have any right to say anything.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Jim - - - what do you expect? You are in California!!!! ........

Just teasing. Our whole world is coming apart and becoming very cruel and
no appreciation in life itself. What do we do?????
A widespread plague would be a good start. Bottom feeding Lawyers and hip hop entertainers come to mind
Old 04-12-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
A widespread plague would be a good start. Bottom feeding Lawyers and hip hop entertainers come to mind
Hey man, I think you have a plan. Go for it.
I graduated from HS in California. Headed south for one semester of college and said this is enough for me. Packed my bags, sold my barn burner Chev and jumped on a bus and got out of the state to finish college. Heading back in September for HS class reunion. 40% of the class is dead. Bummer. THEY must be getting old and wobbly. ..............................Been a long time since I have seen any one of them.

Back to work.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The weather keeps me here.
I'm a native and live in a paid off home 4 miles from the beach.
Summer's coming and I can already feel the crunch of tourist arrivals. It's really nuts in summer here.
We long for September when the hoards vamoose and relative calm is restored.
I certainly concur on driver's aggressive behavior and don't get me started on the texters.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
More illegals here then all other states combined, they are driving and have no insurance and no license. Hit and runs are now common place and everyone accepts it as the new norm here. Hope Trump cracks down on the POS Governor Moonbeam for destroying this state. It was once a nice place to live but has become too crowded with liberals and illegals.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by BigIron70
Worse drivers in the country live in California.
Reminds me of a cute joke: California motorcycle highway patrol pulls up alongside a nice convertible running 85mph on the 5 - - looks over, gets the attention of the driver who is a very pretty blonde. She is knitting while driving. He motions to the side of the road and hollers at her "pull over." She hollers back "No, it is a scarf."

Ooopps, here comes my blonde -- gotta cover up the screen. ................................she's tough.....................

Fresh ph00, coffee are on plus hot water for Claude. Had some great lemon merengue pie left over from company last night, so brought it in. Yummy. Gotta run. ................................
Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
We are having freeway sniper problems here also. 2 in as many weeks in the same area.