Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Frozen turkey, Igloo break room 11/18 to11/24

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Been expecting it for a long time really when the big merger happened. Surprised it took this long. I predict the rest of the Anchorage office personnel will follow shortly and everything will be handled out of the Portland office. That won't go over well with our local clientele. Though I have a lot of experience and knowledge to bring to the table, my age, health, and physical limitations make me less desirable in the market place. I've been thinking of a less physical career change anyway.
Freezing fog yesterday and last night has made for very slick roads.
Well, at least you weren't blindsided....

What's the new idea for a form of employment ?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:11 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

I can't believe it, but I may actually get to finish up the house this year. Next week supposed to be in the 50's, and I'll be able to stain the last sections of the house.

Only time will tell, I guess.

Tomorrow.. high of 18*F, so ... no staining.

Left a 12 pack in the fridge. It's Wednesday night before Tourkey day.. Have at it, boyz.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Well, at least you weren't blindsided....

What's the new idea for a form of employment ?
I"m thinking maybe aircraft parts and fill in on the shop floor from time to time.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:53 AM

Not as cold with some clouds moving in. Turkey today, moving this weekend.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. We Americans and Canadians can get so complacent in our position we forget to look around
the rest of the world - - - then say thank you God for putting me here and allowing me to have what I have - - - and the good friends and
job and food. We are blest - - we just need to take note and enjoy and be grateful.

Busy day today and it went very well. Daughter came in from the ranch and joined us. Tough on her. She was here for Thanksgiving two years ago with
her husband and two daughters. Two weeks later we were at the cemetery burying her husband. She has never been the same - - hates to leave the
ranch and see people.

Going to say goodnight. Closing down this computer and call it a day. Sleep well.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:01 AM

Morning all - -- hope all slept well. Fresh coffee and ph00 and assorted fruit juices ready as well as assorted boxed cereals. Milk in fridge.
Off and running - - have a great day. Oh, brought the dragon back so go pet him and make him welcome. He seemed to enjoy the warm
Florida vacation.

…..…………..
Old 11-23-2018, 05:23 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from way down here, the land of lots of warm sun. Slept well and now ready to to carp diem. How many of you are NOT ready to carp diem? Maybe try some of what Bob set out and see if any of that helps.

The dragon is a male? Never could figure out what it was. Dare I ask how you came to that conclusion?

In the last few days have had more than my share of vitamin D, and it is not in pill form. Been doing some painting outside my house and most of it is in the direct sun. Nice, but when the sun is that bright is actually makes it hard to see where I am applying the paint, particularly when I am trying to paint a straight line where one color joins another. Even polarized sun glasses do not help much. Next Saturday we will have a more than full house as the family from 3 cities come here for the annual family get together and joint family Christmas. Been getting the place spruced up for this event. Need to get the lawn cut next week so that the tables and chairs can be set up for the big meal of the day. As usual this will be catered with the caterers setting up their stoves etc next to one side of the terrace.

Cougar, not nice what dropped into your lap. You mentioned going into the parts business. If there is not an Aircraft Spruce & Specialty in your area, would it be worth your while to start a dealership?

Just waiting for it to get light and a bit warmer, then heading back out into what looks like the beginning of another gorgeous day. Thanks Bob for the coffee etc.

Ciao.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Headed for a balmy plus 1C today.
was 4C yesterday.
hanyday olive ewe.

Spoke with my Elder Twin and he’s working on a new Legg treatment. My sample jar was seized at the border.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:32 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Anybody who thinks that single digit temperatures are balmy is balmy!
Old 11-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Scotty balmy?....Blimey!

Looking for lost pie there has to be some around here someplace....Got a postcard from the dragon he is enjoying his vacation in Florida but thinks Bob should really get a larger pair of Speedos!
Old 11-23-2018, 10:33 AM

What would 12°F be in centigrade? -11°C? Shirtsleeve weather.
Wife made here Alaska famous Matanuska carrot cake with glacial silt frosting (course frosting) with a dusting of volcanic ash (cinnamon) for you. Enjoy.

Had a little fun with a power joke yesterday. He pulled up next to me at a stop light with all his speed junk stickers on the back window and started revving his motor. When the light turned green he took off. When he saw I was 2 lengths behind him he pushed it. He had that startled look on his face when I disappeared in his mirrors suddenly appeared next to him. Classic!
Old 11-24-2018, 08:02 AM

Can you believe it? Another week is gone. Amazing. Did not get enough stuff done.

This dragon is amazing. He was scratching at the tent wall before I even walked in. Jumped up on me and wanted his back scratched.
Would not leave my side. Interesting. Lary - - I figured it was a male at how much he was attracted to our dragon here in the lanai which
is a female. They had fun but he would not go in the pool with her. Fun.

Fresh coffee and p00 for y00 on the counter. Large pot of cimmmammmumm oatmeal on the stove and cimmmammummm buns on the
counter. Enjoy. Me gone.

Bob ………………………...
Old 11-24-2018, 10:01 AM

Snow today then rain the next couple days.
Cleared my stuff out of the hangar with the help of another former employee of the company. Kept some tools there so I can work on my truck. Today I unload my trailer into storage.